UnderGround Forums My Academy in Chicago, IL

6/19/19 11:26 AM
4/14/16
Kirik -
UltimateKeyboardWarrior - 

Your article on Chael was completely uncalled for.  You don't come off as a guy that I would want to train with.

You're not Latino. If you were, you might see Chael's slights in a different light.

Wanderlei Silva did - "This guy is a racist and he doesn't deserve our respect. I wouldn't be mad [at him] if I had no reasons to be. This is just one of the things he said about us. Now, if you want to cheer for him be my guest, you deserve my respect. I don't agree with him and I think we should be united this time. We're stronger together."

boom.

6/19/19 11:34 AM
12/29/18
Kirik -

Your article on Chael was completely uncalled for.  You don't come off as a guy that I would want to train with.

You're not Latino. If you were, you might see Chael's slights in a different light.

Wanderlei Silva did - "This guy is a racist and he doesn't deserve our respect. I wouldn't be mad [at him] if I had no reasons to be. This is just one of the things he said about us. Now, if you want to cheer for him be my guest, you deserve my respect. I don't agree with him and I think we should be united this time. We're stronger together."

Maybe Wanderlei doesn't know what defines a racist. Especially given that the entire TUF Brazil cast and viewers gravitated more towards chael, even Wand's own team 

6/19/19 1:29 PM
1/7/06
rainbow pants -
Kirik -

boom.

Weird how chael didn't really trash talk machida, being the overt racist he is.  Have other fighters besides Wanderlei accused chael of being racist?  

6/19/19 2:35 PM
11/20/09

I'm just curious if the same people that believe Chael is a racist, also believe that the Nog brother's tried to feed a carrot to a bus.  

I'm not sure if consistent ignorance is better than nit picking.

6/19/19 3:02 PM
7/8/17

Can you just go away and never come back?

Edited: 6/19/19 4:14 PM
3/16/15
Kirik - 

"You're not Latino. If you were, you might see Chael's slights in a different light."

I might view Chael's comments in a different light, but I also might not.

Edited: 6/19/19 4:39 PM
11/14/16
Elias Cepeda -
Dugs95 - 

So, plug the school, but no comment on the Chael article? Can't admit just a little that it was poor timing and just to get clicks? Or admit ya shit on a legend? 

comment on the story? I've been replying to people on twitter, IG, FB, and here for a couple days. 

You believe you're owed a personalized comment? Fine, here it is - my story is my comment. And, I stand by it.

I wrote a similar piece on Sonnen's racism after he retired the first time in 2014. People didn't seem to mind quite as much, then, but by 2015 and 2016 when I would highlight someone in the sporting world's racism or mysogony, or any number of other issues, you racists have seemed to get extra mad. It's nothing new on my end. I've been writing this type of material since 2005. Racists are emboldened to come out of the shadows, now, it seems. I write about the intersections of race, class, gender, and sport just about every week and have for over a decade but now folks are getting more vocal in being upset when I do than at any other point in the past that I can recall. 

If accurately quoting Sonnen's many racist statements over the years hurts his feelings or his fans', I couldn't care less about hurting his or your all's feelings. 

Go be racist, like Sonnen, if you'd like. Live that way, say it's a show, whatever makes you feel better about it.

Or, don't. 

You're not owed anything because your feelings were hurt. Sonnen isn't owed acceptance of his classlessness, in all its various forms.

This thread is about a particular thread started by Wes Sims that lied about my academy because he, like you, was so upset that someone deigned to criticize Chael Sonnen. 

These issues are important to me and not disconnected from my academy's philosophy. If they speak to you and you want to train with us, you're more than welcome. If they do not, then it isn't a good place for you.

I won't ever apologize for criticising structural racism, individual racist rhetoric or individual racist behavior. Sonnen's career decisions, whether he's won or lost, his feelings, or any of yours don't matter to me in the least when it comes to highlighting long occluded racist speech from him. 

I love it when a sjw gets a reason to express just how biased they are. Then, when someone calls them on it, that person who disagrees is obviously a racist too. Your mix of arrogance and skewed idea of what constitutes actual racism fits in perfectly on college campuses now. Why not just turn your academy into the "safe space " of the closest college near its address. Then you can have an echo chamber to rant to people who actually give a shit about what you have to say. That is, until you use the wrong personal pronoun, and you get to be the racist, misogynist, or whatever "ist". Don't expect sympathy here when it happens. 

