UnderGround Forums Muay Thai/Kickboxing thread

9/28/19 12:52 AM
1/1/01
Submissable -
Bryan72 - 

Janet Todd is your fighter, right? She's a bad MFer. Looking forward to this card

Haha, yes, and yes.

10/14/19 2:54 PM
5/14/08
Bryan72 - 
Submissable -
Bryan72 - 

Janet Todd is your fighter, right? She's a bad MFer. Looking forward to this card

Haha, yes, and yes.

Congrats to Janet on a great win!

https://www.onefc.com/videos/janet-todd-knocks-out-ekaterina-vandaryeva-with-devastating-head-kick/

10/15/19 1:58 AM
1/1/01

thank you!
10/25/19 12:40 AM
5/13/10

Remy Bonjasky's kicking game was straight up legendary

https://gfycat.com/ignorantgloriousclingfish

Made a little highlight video of him just now if anyone is interested

11/2/19 8:06 PM
5/13/10

I strongly recommend watching Yoshiki Takei guys. What a little tornado. Ridiculously fun and skilled

11/2/19 8:24 PM
7/27/04
Heikki Mustola -

I strongly recommend watching Yoshiki Takei guys. What a little tornado. Ridiculously fun and skilled

Post/link a video

11/3/19 8:03 PM
5/13/10
EKPOGI -
Heikki Mustola -

Post/link a video

Sure, my bad, had been awake for a long, long time yesterday and wrote it in a hurry. Check out these fights if you wish/have time. Guy has some absolutely great finishes and fights

11/8/19 2:03 AM
5/13/10

Some Dzhabar Askerov gifs

https://gfycat.com/breakableremotecranefly

https://gfycat.com/brightpositivefruitbat

https://gfycat.com/temptingrealdowitcher

11/8/19 12:34 PM
5/14/08

Any of you reading this back and forth between Dave Leduc and Liam Harrison on their social media pages? Pretty funny.

11/8/19 12:47 PM
10/8/08

that letwei crap is over blown

11/8/19 8:02 PM
7/27/04
Heikki Mustola -
EKPOGI -
Heikki Mustola -

Post/link a video

Sure, my bad, had been awake for a long, long time yesterday and wrote it in a hurry. Check out these fights if you wish/have time. Guy has some absolutely great finishes and fights

Thanks !

11/9/19 9:59 PM
5/14/08

11/11/19 11:16 PM
1/1/01
Submissable -

They've got a lot of good content

11/15/19 10:15 PM
5/14/08
Bryan72 - 
Submissable -

Seriously! Too bad it seems to be an abandoned channel and they haven't uploaded anything in over a year. Luckily there is so much that I haven't made my way through it all yet.

You have an amazing amount of old school fights on your channel as well. If I may ask a few questions for when you have time to answer. One, I have always wondered where you have all these fights? Are they all on VHS and you transfer them to YouTube? And if you dont mind, what are some of your favorite fights? I'd like to look them up if they are new to me. I'm always trying to catch up on the Golden Age since I obviously missed it all.

11/15/19 10:45 PM
5/14/08

Edited: 11/15/19 11:51 PM
10/9/10

It's INsane that I'm just seeing this thread for the first time. 

11/22/19 1:33 AM
1/1/01
Submissable -
Bryan72 - 
Submissable -

Seriously! Too bad it seems to be an abandoned channel and they haven't uploaded anything in over a year. Luckily there is so much that I haven't made my way through it all yet.

You have an amazing amount of old school fights on your channel as well. If I may ask a few questions for when you have time to answer. One, I have always wondered where you have all these fights? Are they all on VHS and you transfer them to YouTube? And if you dont mind, what are some of your favorite fights? I'd like to look them up if they are new to me. I'm always trying to catch up on the Golden Age since I obviously missed it all.

Most of my stuff is on vhs, I haven't uploaded much lately because my vcr broke!  Favorite fights....man, that's tough.  So many....lately I've been fascinated by a fighter named Chandej (or Chandet) 

12/2/19 2:56 AM
1/1/01

Nathan Ward, an athlete I coach, from last weeks Glory event in Chicago.  

