UnderGround Forums Miesha Tate interviews Colby Covington

13 days ago
2/8/12

LOL 

Edited: 13 days ago
1/23/06

13 days ago
8/4/07

Colby is reaching here. It's funny he got Miesha up her feels, though. 

13 days ago
2/9/09

Lol. Who is that nerd trying to defend Tate? Colby is kinda right...never heard of that podcast before 

13 days ago
8/22/16

Lol

13 days ago
4/17/13

What a slob 

13 days ago
4/14/19

I love Tate, but this is kinda funny.  

Edited: 13 days ago
11/24/13

Colby couldn't even string together a sentence at the end of the interview. That white knight guy owned him.

Colby is pure trash.

13 days ago
5/11/05

He should have the bushido tattoo cut from his flesh 

13 days ago
1/1/01

Colby is great fighter...possibly a decent person... but with  a shitty heel public persona that occludes his class and makes him seem like a fool with a kindergarten mentality.

But Maybe he’s applying his education and knowledge of sociology here...He stands on the shoulders of other giant heels and is making it work for him. In my mind Chael is one of the best...but I never found him unlikeable. Can’t say the same for Colby, as he comes across as a trying too hard, name dropper. He seems unlikeable in the context of his UFC role beyond winning fights. 

The heel persona works because of the negative aspect of the human psyche. It creates a clear line in the sand the people love or love to hate. You have to work extra hard to love the heel...while the heel works extra hard to piss people off.

The white knight was correct in this case ...Meisha commented on Colby’s public persona. Colby talks about her personal shit...and Colby seemed too dense to understand the difference.

13 days ago
11/29/11

Miesha is literally doing he same thing Colby is doing, being fake but it's way worse because she is only saying that shit because it's her bosses' opinion on fighting and not hers, she is promoting onefc, and she is telling Colby not to be fake while....being fake. At least this is COLBY's gimmick you fucking airhead lol. 

13 days ago
11/9/18
Picochu -

I hope Colby holds the belt for 10 years.

UFC wouldn't survive 2 of them

13 days ago
1/5/11
MM8 -
Picochu -

I hope Colby holds the belt for 10 years.

UFC wouldn't survive 2 of them

They already have a good guy/bad guy character. Conor!

13 days ago
11/28/03

at least he didnt accuse her of looking like a tranny

13 days ago
1/1/01
salsero - 

Colby is great fighter...possibly a decent person... but with  a shitty heel public persona that occludes his class and makes him seem like a fool with a kindergarten mentality.

But Maybe he’s applying his education and knowledge of sociology here...He stands on the shoulders of other giant heels and is making it work for him. In my mind Chael is one of the best...but I never found him unlikeable. Can’t say the same for Colby, as he comes across as a trying too hard, name dropper. He seems unlikeable in the context of his UFC role beyond winning fights. 

The heel persona works because of the negative aspect of the human psyche. It creates a clear line in the sand the people love or love to hate. You have to work extra hard to love the heel...while the heel works extra hard to piss people off.

The white knight was correct in this case ...Meisha commented on Colby’s public persona. Colby talks about her personal shit...and Colby seemed too dense to understand the difference.

Amazing how two people can look at the same things and have vastly different opinions.

IMHO Chael is a "never was" and at no time was he "one of the best". He has for sure been the most unlikable character in all of MMA. Possibly the only fighter that I just can't stand to listen to at all.

Never been impressed by either his fighting ability, nor his abrasive, egotistical, personality.
Oh yeah...he is also a convicted felon.

30-17 record does not make him one of the best. Not nearly.
13 days ago
1/1/01
Dryfly -
salsero - 

Amazing how two people can look at the same things and have vastly different opinions.

IMHO Chael is a "never was" and at no time was he "one of the best". He has for sure been the most unlikable character in all of MMA. Possibly the only fighter that I just can't stand to listen to at all.

Never been impressed by either his fighting ability, nor his abrasive, egotistical, personality.

Amazing how easy it is for  people miss the point of specific written words and react to things never expressed. 

So to clarify: I said Chael was one of the best heels. This is a subjective statement, but I think I can make a good argument for it. His heelish nature got him farther  than his fighting ability alone would have. So the the topic I was specifically discussing was about the heel ...and a comparison of Colby to Chael as “heel fighters. I never said anything about Chael’s fighting record (which speaks for itself) or his personality beyond his heel persona. 

So yeah - not a Chael fan per se, but he played the heel role well. I don’t like trash talk, and I never found myself rooting for him. But I never found him unlikeable for his heelish work.  Colby’s approach to being a heel needs work...he ends up making himself unlikeable IMHO.

13 days ago
7/16/13
Dryfly -
salsero - 

30-17 might not be amazing, but how many guys fight Mayhem, Gono, Babalau, Prangley, and Forrest Griffin within their first 10 pro bouts?

And his heel role has evolved into an avuncular figure. Pretty cool transition imo

13 days ago
7/16/13

I'm proud of chael for being the first 30-17 fighter to remain undisputed, undefeated champion.  

Anderson still sucks

13 days ago
1/1/01
Weird of a grown man to get that worked up over the words of some not so bright ex-female fighter. Dude's emotionally immature.

Did she even say anything THAT bad, just disagrees with his schtick, who cares. Maybe he heard worse, but just settle it on the side if so. She's just doing an interview, no need to make it all awkward.
13 days ago
1/23/06
13 days ago
1/23/06

13 days ago
10/16/06

That was weak as fuck. Meisha didn’t say anything disparaging about Colby, but he twisted it so he could attack and continue with the heel shit. She could have wished him happy birthday and he was going to find a way to go after her. “His girl Ronda Rousey” Ha.  He’s no where near as articulate as Chael and can’t improvise off the cuff. Unless he’s got his rap well rehearsed he stumbles. That said, he’s fighting well and his shit is enough to impress most the low IQ fucks who follow this sport now.

13 days ago
11/1/03

I heard others say this type of stuff about Tate. I don't think theres any innocent bystanders here.

13 days ago
12/7/18

Miesha is truly a dumb bitch. But she seemed ok with the back of forth. It was the white knight cuck who was the worst person in all of this. Fuck him. As if Colby cares about some nobody banning him from a 30 viewer podcast lmao

13 days ago
12/7/18
digthisbigcrux -

That was weak as fuck. Meisha didn’t say anything disparaging about Colby, but he twisted it so he could attack and continue with the heel shit. She could have wished him happy birthday and he was going to find a way to go after her. “His girl Ronda Rousey” Ha.  He’s no where near as articulate as Chael and can’t improvise off the cuff. Unless he’s got his rap well rehearsed he stumbles. That said, he’s fighting well and his shit is enough to impress most the low IQ fucks who follow this sport now.

Sonnen cant improvise off the cuff either. Sonnen stole 90% of his "material" from others, and 99% of Sonnen's work was scripted. Colby is at least coming up with original hilarious material based on current pop culture. Colby's only issue is public speaking. But once Colby nails that he will be far superior to Sonnen.