UnderGround Forums Miesha Tate interviews Colby Covington

Edited: 9 days ago
12/7/18

Colby needs to study the great promo cutters of WWF history, and note the eb and flows. After Colby hammers his line down, he should pause, to let it sink in with the crowd, and get the reaction, then start feeding off that energy, getting them more riled up. 

7/8/09
salsero -

Colby is great fighter...possibly a decent person... but with  a shitty heel public persona that occludes his class and makes him seem like a fool with a kindergarten mentality.

But Maybe he’s applying his education and knowledge of sociology here...He stands on the shoulders of other giant heels and is making it work for him. In my mind Chael is one of the best...but I never found him unlikeable. Can’t say the same for Colby, as he comes across as a trying too hard, name dropper. He seems unlikeable in the context of his UFC role beyond winning fights. 

The heel persona works because of the negative aspect of the human psyche. It creates a clear line in the sand the people love or love to hate. You have to work extra hard to love the heel...while the heel works extra hard to piss people off.

The white knight was correct in this case ...Meisha commented on Colby’s public persona. Colby talks about her personal shit...and Colby seemed too dense to understand the difference.

Well, Tate was really known as that "woman's MMA fighter with the nice ass" before she fought Ronda. She had a bunch of photoshoots that showed us she had a marvelous turd cutter.

The photo from the shoot below is how a lot of fans found out about her, before they even saw her fight, me included.

If she's allowed to use her sexiness to draw attention to herself, he should be allowed to behave like a douchebag to draw attention to himself. Neither way is classy. 

Also, he put Robbie over by calling a legend and hall of famer (granted it makes himself look good) but what more do we want?

In the end, in the entertainment business, a reaction is better than no reaction. Perhaps if he didn't behave this way, he'd be another guy lost in the shuffle. If people don't like his attitude, they shouldn't bother listening to his interviews.

9 days ago
10/9/10
2breath2feel -

Miesha is literally doing he same thing Colby is doing, being fake but it's way worse because she is only saying that shit because it's her bosses' opinion on fighting and not hers, she is promoting onefc, and she is telling Colby not to be fake while....being fake. At least this is COLBY's gimmick you fucking airhead lol. 

What’s fake about what she said? 

She doesn’t like trash talk. She never has, her entire career. 

9 days ago
12/24/10

You want to talk for a living guess what?- people talk back- toughen up Tate

9 days ago
11/1/03

Have to say Colby tries to emulate Chael buy his act is painfully weak. Seems almost embarrassing at times. Sonnen was much better. Colbys a great fighter though but seems to have little power. He hit Lawler with thousands of punches with little effect. Conors good with the heel act but they all could learn from pro wrasslers. That said mma is real and Colby deserves a title shot. As does Ferg.

9 days ago
10/26/05

Miesha is as fake as fuck in so many ways. Big hypocrite. 

9 days ago
10/9/10

I don’t care what anyone says, Colby looks stupid here. He can’t handle that somebody said they didn’t like his trash talk so he launches a personal attack against Tate DURING an interview that she is conducting. 

This comes AFTER Tate said “that’s my opinion and it’s not personal, I just don’t like your style of trash talk.” Then after she tells him he needs to learn how to respect people’s opinions, he has no other way to argue aside from making more personal, distasteful comments. He obviously doesn’t have the intellectual capacity to understand emotional intelligence, or the concept of logic and reasoning. He can’t think of anything to say, so he just talks louder and more ignorant. 

The male interviewer was all over Colby, nothing that Colby said held any water. Then when the guy brings up the pictures and says her phone was hacked, all dude can come up with is “I came onto this show to give you guys the best ratings you’ll ever have”. C’mon son. 

Colby got OWNED. And people can say whatever they want about the show (which by the way is a show that lots of fighters go on), but it’s a platform. Colby has a style that requires a platform so that he can say dumb shit to promote himself. He will keep burning bridges until he has none left. 