View this post on Instagram

That southpaw style.

A post shared by Nathan Ward (@nathanwward) on

stupid embed not working 

12/4/19 1:11 PM
1/27/18

Hey guys, did an interview with Chico Kwasi, a young up-and-comer out of Mike's Gym in Amsterdam. Chico just won a four-man GP at the KOK event in Germany last weekend. Look for good things from this young man in the future.

We caught up with Chico Kwasi, the talented young welterweight (77 kg) fighter from the legendary Mike's Gym in Holland.

Chico had a big victory last weekend when he won the four-man Welterweight GP tournament at the KOK World Series 2019 in Germany event in Krefeld.

The 20-year-old scored an early stoppage of Mohamed Wade in the semifinals, then faced top German fighter Ekrem Doruk in the final.

Kwasi prevailed by clear decision to earn the IKBO K-1 Rules and KOK World Series 2019 in Germany GP tournament titles.

Chico took the time to give us his thoughts on his tournament victories, fighting for the KOK title, and his background in kickboxing.

1)In your first tournament match, you stopped Mohamed Wade in the first round. Was it your plan to try and get a quick KO in the semifinals?

Chico Kwasi: It's always my goal to win on a knock-out if it's possible. But it just happens most times. My cardio has been so good lately so I didn't really care what round it would happen. But if I smell blood, I go for it.

2)In the finals, you worked the body and showed your boxing skills.. I know you've done some pro boxing. Have you been focusing on your boxing more?

Chico Kwasi: I focused a little more on boxing lately, and it improved my fight style. And I plan to do more boxing matches in the future. Probably in January.

3)You've had a busy year fighting. I know you fought in Germany, Latvia, Estonia, other countries. Any plans for another match before 2020?

Chico Kwasi: I don't have fights planned this year but I'm always ready. So if Mike asks me to fight the answer is always: YES.

4)You won the four-man GP Saturday. Constantino Nganga won last year's welterweight GP. With the KOK title now vacant, are you looking to fight for the championship?

Chico Kwasi: Yeah, I think I'm the right contender to fight for the title. Doesn't matter against who.

5)You're only 20 years old. Can you tell us a little bit about how long you've been training and when you started fighting?

Chico Kwasi: I started training when I was 6 because I always liked fighting anime/cartoons, but it was nothing serious. I was the class clown and was kicked. When I got older, I started again. I got motivation from a lot of different animes. So when I was 15, I joined my brother (2018 Tatneft Cup Champion Fabio Kwasi) to Mike's Gym.

12/4/19 1:12 PM
5/14/08
View this post on Instagram

That southpaw style.

A post shared by Nathan Ward (@nathanwward) on

12/4/19 8:21 PM
1/27/18

The scheduled bout between light heavyweight contenders Sergej "Kuvalda" Maslobojev of Lithuania and Britain's Fraser Weightman was removed from Saturday's GLORY 73 event taking place in Shenzhen, China.

The Maslobojev-Weightman contest was scheduled for the GLORY 73 Superfight Series card taking place before GLORY 73. GLORY 73 is headlined by a title bout between GLORY World Lightweight Champion Marat Grigorian of Armenia and third-ranked contender Elvis Gashi of the United States.

Unfortunately, Weightman was unable to obtain a Chinese visa in time to make the trip to Shenzhen to face "Kuvalda" (Sledgehammer), and a suitable replacement was unavailable on short notice.

The Maslobojev-Weightman bout would have been a rematch of an earlier bout won by Maslobojev via TKO.

In another change, featherweight contender Thong Fairtex now faces Chuanlin Zhao. Zhao fights out of China, and is making his GLORY debut after Julio Lobo was scratched from the card.

The GLORY 73 card has been updated by the organization.

Here is the updated fight card (fight card and start times subject to change).

