UnderGround Forums McGregor tries to dismiss Chiesa lawsuit

5 days ago
1/21/18
oranos -

I demand transparency on which circumstances Chiesa was not cleared to fight and who did not clear him to fight. I demand to know if there was anyone else negotiating that besides Chiesa and the person making that decision.

i demand you tongue my sphincter

doesnt mean its happening, son

5 days ago
10/9/10
FrontBroRian -
ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe - 
FrontBroRian -

"You weren't able to work and missed out on potentally hundreds of thousands of dollars, because you were injured through the negligence of somebody else? Well... you went back to work a month later, so you didn't actually lose anything"

There’s no way you’re this dense. I’ll try to break it down for you slower yet I’m sure you’ll still be confused.

No bus incident: Chiesa shows up and gets his ass beat by Pettis. Makes $35k to show

Bus incident: Chiesa still makes his $35k to show. Fights Pettis 4 weeks later and makes another $35k to show while getting his ass beat by Pettis.

No incident: Chiesa makes $35k

Incident: Chiesa makes $70k in 4 weeks.

Quit being retarded

Who are you to say he wouldn't have gotten his show/win money, got two performance bonuses, then fought again a month later? You are not the person to determine that. Not even to mention he likely missed out on a title shot. Why can you not comprehend this? What he did for money a month later, is 100% irrelevant, and has absolutely nothing to do with his loss of potental earning, on that day. Not to mention the emotional toll of going through an entire training camp for the biggest fight of his career, then getting pulled 2 days out, in the middle of a brutal weight cut. I really can't tell if you're trolling or actually being serious.

LOL yes he was better than Pettis that day but way worse than him 4 weeks later.

You guys are fn retarded.

Funny how being pulled 2 days out, and the brutal weight cut, and the emotional toll didn’t completely destroy Pettis’ world like it did for Chiesa.

What the guy above you said is reasonable and a completely sensible conclusion to draw. Your argument is based on these assumptions: 

-Chiesa has zero percent chance of winning that night 

-Chiesa has no chance of winning a bonus 

-Chiesa and Pettis are somehow psychologically the same person and handle distress the same exact way

-Chiesa (had he won) wouldn’t have been higher ranked, in a better spot to challenge the champion, or been in a more advantageous position in terms of negotiations (if his contract was up after that one) 

The fact that you make all of these assumptions to make your case means it’s too flawed. It’s the POSSIBILITY of those things that makes his case possible. As likely or unlikely as they are, it doesn’t matter. This is the law we are talking about, and the law couldn’t give a fuck less about what Chiesa’s ranking is, or how he matches up with Pettis. 

If I’m a salesman and I get paid by hour plus bonus for each sale, and somebody T Bones me running a red light, im coming after them. Even if my boss was nice enough to pay me for the day, I missed out on potential sales. That could have led to more money, which could have led to more opportunity. 

5 days ago
3/4/12

Chiesa is a ambulance chaser, I seen the cut on his forehead, wasnt even bad, but then again I almost lost my arm falling through a window and had over 1600 staples and stitches on just one arm. 

Chiesa shouldnt of taken that fight the UFC offered him, it fucked him over big time, his excuse was well I need money to live, well bitch, should of stayed in school.

4 days ago
2/2/15
KING Stannis Baratheon -
Bilge Water -
oranos -

What were Chiesa's injuries? He had a small cut on his forehead? 

Also where the fuck is Ray Borg with his bullshit claiming he got an eye injury from the glass while wearing his glasses? You remember that fucking clown ?

I've gotten stuff in my eye while wearing actual safety glasses, so it can happen very easily, moron.

Did you realise you had “stuff” in your eye when it happened or not until later?

In borgs case his credibility is in question because not only did glass work it’s way around his glasses but he also did not realise until later it would seem.

Immediately, however, I was addressing the claim that it couldn't happen simply because he was wearing glasses.

4 days ago
1/1/01
FrontBroRian -
Stu Cazzo - 
oranos -

Also where the fuck is Ray Borg with his bullshit claiming he got an eye injury from the glass while wearing his glasses? You remember that fucking clown ?

Whatever it was - he wasn’t medically cleared to fight because of it.

