UnderGround Forums Muay Thai/Kickboxing thread

2/17/19 12:19 PM
5/13/10
cuttooth -

who saw the Thai army writing a letter to promoters (Glory) that they were overrulling Sitthichai and Petch's contracts so they could fight in that tournament? wild shit

What the hell? Does anyone have more info on this?

2/17/19 12:39 PM
7/7/12
Heikki Mustola -
cuttooth -

who saw the Thai army writing a letter to promoters (Glory) that they were overrulling Sitthichai and Petch's contracts so they could fight in that tournament? wild shit

http://kakutougi.proboards.com/post/25244

2/17/19 2:27 PM
5/13/10
cuttooth -
Heikki Mustola -
cuttooth -

http://kakutougi.proboards.com/post/25244

Damn! Never heard of the army getting involved like that in combat sports before. But big fan of both, especially Petpanomrung who is probably my favorite active muay thai fighter & kickboxer right now

2/17/19 9:23 PM
1/1/01

The army runs Lumpinee

3/8/19 12:42 AM
5/14/08

3/14/19 12:16 AM
1/1/01

some highlights from the manson gibson vs kiatsongrit bout in 98'. This was on tigermask's shooto shoot the shooter show. Gibson was so wild he was almost impossible to prepare for.

3/15/19 4:33 AM
1/1/01

One of my students.  Got off to a bit of a slow start, but started finding a better rhythm and came in strong late.

3/15/19 8:20 AM
10/24/03
Bryan72 -

One of my students.  Got off to a bit of a slow start, but started finding a better rhythm and came in strong late.

Great fight and great showing! Well done Janet and to you Bryan! I am a fan of yours as a Muay Thai coach and really like what you do!! 

3/15/19 10:34 AM
1/1/01
The Sauce -
Bryan72 -

Great fight and great showing! Well done Janet and to you Bryan! I am a fan of yours as a Muay Thai coach and really like what you do!! 

Thank you, greatly appreciate it!

5/4/19 2:08 PM
5/13/10

Some Manachai gifs and videos, one of my favorite Muay Thai fighters these days, probably only behind to Petpanomrung (who mostly does kickboxing these days though)

Also wanted to ask you guys for your favorite fighters in Muay Thai or Kickboxing

5/4/19 8:04 PM
7/27/11
Heikki Mustola -

Some Manachai gifs and videos, one of my favorite Muay Thai fighters these days, probably only behind to Petpanomrung (who mostly does kickboxing these days though)

Also wanted to ask you guys for your favorite fighters in Muay Thai or Kickboxing

I’ve been on a Buakaw kick as of late, I’m fascinated by his style. Love watching him fight, even now, just simply the best.

5/4/19 8:24 PM
7/27/04

You guys watched sam-a lose in onefc?

5/5/19 2:12 AM
5/14/08

Heikki, I imagine you saw Manachai’s fight the other night? Love watching him as well. Rafi is a bad MFer though. Tough loss. 

5/5/19 2:21 AM
5/14/08

5/5/19 2:26 AM
5/14/08
EKPOGI -

Yeah another tough loss like Manachai.  But I think Sam-A is kinda old in Muay Thai years. Haggerty is fun to watch. 

5/13/19 5:04 AM
1/1/01
Submissable -
EKPOGI -

Yeah another tough loss like Manachai.  But I think Sam-A is kinda old in Muay Thai years. Haggerty is fun to watch. 

Looks like Haggerty vs Rodtang will happen.  Some interesting fights last week on One in BKK.  Rodtangs kicks were loud as hell, Petchdam vs Mahmoudi was crazy til the unfortunate ending, hopefully they'll rematch.  And, happy that Janet got a win, and another fight for her real soon.

5/13/19 6:46 AM
7/7/12
Bryan72 -
Submissable -
EKPOGI -

Looks like Haggerty vs Rodtang will happen.  Some interesting fights last week on One in BKK.  Rodtangs kicks were loud as hell, Petchdam vs Mahmoudi was crazy til the unfortunate ending, hopefully they'll rematch.  And, happy that Janet got a win, and another fight for her real soon.

they have a grand prix starting soon. Petrosyan and Yodsanklai are involved, Andy Souwer just pulled out. looked interesting.

5/13/19 8:00 AM
10/24/03
Bryan72 -
Submissable -
EKPOGI -

Congrats on the win coach! I'd love to see Pethdam vs Elias rematch but under Thai Boxing rules this time. 

5/13/19 3:34 PM
1/1/01
The Sauce -
Bryan72 -
Submissable -
EKPOGI -

Congrats on the win coach! I'd love to see Pethdam vs Elias rematch but under Thai Boxing rules this time. 

Thanks!  And yeah, I agree, MT rules would be interesting.  

5/14/19 12:01 AM
10/24/03
Bryan72 -
The Sauce -
Bryan72 -
Submissable -
EKPOGI -

Do you have any idea why it wasn't? 

5/14/19 12:40 AM
1/1/01
The Sauce -
Bryan72 -
The Sauce -
Bryan72 -
Submissable -
EKPOGI -

Do you have any idea why it wasn't? 

No.  I think most of Petchdam's fights with one have been kickboxing.  

Edited: 9/25/19 8:58 PM
5/14/08

Uhtred, I couldn't find your thread specifically asking about a bladed stance in MT but here's another great fighter who used it. A new video from Lawrence Kenshin on Somrak Khamsing.

9/26/19 3:54 AM
1/1/01

9/26/19 3:56 AM
1/1/01

some good MT and KB fights coming up on One:Century
9/28/19 12:21 AM
5/14/08
Bryan72 - 

Janet Todd is your fighter, right? She's a bad MFer. Looking forward to this card