UnderGround Forums Minotauro vs Brock Lesnar

11/26/20 2:20 PM
8/20/08

How would this fight have turned out? Just for reference, Minotauro vs a nephyte Sapp:

11/26/20 2:34 PM
9/20/19

Minotaur would stab him with its horns. 

11/26/20 3:00 PM
8/19/03

Minotauro had a lot of tools.  His boxing improved significantly and obviously, his subs off his back were dangerous.  He was a long, lanky guy.

Brock would most likely have gotten the takedown, but I'm not sure he'd have the tools to actually finish Nogueira with anything, especially in a ring. 

For being such a huge dude, Lesnar wasn't overly damaging with his ground strikes, except against Mir, who, for some idiotic reason, felt compelled to sit in half guard and eat hammer fists. 

Nog would have been an extremely bad match up for Brock. 

11/26/20 3:44 PM
1/1/01
Mino was my guy. I woulda been worried for the first 3 mins then the triangle would have come in.
11/26/20 4:51 PM
5/11/08

In his Prime no doubt in my mind Nogueira subs him. In his later years I would lean Brock for sure. Was fortunate to see both fighters compete up close in their day.

11/26/20 5:01 PM
2/9/09
tj tapper - Mino was my guy. I woulda been worried for the first 3 mins then the triangle would have come in.

Can't triangle that guy

11/26/20 5:13 PM
1/2/20

Too bad this 1 never happened. Wouldve looked similar to nogs fight with sapp imo with lesnar manhandlnig him for much of the fight until nog catches him with a sub. or coulda looked like the 2nd lesnar/mir fight too.

11/26/20 5:19 PM
1/1/01

I am a huge  minotauro fan but a prime VS prime fight can go either way. Lesnar is 5x the fighter and athlete that Sapp was and Mino struggled against him. 

11/26/20 6:35 PM
5/11/08
Tim Duncan -

I am a huge  minotauro fan but a prime VS prime fight can go either way. Lesnar is 5x the fighter and athlete that Sapp was and Mino struggled against him. 

5x the athlete is a stretch. Don't underestimate how much of a beast fully juiced Sapp was in the beginning. Not only did he have probably 75lbs of muscle at least on Lesnar, but Sapp actually played in the NFL before getting suspended from the Vikings for steroids and leaving. Brock only made the same Vikings team practice squad and was far away from being athletic enough to make it in the actual in game NFL by some peoples opinion. So 5x the athlete in this regard is a huge stretch.

11/26/20 6:45 PM
5/9/06
Bend The Knee -
tj tapper - Mino was my guy. I woulda been worried for the first 3 mins then the triangle would have come in.

Can't triangle that guy

If applied correctly, no can defend. 

especially when squeezing those giant shoulders into his carotid arteries. 

11/26/20 7:08 PM
3/15/19

I think we saw this with Lesnar vs Mir 1&2. Lesnar either gets caught - or he nearly kills the guy with GNP. Nog didn’t mind taking a beating to setup subs. Brock would have obliged. 

11/26/20 8:45 PM
1/26/08

Brock would determine where the fight took place, ground or standing. IMO, Brock would have done what he did against Mir the 2nd time. Shot for takedown and only stayed on ground if he landed in side control. If he lands in guard, just stand right back up as the takedowns would be easy. 

11/26/20 9:02 PM
1/1/01
MMApurist -
Tim Duncan -

5x the athlete is a stretch. Don't underestimate how much of a beast fully juiced Sapp was in the beginning. Not only did he have probably 75lbs of muscle at least on Lesnar, but Sapp actually played in the NFL before getting suspended from the Vikings for steroids and leaving. Brock only made the same Vikings team practice squad and was far away from being athletic enough to make it in the actual in game NFL by some peoples opinion. So 5x the athlete in this regard is a huge stretch.

I was exaggerating but Lesnar was a much more formidable fighter than Sapp ever was.  I think Lesnar could KO Sapp if he wanted to

11/26/20 9:20 PM
11/2/12
Tim Duncan -
MMApurist -
Tim Duncan -

I was exaggerating but Lesnar was a much more formidable fighter than Sapp ever was.  I think Lesnar could KO Sapp if he wanted to

Sapp Ko’d Ernesto Hoost , he was a beast for a period . Very scary dude 

11/26/20 9:34 PM
11/2/09

That was one of the BEST Nog fights ever. After that piledriver daym :D

11/26/20 9:40 PM
5/11/08
Chadsaw -
Tim Duncan -
MMApurist -
Tim Duncan -

Yeah good point people greatly underestimate early Sapp before CroCop broke his face and stole his heart and he stopped the overjuicing showing up only for paychecks. Tko'd Hoost twice in K-1 when he was a monster and pushed Nogueira to the limit in MMA when he was a monster as well.

Both the Lesnar fights I went to I actually expected more from him and when Cain put it on him his heart was a baby heart compared to Prime Nogueira. He turned his back and ran. Still Prime 2002 Nogueira vs Prime 2009 Lesnar would be interesting. Will take the safe route and say early career and Prime Nog subs him reminiscent of the Mir fight and late career Nog has too many miles and likely gets overwhelmed by him.

11/26/20 10:03 PM
1/1/01
Chadsaw -
Tim Duncan -
MMApurist -
Tim Duncan -

I know,  it was all downhill from there.

11/27/20 3:08 AM
2/27/08

He said in an interview that he would like to play with Brock in his guard, or something like that. I don't buy it .

11/27/20 7:28 AM
1/24/16
Bend The Knee -

Can't triangle that guy

Or armbar for that matter. Mir got that Hail Mary leg lock.

They had these stories about Brog tapping everyone. I'd favor Prime Brock over Prime Nogueria

11/27/20 7:43 AM
5/31/07

Prime vs Prime Mino finds a way to get the sub, but takes gnarly damage getting there.  

11/27/20 8:40 AM
8/19/03

People sleep on the Bob Sapp of that day.  I don't honestly think anyone, including Lesnar, could have unleashed a more brutal ground and pound assault than Sapp did that day on Nogueira.  It was an absolute assault.  I just never really saw that from Brock. 

11/27/20 8:40 AM
2/16/09
prolly similar to mir vs brock
11/27/20 11:01 AM
11/20/08

The scary thing about Lesnar was that he was so explosive at that size. Huge and very quick. Minotauro was slower and more plodding. I think Lesnar that fought Mir in their second fight could take him.

11/27/20 11:27 AM
5/10/04

Both at their best..

Nog by sub.
11/27/20 11:38 AM
5/10/04
Tim Duncan - 
MMApurist -
Tim Duncan -

Neither Brock or Sapp reacted well when getting hit.

But Sapp KOd Ernesto Hoost, one of the greatest kickboxers ever.

Who has Lesnar KOd on that level?

I agree Lesner is a better fighter than Sapp.
He has a solid wrestling pedigree, and a much better MMA resume.

But the Sapp that fought Nog and Hoost was no joke. He was physically very dangerous and just a giant of a man.
Things just don't play out like they normally would when you are fighting a guy that big -- especially grappling positions.

If peak Sapp fought Peak Lesnar -- Brock would rightfully be favored -- but absolutley anything could happen in a given exchange.