He’s at least owed his show money imo.  

He fought the exact same opponent, same pay, same bonus opportunities, etc...like 4 weeks later.

He didn’t lose anything.

But I’m sure he and Rose are holed up in their homes due to the trauma and emotional distress, and money would help all that

LOL

4 days ago
7/19/13

Potato chip will have to pay up.. fuck the McGregors! 

4 days ago
2/24/07
MasterofMartialArts - 
FrontBroRian -
FrontBroRian -

"You weren't able to work and missed out on potentally hundreds of thousands of dollars, because you were injured through the negligence of somebody else? Well... you went back to work a month later, so you didn't actually lose anything"

There’s no way you’re this dense. I’ll try to break it down for you slower yet I’m sure you’ll still be confused.

No bus incident: Chiesa shows up and gets his ass beat by Pettis. Makes $35k to show

Bus incident: Chiesa still makes his $35k to show. Fights Pettis 4 weeks later and makes another $35k to show while getting his ass beat by Pettis.

Quit being retarded

Who are you to say he wouldn't have gotten his show/win money, got two performance bonuses, then fought again a month later? You are not the person to determine that. Not even to mention he likely missed out on a title shot. Why can you not comprehend this? What he did for money a month later, is 100% irrelevant, and has absolutely nothing to do with his loss of potental earning, on that day. Not to mention the emotional toll of going through an entire training camp for the biggest fight of his career, then getting pulled 2 days out, in the middle of a brutal weight cut. I really can't tell if you're trolling or actually being serious.

LOL yes he was better than Pettis that day but way worse than him 4 weeks later.

Funny how being pulled 2 days out, and the brutal weight cut, and the emotional toll didn’t completely destroy Pettis’ world like it did for Chiesa.

What the guy above you said is reasonable and a completely sensible conclusion to draw. Your argument is based on these assumptions: 

-Chiesa and Pettis are somehow psychologically the same person and handle distress the same exact way

-Chiesa (had he won) wouldn’t have been higher ranked, in a better spot to challenge the champion, or been in a more advantageous position in terms of negotiations (if his contract was up after that one) 

The fact that you make all of these assumptions to make your case means it’s too flawed. It’s the POSSIBILITY of those things that makes his case possible. As likely or unlikely as they are, it doesn’t matter. This is the law we are talking about, and the law couldn’t give a fuck less about what Chiesa’s ranking is, or how he matches up with Pettis. 

If I’m a salesman and I get paid by hour plus bonus for each sale, and somebody T Bones me running a red light, im coming after them. Even if my boss was nice enough to pay me for the day, I missed out on potential sales. That could have led to more money, which could have led to more opportunity. 

“If I’m a salesman and I get paid by hour plus bonus for each sale, and somebody T Bones me running a red light, im coming after them. Even if my boss was nice enough to pay me for the day, I missed out on potential sales. That could have led to more money, which could have led to more opportunity. ”

Not if you were able to complete your route the following day and still had the same opportunities.

Unless of course you were so emotionally distressed you couldn’t sell anymore, then I’m sure a few million would make you and Chiesa feel better and make the trauma go away
4 days ago
2/24/07
Holy shit I just looked at Chiesa's fighter profile.

Dude fought once in 2016, once in 2017, and once in 2018. He has a history of fighting once a year, so with getting TWO paydays in 2018, he should be thanking Conor for the bus incident.

I guess when you haven't won a fight in almost 3 years you'll resort to doing what you need to get by, which appears to be suing for him. What a scumbag
4 days ago
1/1/01
FrontBroRian - Holy shit I just looked at Chiesa's fighter profile.

Dude fought once in 2016, once in 2017, and once in 2018. He has a history of fighting once a year, so with getting TWO paydays in 2018, he should be thanking Conor for the bus incident.

I guess when you haven't won a fight in almost 3 years you'll resort to doing what you need to get by, which appears to be suing for him. What a scumbag

CM is the scum bag in this situation. 

