UnderGround Forums Miesha Tate's tips for fighters sheltered in place

4/4/20 12:01 PM
1/1/01

Former UFC women's bantamweight champion Miesha Tate spoke recently on MMA Junkie Radio with George and Brian Garcia about tips and advice for fighters on how to stay ready in the world of social distancing, her work with ONE Championship, her career, and much more.

“It’s no longer possible for fighters to train, grapple – and that’s a pretty common theme across the world,” said Tate, as transcribed by Danny Segura, George Garcia, and Brian Garcia for MMA Junkie. “My advice would be to take the time to mentally train yourself. I’m a big believer in looking at how you want your career to go in your mind. I call it an act of meditation. It’s something I did a lot when I was a fighter. I would envision fights – winning, obviously. But I would envision everything.

“I would envision getting a takedown and my opponent getting back up and having to work for another takedown. I would envision adversity, and that’s something I really recommend to any fighter. Don’t just envision yourself winning. I mean, focus on that because that’s the goal. But if you mentally prepare yourself to win, and if you get in some trouble, you might not mentally be prepared for that. I think all likelihood the reality is that you might get in some trouble while you’re in a fight. It’s pretty likely, so envision.”

“There’s still a lot you can do to stay in shape inside four walls. There are people who are in jail and prison who stay in excellent shape, so you being quarantined a few weeks should not be an excuse to not stay in shape.

“There are wonderful things like burpees, pushups, situps and different kinds of bodyweight exercises you can do. So take the time to better yourself. You can view this as a negative, and it sucks, and you can cry about it and be upset. Or you can look at it as you have a lot of time to look at ways to better yourself, and there’s benefit from that. So those are my tips for fighters who are at home. There’s still a lot that can be done.”

youtube.com/watch?v=iVDdaZ5AsXQ

4/4/20 2:58 PM
5/28/03

Her real advice:

"Expose yourself for money".

"Take off your clothes and let people pay for the pictures".

4/4/20 7:22 PM
6/14/14

Sorry thought it said her tits, I shall see myself out. 

God speed,

4/6/20 11:23 AM
2/2/15

4/6/20 11:30 AM
1/1/01
tip lol
4/6/20 4:22 PM
1/3/08

Another misread title, see you guys around 

4/6/20 6:39 PM
10/4/18
Well not going to lie, shes helped me out during this current lockdown.
4/6/20 8:44 PM
7/27/04

Rules