UnderGround Forums Mike Pyle Gym stories?

4/24/19 11:30 PM
10/18/11

4/25/19 1:57 AM
1/1/01
WhereIsGoranReljic -

I heard he beats up dudes not on his level in the gym and goes a bit too hard.

Pyle is the man. Highly skilled standing and on the ground. I remember him putting me in a guillotine and almost going to sleep but a last ditch fart got me enough air to breathe. 

Never seen him take advantage of people over the past 5 years I’ve known him. I have seen him beat up sparring partners as he’s preparing for fights, but that’s quite a bit different scenario.

4/25/19 3:26 AM
3/17/11

In his fights he always brought it, the Waldburger fight comes straight to mind...

4/25/19 4:32 AM
5/14/13
frankiscool -
Fahqhard - 
frankiscool -

We saw some "kid" with Randy Couture at the TUF gym back in 2005 when Forrest fought Bonnar (lots of amazing people were there training as well), but we saw this "kid" doing very well...it was Pyle who looked to be like 18, but he was already in his 30s.

That math does not add up.. in 2005 he is already in his 30s. 

uuuhhhhh...yeah, that's right...30s.

Why would I make that up? hahah, but either way, what I posted is correct.

Yeah, Pyle is an old fucker lol.

4/25/19 9:14 AM
2/17/03
Tom Lawlor - 
WhereIsGoranReljic -

Pyle is the man. Highly skilled standing and on the ground. I remember him putting me in a guillotine and almost going to sleep but a last ditch fart got me enough air to breathe. 

Never seen him take advantage of people over the past 5 years I’ve known him. I have seen him beat up sparring partners as he’s preparing for fights, but that’s quite a bit different scenario.

I'm wondering if he's thinking of Mike Kyle?
4/26/19 6:01 AM
2/23/12
wiggum -
Tom Lawlor - 
WhereIsGoranReljic -

Probably, Mike Kyle had a terrible reputation early on and that was based on his conduct in televised fights where he thought no one would notice giant bite marks on Wes sims

4/26/19 6:04 AM
2/23/12

Mike Pyle derailed the John Hathaway hype train hard. Hathaway looked legit too after he beat Diego Sanchez and outwrestled Rick story but Pyle dominated him

4/26/19 9:45 AM
1/1/01
Jored1990 - 

Mike Pyle derailed the John Hathaway hype train hard. Hathaway looked legit too after he beat Diego Sanchez and outwrestled Rick story but Pyle dominated him

From his wiki:

John Hathaway was diagnosed with Crohn's disease some time in 2010.
This has prevented him from fighting since 2014.
4/26/19 12:55 PM
7/15/04
Jored1990 -
wiggum -
Tom Lawlor - 
WhereIsGoranReljic -

Probably, Mike Kyle had a terrible reputation early on and that was based on his conduct in televised fights where he thought no one would notice giant bite marks on Wes sims

Lol

4/26/19 1:48 PM
11/5/13

I thought he was a pretty good actor in Universal soldier.

4/26/19 1:48 PM
11/5/13

4/26/19 2:36 PM
8/20/03
I was told by a guy who has fought in the UFC, (but not vs Pyle) that when he had the chance to train with Pyle that Pyle was a submission machine and really dominated in the gym.

They also said that he was a super nice guy and was careful with all his partners and matched their pace etc.

The final comment was that everyone was puzzled why Pyle was not higher ranked and what the disconnect was that stopped him from dominating during his UFC runs.

I have yet to hear a bad word from anyone about Pyle.
4/26/19 4:20 PM
11/14/16
Tom Lawlor -
WhereIsGoranReljic -

Hi Tom, I miss seeing you in the octagon and seeing you troll the weigh-ins. Absolute shit show seeing how usada fucked you over compared to so many others getting pretty much nothing for the same amount of tainted supplements. It honestly pisses me off worse than anything the ufc has done since I became a fan of the sport. You always gave it everything you had in there Tom, and I’ll always be a fan. Also, wearing absolutely everything the Reebok people gave you at the weigh ins was fantastic. The looks you were getting from the staff was straight up hilarious. War Filthy!!