4 days ago
10/9/10
FrontBroRian -
MasterofMartialArts - 
FrontBroRian -
FrontBroRian -

Quit being retarded

“If I’m a salesman and I get paid by hour plus bonus for each sale, and somebody T Bones me running a red light, im coming after them. Even if my boss was nice enough to pay me for the day, I missed out on potential sales. That could have led to more money, which could have led to more opportunity. ”

Not if you were able to complete your route the following day and still had the same opportunities.

Unless of course you were so emotionally distressed you couldn’t sell anymore, then I’m sure a few million would make you and Chiesa feel better and make the trauma go away

You’re missing the point. What happens the next day literally does NOT matter. Like at all. I don’t understand how you don’t get that. You are missing out on possible opportunities that DAY because of what happened. 

I love how you are assessing the case as if you were actually there, and like you actually know what you’re talking about. I’m done try to explain it to you because you love shitting on fighters for whatever reason, and then you act like your opinion is the only correct one. 

4 days ago
10/9/10
Samoa -

CM is the scum bag in this situation. 

That post just solidifies FRBs agenda around here. He isn’t here to discuss MMA, look at the microscope he has on Chiesa. 

4 days ago
1/1/01

As if it matters that he fought 4 months later and made the same money. If someone punches a musician in the face and they can’t play a concert but they play it in 4 months anyway does that somehow alleviate the attacker from blame or fault?  That is, imo, a stupid line of thinking. 

4 days ago
2/24/07
Samoa - 

As if it matters that he fought 4 months later and made the same money. If someone punches a musician in the face and they can’t play a concert but they play it in 4 months anyway does that somehow alleviate the attacker from blame or fault?  That is, imo, a stupid line of thinking. 

You guys use the most retarded analogies.

If Chiesa wants to prove in court that he lost money, he needs to prove it. You can’t use your random hypothetical scenarios. Like, if someone rear ends my car today I can’t sue for $50m and say it they wouldn’t have done that MAYBE I would have went and purchased a lottery ticket and MAYBE I would have won so they owe me all that money.

Fact is Chiesa has shown a history of one UFC fight per year. He can’t prove he lost out on any fights due to Conor. He’s shown that history of earning one payday from the ufc per year. He doubled that in 2018, despite the Conor incident. He can’t say he lost the opportunity of fighting a well known guy like Pettis. He did fight Pettis. Weeks later, not months.

It’s cool. You guys are the type to sue people because you’re lazy and want a handout. There are many like you in this country. Many are not. Chiesa didn’t lose out on a damn thing, yet he wants money. He’s scum.

4 days ago
1/1/01

You are so emotional about this.  I have no idea.  Do you get this way about everything you debate about?  It's difficult to have a rational discussion with someone who has to believe that the person with the opposite view is stupid or senseless.  Is it important for you to believe that I'm a bad person because I disagree with you?

4 days ago
12/24/03
FrontBroRian - 
Samoa - 

If Chiesa wants to prove in court that he lost money, he needs to prove it. You can’t use your random hypothetical scenarios. Like, if someone rear ends my car today I can’t sue for $50m and say it they wouldn’t have done that MAYBE I would have went and purchased a lottery ticket and MAYBE I would have won so they owe me all that money.

Fact is Chiesa has shown a history of one UFC fight per year. He can’t prove he lost out on any fights due to Conor. He’s shown that history of earning one payday from the ufc per year. He doubled that in 2018, despite the Conor incident. He can’t say he lost the opportunity of fighting a well known guy like Pettis. He did fight Pettis. Weeks later, not months.

It’s cool. You guys are the type to sue people because you’re lazy and want a handout. There are many like you in this country. Many are not. Chiesa didn’t lose out on a damn thing, yet he wants money. He’s scum.

lol, don't become a lawyer.
4 days ago
12/24/03
Phil999 - 
FrontBroRian - 
Samoa - 

lol, don't become a lawyer.

And the scum is your boy attacking with chairs. He is just a thug who has a shitload of money and arrogance.
4 days ago
5/8/16

Exactly what i was thinking. I hope conor drags this out so mike has to spend big on lawyers. Then i hope ufc throws in with ferguson or justin gache (spelled wrong) . Then cut him

4 days ago
11/27/13

I have to say I’m coming around to FBR’s way of thinking on this. It seems like the UFC compensated him as it was and anything past that is just milking a situation because of who the assailant was. That said, let that be a lesson to Conor that people will see dollar signs when he does something stupid. He only has himself to blame for this but that doesn’t mean that Chiesa and Borg etc aren’t being opportunistic. 