GLORY 73 SHENZHEN
07 December, 2019
Shenzhen Nanshan Culture and Sports Center, Shenzhen, China

GLORY 73 Shenzhen Preliminary Bouts (12:30 a.m. Los Angeles, 08:30 a.m. London)
-Super Bantamweight: Selina Flores (United States) vs Zhang Meng (China)
-Welterweight B-Class: Yunlong Dou (China) vs Jianhong Yu (China)

GLORY 73 Shenzhen Superfight Series (2 a.m. Los Angeles, 10 a.m. London)
-Featherweight: Thong Fairtex (Thailand) vs Chuanlin Zhao (China)
-Lightweight: Vladislav Tuinov (Russian Federation) vs Bruno Gazani (Brazil)
-Heavyweight: Andrey Herasimchuk (Belarus) vs Bruno Chaves (Brazil)
-Middleweight: Sun Chao (China) vs To Be Announced
-62 kg Catch Weight: Lu Dongqiang (China) vs Jin-hyeok Kim (Korea)

GLORY 73 Shenzhen (4 a.m. Los Angeles, 12 p.m. London)
Featherweight Tournament Semifinal: Hu Binqian (China) vs River Daz (Australia)
Featherweight Tournament Semifinal: Meng Goafeng (China) vs Masaya Kubo (Japan)
Lightweight: Josh Jauncey (Canada) vs Stoyan Koprivlinski (Bulgaria)
Featherweight Tournament Final: Winner Semifinal 1 vs Winner Semifinal 2
Lightweight: Marat Grigorian (Armenia) vs Elvis Gashi (United States)-Main Event, for Grigorian's GLORY Lightweight World Title

1/8/20 2:16 PM
1/27/18

International kickboxing standout Lofogo "King Shaka" Sarour is taking the sport of kickboxing back to his homeland of South Sudan.

Sarour, who has competed for top Dutch and international promotions such as Enfusion, the World Fighting League, and ACB KB, is promoting an event on 8 February in the nation's capital of Juba.

"Triumph of the Nation" will feature the country's top fighters. Six super fights are scheduled.

"What (made) me decide to organize a national kickboxing tournament has several reasons," Sarour wrote in an email to Kickboxing Z.

"This event is set up with the intention of being a platform for young South Sudanese to build and grow on a social level."

"Build on their self-esteem through the sport in the form of a kickboxing tournament, and to uncover the psychological added value that the sport carries and bring that exposed information into practice."

After years of fighting for freedom, South Sudan gained independence from Sudan in 2011. Tranquility was short-lived. A new civil war began in 2013 and lasted until 2018, when a new peace agreement was signed.

Sorour, who was born in the Netherlands but retains close ties with his South Sudanese roots, attended the last peace ceremony. He believes Triumph of A Nation will assist in the reconciliation process.

"It's a proven fact that sport unifies," he said.

"In addition (to) being a unifier, this event has also been designed to be a huge showcase, which shall create a big oil spill of solidarity, pride, sportsmanship and exemplary functions for the youth in a motivating way."

Critics can point out that using a sport in which participants are often knocked out or otherwise injured to help reconcile a nation haunted by violence is contradictory. Sarour understands the skepticism.

"Seeing it from their point of view-the idea of using a contact sport as a tool to create unity and togetherness in a country that is in some parts still afflicted by violence is kind of mad, and I don't blame them," he said.

"But, I speak out of my own experience as a professional kickboxer and former therapeutic assistant that kickboxing as a whole is much more than just handing out kicks and punches."

"Quite the contrary, and I am firmly convinced that many others who practice a certain discipline in martial arts will confirm this."

"For this event I join forces with the Embassy of The Netherlands in South Sudan, War Child and The Danish Refugee Council. I am very pleased with the fact (that) participating parties share the same acclaimed feeling."

"A collaboration with such organisations is of course unique. I also feel very much supported by their enthusiasm for this initiative and I certainly look forward to future collaboration."

When asked if Triumph of The Nation is a one-time event or if he's planning additional shows, a proud Sorour couldn't help but mention he sees a lot of developing talent in the country.

"For me to arrange future shows will depend on the success of Triumph of the Nation ha ha," he joked.

"No just kidding, we have a lot of rough diamonds in our midst, and it's time for them to be exposed!"

" A platform like this will give the youth the opportunity to showcase their talent for a greater public and without even realizing it, they all will become exemplary individuals."

"I am noticing that the kickboxing scene in South Sudan is starting to elaborate, and I am very happy with this matter."

