UnderGround Forums Mike Tyson would have killed Royce ...

2/9/19 1:21 PM
3/26/18

I roll 3 times a week. I’m a blue belt. I get it. Jujitsu man. But I’m watching the Classic Night Of Fights on Tyson. It’s on all day. 

He was a complete animal, the way I threw punche and how fast and how hard. My god. He my GOAT. 

Has Rogan ever addressed this? 

2/9/19 1:23 PM
12/2/11

Yea it wouldn't be close.. Tyson by mauling 

2/9/19 1:28 PM
3/26/18

Boxing is my my alltime favourite combat sport. I can watch it all day everyday. even the shitty fights. if this man was staring across from Royce he would have died that night.
2/9/19 1:29 PM
11/28/03

think he could ko royce with 1 shot as royce shoots in from out of striking range?

2/9/19 1:31 PM
12/23/02
Robbie Weirdicht -

I roll 3 times a week. I’m a blue belt. I get it. Jujitsu man. But I’m watching the Classic Night Of Fights on Tyson. It’s on all day. 

He was a complete animal, the way I threw punche and how fast and how hard. My god. He my GOAT. 

Hi Mike how you been? No fucking way bro. You would have tapped faster than glamcock

2/9/19 1:33 PM
11/8/16

Who the fuck cares if Rogan has addressed this? As if he's some authority on combat sports.

But yea, Tyson would have done very violent things to Gracie. 

2/9/19 1:38 PM
1/7/06

what about don Frye? mark Coleman?

2/9/19 1:44 PM
1/7/06

I'm not so sure he wouldve beat Royce having never seen takedowns before.  who knows though, he clearly has the power to ko anyone if he lands.  Royce took down guys like shamrock who have better tdd than tyson presumably would, right?

2/9/19 1:49 PM
2/9/09

Rickson would have killed Mike though 

Edited: 2/9/19 1:53 PM
3/26/18
icecap -

Who the fuck cares if Rogan has addressed this? As if he's some authority on combat sports.

But yea, Tyson would have done very violent things to Gracie. 

Absolutely he is fuckface. Machado back belt : Bravo Blackbelt : has been following and calling the biggest combat sports cards for 20 years. 

Who he fuck else might give there take on this MMA match up??

2/9/19 1:54 PM
7/2/15

Tyson kills him in any scenario besides Royce on top of him.. then it’s over 

2/9/19 2:16 PM
11/24/13

That's not a matchup that would have happened. The Gracie family would have put Rickson in and choked the shit out of Mike.

2/9/19 2:23 PM
5/13/11

I could of won ufc 1 - 15 they were not high level fighters

2/9/19 2:23 PM
1/1/01

People today underestimate how clueless everyone was to grappling. You automatically assume Tyson would sprawl etc because we see it in every mma fight today. Royce would have taken him down, and submitted him with ease. Mike Tyson would not be Mike Tyson in the UFC. Especially at that day and age when no one had a clue what to even expect except for the Brazilians. Even in gyms you see a difference. Newbies know what you are trying to do to them but they can’t stop it. In the 90s they didn’t even have a clue at what you were attempting. 

2/9/19 2:34 PM
5/13/11

Royce with 6 months of boxing traning could beat tyson at boxing

2/9/19 2:42 PM
11/21/05

I do believe tyson would have ruined Royce's life.

2/9/19 2:50 PM
11/8/09

You don’t think Rickson would’ve represented the Gracies if Tyson had entered the tournament?  

Edited: 2/9/19 2:54 PM
5/16/16
Robbie Weirdicht -

You obviously don't understand how clueless a pure striker is to any form of takedown. Once Royce closed the distance and got his hands on Tyson It would be good night. This is Grappling 101 as a blue belt in bjj you should understand that. Even Ken Shamrock would of beat Tyson that night. 

2/9/19 2:56 PM
2/2/15
keiths -

People today underestimate how clueless everyone was to grappling. You automatically assume Tyson would sprawl etc because we see it in every mma fight today. Royce would have taken him down, and submitted him with ease. Mike Tyson would not be Mike Tyson in the UFC. Especially at that day and age when no one had a clue what to even expect except for the Brazilians. Even in gyms you see a difference. Newbies know what you are trying to do to them but they can’t stop it. In the 90s they didn’t even have a clue at what you were attempting. 

You can't downplay Tyson's speed, strength and aggression. He had been in lots of street fights and could very well be one of those guys with a level of natural wrestling ability. Royce was slow, and relatively speaking, weak. I could definitely see Tyson studding Royce's face with a brutal uppercut on the slow shot. Never know, but I definitely would not discount the speed and reaction time of Tyson against a slow fighter like Royce.

2/9/19 2:59 PM
3/21/12
Royce has much much slower feet than Mike. And Mike's height and build would play to his advantage trying to defend a takedown.
2/9/19 3:13 PM
11/9/17
People forget just how clueless the world was BEFORE the UFC landed. Art Jimmerson was NOT some bum. Great Boxer but he wasn't in a Boxing fight that night and quickly found that out "Whoa, wtf is this?"
Edited: 2/9/19 3:23 PM
2/28/14

Would Tyson have destroyed Royce? Yeah, probably. I don't care if he didn't know anything about grappling. He knew about distance and timing, and he was so much faster than him, I honestly see him landing an uppercut before Royce even gets done thinking about shooting for a takedown. The levels of athleticism were jarringly different.

Rickson? Probably would win. 10+ Years of fight experience before that, yeah, he might've been able to do it. And not a softbody skinnyfat like Royce.

2/9/19 3:25 PM
7/16/15
PelosiesPanties - People forget just how clueless the world was BEFORE the UFC landed. Art Jimmerson was NOT some bum. Great Boxer but he wasn't in a Boxing fight that night and quickly found that out "Whoa, wtf is this?"

Art Jimmerson was a great boxer? 

Have you ever even watched boxing? Not trying to be a dick but he was never even remotely world class and nobody knew/knows who he was other than being in UFC 1

2/9/19 3:48 PM
6/20/08
keiths -

Totally this.  Very surprised people are picking Mike here.  Gracie would have had his way with him.  I'd almost call a DQ since likely Mike would have bit or eye gouged once he knew he was gonna lose.  

2/9/19 3:54 PM
6/20/08
Bilge Water -
keiths -

You can't downplay Tyson's speed, strength and aggression. He had been in lots of street fights and could very well be one of those guys with a level of natural wrestling ability. Royce was slow, and relatively speaking, weak. I could definitely see Tyson studding Royce's face with a brutal uppercut on the slow shot. Never know, but I definitely would not discount the speed and reaction time of Tyson against a slow fighter like Royce.

Bjj strength and huge muscle dudes are two totally different things.