UnderGround Forums Muay Thai/Kickboxing thread

7/14/18 12:38 PM
5/13/10

^That reminds me, has anyone here ever been in Glory kickboxing's live shows? Or any kickboxing live shows? I live in a unfortunate place in terms of combat sport events, no big events here, but been thinking that I could go to some kickboxing event someday when they have them in europe. I think it was the very first GLORY event which was in Stockholm which is very close to me. Some shows have been in Italy and Netherlands too and Netherlands probably has lots of kickboxing shows going on anyway

Oh and it seems like next Glory event will be next week, in New York. Main event is Pereira vs Belgaroui, Pereira actually beat Israel Adesanya twice, once by dec, once by KO and he is 1-1 against Belgaroui. Tiffany Van Soest seems to be on the card as well :) 

Anyway, might as well throw few gifs here too. Here is the doctor, Giorgio Petrosyan

7/16/18 7:23 AM
5/13/10

7/19/18 12:08 PM
5/13/10

HIROYA gifs.

Man I have been getting an itch to train lately. MMA, kickboxing, boxing, no-gi submission wrestling... Just something. Will start (/continue?) training in September after 4 year hiatus, I am in horrible shape but will be fun to get back. Hoping to have some amateur bouts in kickboxing and boxing some day

7/23/18 2:40 PM
7/27/11

Anybody see the glory card?

7/23/18 7:47 PM
1/1/01

One of my students last fight on Max this past Sunday

7/24/18 12:06 AM
8/16/12

My old coach returned to full muay thai after nearly 15 years. 

7/24/18 7:50 AM
8/15/13

I've been following his time in Thailand , he's been killing it !

7/25/18 11:49 AM
5/13/10

Anyone here like to watch Lion Fight events? its Muay Thai in US. I have watched maybe 10 events, been enjoying them

7/25/18 12:12 PM
7/27/11
Uhtred Ragnarson -

Anybody?

7/25/18 12:29 PM
5/14/08
Heikki Mustola - 

Anyone here like to watch Lion Fight events? its Muay Thai in US. I have watched maybe 10 events, been enjoying them

I really enjoy them as well. They lost some of their big name fighters though. I think due to not paying them on time. Nattawut and Van Soest both left.
7/25/18 12:31 PM
5/14/08
Uhtred Ragnarson - 
Uhtred Ragnarson -

Anybody?

I didnt. Any good?

They are on fightpass now right? I dont have a subscription unfortunately. I tried the free month and didnt watch it enough so I didnt sign up.
7/25/18 1:06 PM
5/13/10
Uhtred Ragnarson -
Uhtred Ragnarson -

Anybody?

I watched but only some of it, had to do a lot of stuff during that time and was checking the stream every now and then but I missed a lot. Saw the co-main event fully though but after that, I had to do something, then wanted to check the main event but it was already over

7/25/18 1:07 PM
5/13/10
Submissable -
Heikki Mustola - 

I really enjoy them as well. They lost some of their big name fighters though. I think due to not paying them on time. Nattawut and Van Soest both left.

Yeah I think Glory just snatched Van Soest. I like watching her fights though, good stuff. Would be fun if Lion Fight would bring back Tetsuya Yamato, I really like the guy and his matches in both Muay Thai and kickboxing. He had 2 fights in Lion Fight, both wins, both against Kevin Ross. First fight was a real fun fight, Yamato cut him with some sharp elbows. Second fight Yamato finished him with elbows

7/26/18 10:50 AM
10/24/03
Heikki Mustola -
Submissable -
Heikki Mustola - 

Yeah I think Glory just snatched Van Soest. I like watching her fights though, good stuff. Would be fun if Lion Fight would bring back Tetsuya Yamato, I really like the guy and his matches in both Muay Thai and kickboxing. He had 2 fights in Lion Fight, both wins, both against Kevin Ross. First fight was a real fun fight, Yamato cut him with some sharp elbows. Second fight Yamato finished him with elbows

I hear lion fights having trouble paying the bills unfortunately..... 

7/30/18 2:53 PM
5/13/10
The Sauce -
Heikki Mustola -
Submissable -
Heikki Mustola - 

I hear lion fights having trouble paying the bills unfortunately..... 

Ah that sucks :/ Hopefully things will get better. Its always a bad look for orgs if they fail to pay in time

Edited: 7/30/18 3:11 PM
2/25/10

I was the supposed to be the co main event Saturday. Made weight showed up and my fight was canceled the day of at 1pm. My opponents medicals was not in place. 

7/30/18 3:57 PM
8/15/13

Lionfight is dying a slow death . They lost most of their top talent and they just seem to be adding mediocre local fighters to the cards now  . The production of the Stream on Flocombat was laughable , I even had Christmas music playing while the commentators were talking lol .

7/30/18 4:19 PM
2/25/10

Nothing to donwith Lion Fight my opponent was the one who dropped the ball. I thought  him coming from Xtreme Couture and trained by Ray Sefo that they would have had there shit in order. As for the stream I told them I was never a fan of it but also they are close to finishing a tv deal and will be back on a bigger provider. 

7/30/18 4:31 PM
8/15/13
bretxthreat -

Nothing to donwith Lion Fight my opponent was the one who dropped the ball. I thought  him coming from Xtreme Couture and trained by Ray Sefo that they would have had there shit in order. As for the stream I told them I was never a fan of it but also they are close to finishing a tv deal and will be back on a bigger provider. 

I enjoy your fights Brett but some of Lionfight matchup lately have been questionable at best . . 

Edited: 7/30/18 4:38 PM
2/25/10
dtom417 -
bretxthreat -

I enjoy your fights Brett but some of Lionfight matchup lately have been questionable at best . . 

I feel you man I think it’s super tough right now to make the big fights. Ross and Varga with Bellator and the others are in Glory or in China getting paid. And like I said I do not like the stream. They do have some bigger guys still coming over in the future. They are heading to the west cost before the end of the year also. Also thanks glad you like the fights that’s what I love to hear. 

7/31/18 3:32 AM
1/1/01
bretxthreat -
dtom417 -
bretxthreat -

I feel you man I think it’s super tough right now to make the big fights. Ross and Varga with Bellator and the others are in Glory or in China getting paid. And like I said I do not like the stream. They do have some bigger guys still coming over in the future. They are heading to the west cost before the end of the year also. Also thanks glad you like the fights that’s what I love to hear. 

Man, that’s a bummer about your fight.  Do you have any idea why Chris Mauceri and Crystal didn’t fight on the France show?

7/31/18 3:31 PM
2/25/10
Bryan72 -
bretxthreat -
dtom417 -
bretxthreat -

Man, that’s a bummer about your fight.  Do you have any idea why Chris Mauceri and Crystal didn’t fight on the France show?

I think Chris got sick I’m not 100 percent sure. Don’t know about Crystal either. This last Lion Fight card had such bad luck. I think 4 or 5 fights were called last min. 

8/6/18 9:00 AM
5/13/10

Hopefully they will have better luck next time. Always a possibility in combat sports that injuries, illnesses, cancellations and such happens :/ I dont know how is it in the pro scene, but at least here in northern europe's amateur scene, fight cancellations are bit too common..

8/6/18 5:20 PM
6/5/12

Like the mr perfect vid and going to watch the Peter Aerts soon

Edited: 8/19/18 8:41 AM
5/13/10

Absolutely brutal knockout by Peter Aerts, especially the sound it makes (not included in the gif)