"Did you know that we already have two large scale training centers in our midst? One is located in the capital city Juba, the other one is located in Bentiu, and believe me when I say that there are some serious talents over there."

"I am highly convinced that Triumph of the Nation will be successful, and that a sequel will certainly follow."

And what about Sarour's own career? It's been a while since "King Shaka" has entertained fans in the ring.

"I can't say much about it yet, except that very exciting things are on their way. So stay tuned!!"

1/8/20 2:17 PM
1/27/18

GLORY Kickboxing officially added six more bouts to the GLORY 75 event taking place on 29 February at the Central Studios in Utrecht, Netherlands.

Anissa Meksen, the two-time GLORY World Super Bantamweight Champion, makes her ring return after losing her title on a questionable decision to Tiffany van Soest in November. France's Meksen faces Ji-Waen Lee of South Korea.

Lithuanian star Sergej "Kuvalda" Maslobojev meets Roel Mannaart of the Netherlands in a light heavyweight bout.

Maslobojev, a champion in the KOK organization, made an impressive debut when he defeated Bahram Rajabzadeh of Azerbaijan via unanimous decision at GLORY 69 in October. Maslobojev knocked down "The Golden Wolf", and handed the Azerbaijani fighter his first-ever loss in either amateur or pro competition. The Lithuanian "Sledgehammer" looks to go 2-0 in GLORY.

Mannaart returns to GLORY after successfully defending his K-1 Heavyweight Title via first-round stoppage against Australia's Chris Bradford in November. Mannaart is unbeaten in two GLORY appearances at heavyweight, but is moving down to light heavyweight (95 kg) for the bout with Maslobojev.

Former GLORY Welterweight Champion Harut Grigorian will return to the GLORY ring after an absence of almost a year. Grigorian lost the title in his second defense via crushing knockout to France's Cedric Doumbe last March. The Armenian warrior, fighting out of the Hemmers Gym in Breda, Netherlands, faces Jamie Bates of the United Kingdom. Bates has an impressive 3-1 record in four GLORY appearances.

Here are the bouts confirmed for GLORY 75:

29 February, 2020
GLORY 75
Central Studios, Utrecht, Netherlands

-Featherweight: Petchpanomrung Kiatmookao (Thailand) vs Serhii Adamchuk (Ukraine)-Main Event (For Kiatmookao's GLORY World Featherweight Title)
-Welterweight: Hamicha (Morocco) vs Dmitrii Menshikov (Russian Federation)
-Middleweight: Yousri Belgaroui (Tunisia vs Jakob Styben (Germany)
-Lightweight: Tyjani Beztati (Morocco) vs Michael Palandre (France)
-Welterweight: Harut Grigorian (Armenia) vs Jamie Bates (United Kingdom)
-Super Bantamweight: Anissa Meksen (France) vs Ji-Waen Lee (North Korea)
-Light Heavyweight: Sergey Maslobojev (Lithuania) vs Roel Mannaart (The Netherlands)
-Lightweight: Mohammed "Mo" Hendouf (Belgium) vs Bruno Gazani (Brazil)
-Lightweight: Guerric Billet (France) vs Artur Saladiak (Poland)
-Featherweight: Meng Goafeng (China) vs Antonio Campoy (Spain)

1/9/20 12:42 PM
1/27/18

Mike's Gym in Amsterdam gave an injury update on Badr Hari today.

Hari was ahead on points last month in his rematch with Rico Verhoeven when he injured himself in the third round while attempting a high kick. The Moroccan was transported from the ring by the medical team, only to be sighted at a night club later that evening.

Today, an update was provide by the gym, where Hari trains under coach Mike Passenier.

According to the social media post, Hari tore an ankle and needs "4 til 6 weeks rest and then they slowly start training again."

Trainer Mike Passenier gave an interview to Dutch media regarding the injury.

1/9/20 1:14 PM
5/14/08

Looking forward to the rematch between Rodtang Jitmuangnon and Haggerty tomorrow. Liam Harrison is fighting on the ONE card as well. I am really liking Muay Thai in MMA gloves.