UnderGround Forums Muay Thai/Kickboxing thread

6/30/18 5:26 AM
11/2/09
Heikki Mustola -

Same here actually :D I remember having a blue account long time ago, got gifted it once and bought it later on. I hadn't been here in years, but came back very recently! Thought I couldn't post links either, but somebody told me how to do it these days so just wanted to pay it forward :) Its very easy to embed and its cool that it works for gfycat as well!

Gonna post more fights and highlights soon, but dont want to spam too much

Post more HL:s those what you posted were amazing. I was trying to remember those old legends but Samkor and Jomhod are only ones I remember. Jomhod was absolute killer too and representing Finland even more awesome.

6/30/18 5:29 AM
11/2/09
Heikki Mustola -

Shamaless self advertising here. But man, I miss K-1 Max golden days, so, so much. Days of Masato, Buakaw, Souwer, Kyshenko, Sato, Zambidis, Drago, Yamamoto etc. Awesome matches back then. I have some cool gifs too which I can upload but not sure if the embed here supports gfycat

Buakaw was easily the most WOW fighter I have ever seen in MT. K-1 was it 2004 omg he just ran through everyone. And rules changed too because his awesome knees and clinch. 

6/30/18 7:13 AM
5/13/10
morse -
Heikki Mustola -

Same here actually :D I remember having a blue account long time ago, got gifted it once and bought it later on. I hadn't been here in years, but came back very recently! Thought I couldn't post links either, but somebody told me how to do it these days so just wanted to pay it forward :) Its very easy to embed and its cool that it works for gfycat as well!

Post more HL:s those what you posted were amazing. I was trying to remember those old legends but Samkor and Jomhod are only ones I remember. Jomhod was absolute killer too and representing Finland even more awesome.

Sure man, here are some highlights :D How did you know about him representing Finland? He lived in Finland too, wish I could have went to his training seminars here. Gonna go back to MMA training soon, havent trained at all for 4 years but finally got the spark back (and moved back to Finland so easy to start training again). Hopefully can try have a kickboxing bout someday too

I dont know as much about Muay Thai as I know about MMA, boxing and kickboxing, but here are some highlights of the great fighters

Also, its really cool to see OneFC work with Sam-A these days

6/30/18 10:00 AM
11/2/09
Heikki Mustola -
morse -
Heikki Mustola -

Sure man, here are some highlights :D How did you know about him representing Finland? He lived in Finland too, wish I could have went to his training seminars here. Gonna go back to MMA training soon, havent trained at all for 4 years but finally got the spark back (and moved back to Finland so easy to start training again). Hopefully can try have a kickboxing bout someday too

I dont know as much about Muay Thai as I know about MMA, boxing and kickboxing, but here are some highlights of the great fighters

I am from Finland too. Vantaa/Korso. I think Jomhod was head instructor or something back in the day. King of the ring was the gym if I remember it right. I have been massive MT fan for a long time.

Guys like Samkor, Sakmonghol, Jomhod and of course Samart damn I can watch those HL:s forever. Different time. There was another dude too who was really hard puncher but of course I do not even remember his name ehh... 

6/30/18 10:03 AM
11/2/09

Sakmonghol

6/30/18 10:06 AM
11/2/09

6/30/18 10:10 AM
11/2/09

6/30/18 10:12 AM
10/24/03

I love the golden era, it was more style vs style - the clinch monster vs the elbow guy, knee fighter vs trickster, etc. Now everyone in general is similar with the exception of a few fighters of course 

6/30/18 10:13 AM
11/2/09

6/30/18 10:20 AM
11/2/09

6/30/18 11:39 AM
11/2/09

6/30/18 12:16 PM
11/2/09

6/30/18 12:18 PM
1/1/01
sub
6/30/18 12:35 PM
11/2/09
The Sauce -

I love the golden era, it was more style vs style - the clinch monster vs the elbow guy, knee fighter vs trickster, etc. Now everyone in general is similar with the exception of a few fighters of course 

Me too. Different time sometimes it almost hurts to watch those guys that bone crushing kill or be killed mentality fuuk. Massive respect for those legends. MT is and will always be my favourite martial art there is just some kind of mystique and everything. I fucking love it :)

6/30/18 1:15 PM
11/2/09

6/30/18 5:53 PM
7/27/11

Keep em coming boys. In the meantime, real recognize real. From one generation, to the next.

6/30/18 6:27 PM
7/30/03

This thread needs a Remy Bonjasky highlight.

7/1/18 1:01 PM
5/13/10
morse -
Heikki Mustola -
morse -
Heikki Mustola -

I am from Finland too. Vantaa/Korso. I think Jomhod was head instructor or something back in the day. King of the ring was the gym if I remember it right. I have been massive MT fan for a long time.

Guys like Samkor, Sakmonghol, Jomhod and of course Samart damn I can watch those HL:s forever. Different time. There was another dude too who was really hard puncher but of course I do not even remember his name ehh... 

Well that explains a lot! :D And damn, would have been great training with him like that when he used to be an head instructor

One guy that I know mostly by name, but with footage is Dieselnoi, man had monsterous knees, scary guy with those knee attacks. Guy didn't fight for 2 years since at one point they couldn't find an opponent to face him

Also for the man asking for the flying gentleman... here is Bonjasky

7/1/18 1:22 PM
7/20/01

yea dieselnoi was scary - I always thought he never lost but sagat went 2-3 against him   D:

7/1/18 1:41 PM
7/20/01
turns out Dieselnoi is not in the greatest of health these days, and has a gofundme available with some more info. The last update is 10 months ago, but it was positive!

https://www.gofundme.com/help-muay-thai-legend-dieselnoi
7/1/18 5:21 PM
1/1/01

sub

7/2/18 8:49 AM
2/25/10
morse -
Heikki Mustola -
morse -
Heikki Mustola -

Coban?

7/2/18 9:04 AM
7/27/11

Cobans gym has become somewhat of a joke unfortunately...

7/2/18 10:27 PM
5/13/10

Dieselnoi was very scary with those knees, no wonder that at some point there was couple of years when he coulnd't find a fight. Shame about his health :( Always saddens to see aging fighters getting worse with health

And him losing to Sagat, I am not that familiar with Muay Thai to be honest, but isn't Sagat one of the legends too? I had that kind of thought in my mind

Anyway, got couple of kickboxing gifs here, from Artur Kyshenko, looking to do a highlight video of him someday so I have been collecting some more footage of him

7/2/18 11:24 PM
10/24/03

Kyshenko has taken ALL the steroids as of late, huh?