9 days ago
12/7/18
jpm995 -

Have to say Colby tries to emulate Chael buy his act is painfully weak. Seems almost embarrassing at times. Sonnen was much better. Colbys a great fighter though but seems to have little power. He hit Lawler with thousands of punches with little effect. Conors good with the heel act but they all could learn from pro wrasslers. That said mma is real and Colby deserves a title shot. As does Ferg.

Conor is and never was a heel. Conor is a babyface. Nothing Conor has ever done was an "act" either. As Conor would say "Americans call it thrash talk. I call it TRUTH talk." 

9 days ago
12/7/18
MasterofMartialArts -
2breath2feel -

Miesha is literally doing he same thing Colby is doing, being fake but it's way worse because she is only saying that shit because it's her bosses' opinion on fighting and not hers, she is promoting onefc, and she is telling Colby not to be fake while....being fake. At least this is COLBY's gimmick you fucking airhead lol. 

Miesha said she hates thrash talking, yet she was grilling Colby for showing respect to Lawlor. She CONTRADICTED her own stance. Nothing she said made any sense. She was only there to pick a fight and chastise. "Wha I hate that Colby thrash talks"....."wha you showed Lawlor respect, you're fake." Sounds a bit bipolar to me cough cough. Were you the whiteknight at the end Haha?

9 days ago
11/20/08

Colby is trash

9 days ago
7/24/12

I honestly despise Colby but i'm with him after listening to the interview.

Miesha said some shit about Colby that he didn't like and he confronted her. She could've just stuck to her argument but she immediately started to become outraged, offended and dare I say, triggered...

Colby's the same mush mouth douche as always but he came out on top.

9 days ago
10/9/10
ConorWinsTheRematch -
MasterofMartialArts -
2breath2feel -

Miesha said she hates thrash talking, yet she was grilling Colby for showing respect to Lawlor. She CONTRADICTED her own stance. Nothing she said made any sense. She was only there to pick a fight and chastise. "Wha I hate that Colby thrash talks"....."wha you showed Lawlor respect, you're fake." Sounds a bit bipolar to me cough cough. Were you the whiteknight at the end Haha?

I guess you don’t know the difference between trash talk and just sheer opinion.... which aligns perfectly with this new generation that seems to have changed the meaning of everything in the English language. 

By the way, she didn’t tell him he was fake. She said “we are used to seeing you trash talk, get headlines, etc... why the change in tune?” There’s nothing “trash talk” about what she said. It’s a question, and a valid one. 

I don’t know if you know what trash talk is, but it’s not JUST an opinion. It’s talking shit. Examples: 

“I’ll pat your wife on the ass right after she makes my steak medium rare” 

“who the fook is that guy” 

Just saying that you don’t like what somebody does isn’t trash talk. Learn the difference. 

9 days ago
10/9/10
I'mNotSurprisedMotherf**kers -

Miesha said some shit about Colby that he didn't like and he confronted her. She could've just stuck to her argument but she immediately started to become outraged, offended and dare I say, triggered...

Yeah she seemed triggered but to me she defended her point well. 

This is America and everyone has an opinion. Colby obviously can’t handle some people’s opinions about him. 

9 days ago
8/11/15

I just think the shit talk is funny. He has everyone talking about him. If he ever fights Conor, he gets a verbal ass whipping. 

9 days ago
10/26/05
MitchWade - 

I just think the shit talk is funny. He has everyone talking about him. If he ever fights Conor, he gets a verbal ass whipping. 

Conor definitely wins that battle. Would be almost sad to watch Colby try and keep up. But I like Colby's shtick as cringey as it is. It's fun to see all the anger it brings out of people who don't get it. He's not even that good at it and it works. I'm digging it. Maybe I'm just simple minded.
9 days ago
7/24/12
MasterofMartialArts -

This is America and everyone has an opinion. Colby obviously can’t handle some people’s opinions about him. 

She did defend herself very well up until the point where she started to spiral and basically said that she was feeling very triggered.

