UnderGround Forums McGregor wants to box FMJ, Manny, Paulie

Edited: 3 days ago
1/1/01

Conor McGregor sat down recently with Ariel Helwani ahead of his fight Saturday night vs. "Cowboy" Cerrone, and among other things, talked boxing.

“I’d like to rematch Floyd,” said McGregor, as transcribed by Jed Meshew for MMA Fighting. “I think we should rematch Floyd. He’s flirting with [a comeback] and doing all this, he can go and pick someone else, it’s not going to be the same.”

“I done phenomenal [vs. Mayweather]. I done phenomenal in that bout, and the only reason I lost that bout was because I prepared for a back-footed, Philly-shell style of opponent, and when the fight was like that, I was picking him apart. Then, he came forward and started pressing, and I wasn’t sinking into my shots like I am now with my boxing coaches that are drilling specific boxing things into me again.

“I know I’d beat Floyd. I’d beat Floyd if we rematched - when we rematch. He’s not going to do a mixed martial arts bout, like he said. It was supposed to be me boxing then we do a mixed martial arts bout. That was what was said out of his mouth. It was not written but it was verbal agreement. Obviously that’s not going to happen and I’m not going to push him on that either but I would like to box him. I think that would be a good rematch.”

McGregor has said he plans to fight three times in 2020, culiminating in a rematch vs. champ Khabib Nurmagomedov. Could a Mayweather rematch be one of the years three bouts?

“You never know,” said McGregor. “They’re good people to do business with, the Showtime people and Floyd. You never know.”

“But also I would be open to other boxing bouts. Manny [Pacquiao], we were actually close to signing [a bout with] Manny. There’s been talks about a Manny fight as well. There was an offer made on that. Just not yet.”

McGregor said the timing wasn't right to box Pacquiao, and that there's a third figure he wants to box.

And the Paulie [Malignaggi] fight. I’d like to box Paulie as well. I already knocked him out but that’s a bit of buzz as well. Paulie and a boxing bout. I want to box again. I will box again. I will get a boxing world title.

“I would box multiple times. I love boxing and I’m damn good.”

Leonard Ellerbe, Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s financial manager and CEO of Mayweather Productions, offered a response.

3 days ago
5/6/16
Floyd already toyed him,Manny would wrecked him and Paulie would also school him but most likely break his hand.
3 days ago
1/1/12

Waiting for the, "he's got a punchers chance!" delusional fans to show up. 

3 days ago
1/1/01

Floyd would beat Conor 100 out of 100 times. 

3 days ago
8/28/14

Manny would make him retarded. 

3 days ago
10/11/18
Gancho Al Hígado - 

Manny would make him retarded. 

You mean the years of coke and booze haven't already made that way?
3 days ago
1/1/01
tomtomthumb - Floyd already toyed him,Manny would wrecked him and Paulie would also school him but most likely break his hand.

Agree on the first two, don't know enough of Paulie to assess that one. Conor just looking for easy money, but will not get a dime from me!
3 days ago
4/23/16

I think Conor would beat Paulie

3 days ago
7/29/02

jesus, there's not a match there he'd win

3 days ago
1/22/05
If Conor had of gone the route of boxing and had invested all his time and effort into it since training as a teen, he would have been a good domestic or even european level fighter. He has sharp reflexes, heavy hands and long reach for his height.

But he didn't. And even if he did, Floyd and Manny even in their 40's would be too much for him.
3 days ago
8/13/13

Conor loves to be humiliated

3 days ago
5/7/13

Someone running out of money?

3 days ago
5/15/15

Floyd literally didn't even bother during the McGregor fight. Though it still makes more sense than the Khabib rematch Dana is aiming for.

Get the feeling Conor is either desperate for money or ready to retire

3 days ago
12/26/19

I see the delusion is still strong with this guy. I'm guessing he's still on drugs. Floyd played with him like a cat with a toy. 

3 days ago
10/5/19

Lol Conor has the balls to step out of his comfort zone and not just Box, but Box against the greatest the sport has and you guys have nerve to piss and moan. You don't see any top boxers stepping into the Octagon.

3 days ago
1/1/12
Steven Padgett -

Lol Conor has the balls to step out of his comfort zone and not just Box, but Box against the greatest the sport has and you guys have nerve to piss and moan. You don't see any top boxers stepping into the Octagon.

And? Aside from the money this is a Butterbean fight. Just prize fighting now. 

3 days ago
7/8/09

I think he beats Paulie. Floyd carried him and would carry him again to an easy decision. Manny would K.O him pretty easily though. Manny isn't a showman like Floyd

3 days ago
10/3/16

Only Conor haters believe he was carried.

There's a very misrepresented story that Floyd bet on himself - and it was the round the fight ended. He bet on himself but picked a different round.

3 days ago
1/1/01

Couldn't say about Paulie, but the other two would destroy him. I agree with the above poster, he sounds like he's either running out of money or looking for paydays before he retires.

3 days ago
12/4/19

I'm not a Conner hater and I know for a fact just from watching most of Mayweather's fights, he toyed with him.

3 days ago
12/4/19

And Manny would knock McGregor's dick in the dirt. I believe he would make a statement

Edited: 3 days ago
5/8/16
pigpen -

He was winning rounds vs manny

3 days ago
11/20/08

He went from having a vision, to having a dream, to being delusional.

2 days ago
8/20/15
tomtomthumb - Floyd already toyed him,Manny would wrecked him and Paulie would also school him but most likely break his hand.

Idk Paulie couldn't beat Artem lol

2 days ago
8/20/15
Fahqhard -
pigpen -

He was winning rounds vs manny

WhO was lol