Edited: 3 days ago
10/9/10
Samoa -

You are so emotional about this.  I have no idea.  Do you get this way about everything you debate about?  It's difficult to have a rational discussion with someone who has to believe that the person with the opposite view is stupid or senseless.  Is it important for you to believe that I'm a bad person because I disagree with you?

Yes, this is how he gets every time there is a debate. He always has to discredit people, and act like he knows all the facts. Then if you disagree you are stupid, or you just want handouts in this case. We have very little information about this case yet here he is acting as if he’s Conor’s lawyer. 

4 days ago
10/9/10
FrontBroRian -
Samoa - 

I wonder how you get through your life making so many assumptions. I wonder if you just assume your bills get paid, then overdraft because you never actually checked your balance. Here’s the thing about your argument: you don’t actually know what you’re talking about. 

You say Chiesa has to prove he lost money, so then what if he can and does prove it in court? As they say “let him have his day in court”. You are missing the fact that we literally know almost nothing about the case or it’s facts. So you’re sitting here complaining about something that you have no details about. It’s uninformed and ignorant. I’m not pretending to know and I’m not criticizing, I’m drawing possible logical conclusions. 

Youre sitting here calling Chiesa “scum” and you don’t know him. You don’t really even know why you’re calling him that, because your reasoning is based on assumptions. Then you criticize other posters saying “people like y’all want handouts”. More assumptions. Accusations like that are indicative of a lack of critical thinking, ignorance, and narrow mindedness. You could just admit that you don’t know and move on, because you have no connection to anyone in the case and will never know the facts. 

I admit that I won’t ever know the facts either and I will end up moving on without losing any sleep over it. But I’m not here pretending like I carry a god-like level of wisdom that all shall bow to like you are. 

3 days ago
5/8/16
Cann - McGregor made him lose that fight purse paycheck (win or loss), because he injured him so he couldn't fight that night, so he should get something. But as far as feelings and shit that's a bit of stretch to get more money. Conor's so rich, but he could easily pay for whatever hes asking for, its reasonable I'm sure, he can afford it.

How did he lose a fight purse?? He got paid his show money.. then 4 weeks later got same fight and his ass whooped. So conor helped him get another payday.. pretty much he got paid his show and win money even though he lost.. I remember him missing weight then saying on the scale he is going to ww.  He was lucky he got 4 extra weeks to make weight and still failed. Funny before that he did a interview talking shit about fighters making weight and not being professional.. guys a loser. Always has excuses,like when he was going out vs kevin lee then acted like he was going to escape. That guy is so unlikable. Tried to act hard and rush lee in pre fight conference and lee pulled his card. I cant wait until his next fight at ww so he will have 3 losses and be gone

3 days ago
5/18/15
Al Cappucino -
FrontBroRian - Chiesa is such a bitch for suing. Everyone wants a hand out these days

You Sir, are correct

Passive Chiesa

3 days ago
7/20/01
MasterofMartialArts - 
Samoa -

Yes, this is how he gets every time there is a debate. He always has to discredit people, and act like he knows all the facts. Then if you disagree you are stupid, or you just want handouts in this case. We have very little information about this case yet here he is acting as if he’s Conor’s fucking lawyer. 

holy piss - this is the dictionary definition of the devoted American Liberal
3 days ago
3/18/02
FrontBroRian -
Stu Cazzo - 
oranos -

Whatever it was - he wasn’t medically cleared to fight because of it.

He’s at least owed his show money imo.  

He fought the exact same opponent, same pay, same bonus opportunities, etc...like 4 weeks later.

He didn’t lose anything.

But I’m sure he and Rose are holed up in their homes due to the trauma and emotional distress, and money would help all that

Time value of money. Money now vs 4 weeks later. It also interrupted his training flow and peak. 

You are are a moron when it comes to this situation. Someone fucks with my lovelihoid like that I would sue as well. 

3 days ago
7/19/13

Samoa making FRB look foolish...lol