10/9/10
MasterofMartialArts -

She did defend herself very well up until the point where she started to spiral and basically said that she was feeling very triggered.

I mean, maybe, you have a point. She said she felt “disrespected” but to a certain extent she is also a professional and probably doesn’t want to get into a full-blown argument with a fighter in an interview, considering it’s literally her job to cover the sport. 

Colby doesn’t really have to follow the same rules because trash talk is part of fight culture, so he can say pretty much anything he wants and still have a very successful career. 

I still think she did fine because everything she said was logical, almost everything he said was stupid and irrational. Then the other guy came in and pretty much owned him. 

Obviously Colby did this to draw more attention to himself, and it worked. So ultimately, he wins. 

9 days ago
10/9/10
chupecabre -
MitchWade - 

Conor definitely wins that battle. Would be almost sad to watch Colby try and keep up. But I like Colby's shtick as cringey as it is. It's fun to see all the anger it brings out of people who don't get it. He's not even that good at it and it works. I'm digging it. Maybe I'm just simple minded.

Yeah I mean it works to a certain extent. I wouldn’t say he “angers” me, he just gets annoying after a while. Sort of like a fly in your house that you just can’t seem to get rid of. 

I don’t think you’re simple minded to feel that way, it’s just interesting to see how many people he can get a rise out of. It’s essentially being a real life troll. 

8 days ago
1/1/01
ConorWinsTheRematch - 

Miesha is truly a dumb bitch. But she seemed ok with the back of forth. It was the white knight cuck who was the worst person in all of this. Fuck him. As if Colby cares about some nobody banning him from a 30 viewer podcast lmao

Colby got owned by the white knight.  Colby cared enough about a 30 viewer podcast to book an appearance on the show.  Of course he's going to talk shit when they run it back at him.  

Chael was cringey but witty.  Colby is just cringey.  I thought Miesha could have done with a little less emotion and would have come off better if she just laughed it off.

8 days ago
7/22/05
8 days ago
6/17/16

Colby's oral abuse of Meisha's taint was explosive and relentless.

8 days ago
2/8/12

Lets be honest, that was the worst question to open up a show....  “Hey Colby so what made you say nice things about Robbie?”   lol wtf? 

Edited: 8 days ago
12/4/18
Target_the_Gash -

Colby's oral abuse of Meisha's taint was explosive and relentless.

Lol that was gold my friend 

8 days ago
10/9/10
ConorWinsTheRematch -
digthisbigcrux -

That was weak as fuck. Meisha didn’t say anything disparaging about Colby, but he twisted it so he could attack and continue with the heel shit. She could have wished him happy birthday and he was going to find a way to go after her. “His girl Ronda Rousey” Ha.  He’s no where near as articulate as Chael and can’t improvise off the cuff. Unless he’s got his rap well rehearsed he stumbles. That said, he’s fighting well and his shit is enough to impress most the low IQ fucks who follow this sport now.

Sonnen cant improvise off the cuff either. Sonnen stole 90% of his "material" from others, and 99% of Sonnen's work was scripted. Colby is at least coming up with original hilarious material based on current pop culture. Colby's only issue is public speaking. But once Colby nails that he will be far superior to Sonnen.

It’s not really funny though, it’s just rude/cold hearted. Just because you say something offensive when you trash talk doesn’t mean you’re being funny. Chael was able to pull it off and to be honest, these two shouldn’t even be mentioned in the same conversation. 

Colby is just being an asshole. Being an asshole in MMA isn’t funny unless that person layers it with an actual personality and charisma. Colby has shown us neither one. He’s just being a dick and saying rude shit, and that’s not entertaining to me. 

8 days ago
10/9/10
ducks18 -

Lets be honest, that was the worst question to open up a show....  “Hey Colby so what made you say nice things about Robbie?”   lol wtf? 

Well if you stir up as much shit as Colby does then you better be ready for the hard questions.