6/19/19 5:07 PM
5/30/03
Captain Canuck - 

OP walked all over Sonnon and Wes for his own profit.

OP isn't a writer I care for but good for him for working his platform. Poor show for the content.

Cupcake is not a homophobic word.

Sonnon puts himself out there and when you do the things he has done you will be looked at. He's fair game by OP but poor show by doing it how he did.

Wes is a champ. How can you not love that guy. Cheap shot by OP.

CUPCAKE is absolutely homophobic and insulting to homosexuals.  It's analogous to "moolinyan"

6/19/19 5:27 PM
11/14/16
The Maestro -
Captain Canuck - 

OP isn't a writer I care for but good for him for working his platform. Poor show for the content.

Sonnon puts himself out there and when you do the things he has done you will be looked at. He's fair game by OP but poor show by doing it how he did.

CUPCAKE is absolutely homophobic and insulting to homosexuals.  It's analogous to "moolinyan"

Cupcake is only homophobic to people literally praying to find something to be filled with self righteous anger about. People like that should be hospitalized due to an underlying mental disability in need of treatment or ignored in hopes they toughen up and quit being a useless crybaby in a society of far too many useless crybabies 

6/19/19 5:31 PM
6/14/12
The Maestro -
Captain Canuck - 

Cupcake is on par, for most people, with calling someone a nancyboy or a sissy or a faggot.

Its every bit as offensive , and plays on the same lame stereotypes and denigrates in identical fashion. 

But just like elias owns the word ' boy ' , he likely owns 'cupcake' as well and can repurpose it how he sees fit to suit his disingenuous agenda.  

If you disagree with me, youre a maoist. 

6/19/19 5:34 PM
6/14/12
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
The Maestro -
Captain Canuck - 

Cupcake is on par, for most people, with calling someone a nancyboy or a sissy or a faggot.

Its every bit as offensive , and plays on the same lame stereotypes and denigrates in identical fashion. 

But just like elias owns the word ' boy ' , he likely owns 'cupcake' as well and can repurpose it how he sees fit to suit his disingenuous agenda.  

If you disagree with me, youre a maoist. 

Btw, im not offended b y syllables.

I support freedom of expression and elias ability to seize it at every opportunity. I also believe in calling a pretentious idiot an idiot

6/19/19 5:36 PM
12/29/18
Trumpsstinkypinky -
The Maestro -
Captain Canuck - 

Cupcake is only homophobic to people literally praying to find something to be filled with self righteous anger about. People like that should be hospitalized due to an underlying mental disability in need of treatment or ignored in hopes they toughen up and quit being a useless crybaby in a society of far too many useless crybabies 

That is the whole point.  Its just as ridiculous as Elias claiming Chael is a racist for saying "boy"

6/19/19 6:54 PM
12/8/14

Lmao, Elias is so tough, calling people out to come fight him. 

THIS is the guy talking big. Smashed in less than two minutes. 

6/19/19 7:12 PM
12/5/15

Sonnen vs cepeda?

6/19/19 7:16 PM
1/23/06
bobmanll - 

Sonnen vs cepeda?

Nah. No use. Let him age in angst. That's the best thing you can do to anyone you have a problem with.
Edited: 6/19/19 7:30 PM
1/30/16
UltimateKeyboardWarrior -
Kirik - 

"You're not Latino. If you were, you might see Chael's slights in a different light."

I might view Chael's comments in a different light, but I also might not.

I'm Latino and don't view Chael's comments any differently than I would an actor playing a role because that' what he's 

6/19/19 7:34 PM
1/30/16

Shitty app is shitty

As a grown Latino that keeps having Kirin speak for me and all Latinos, I view Chael and his non-racist comments and antics as I do an actor playing a role in a movie

you'd be a fool to perceive his comments as anything other than the guy acting - it's silly that this even needs explaining

6/19/19 7:40 PM
11/27/02

Kirik "You're not Latino. If you were, you might see Chael's slights in a different light."

The White Knight once again is here to fight for all Latinos and try to dictate to them how they should think. How noble.

6/19/19 7:45 PM
11/14/16
OJTT-RayRay -

Lmao, Elias is so tough, calling people out to come fight him. 

THIS is the guy talking big. Smashed in less than two minutes. 

My issue with the man has nothing to do with him fighting. I actually respect him for having the stones to hop in a cage or on a mat and make it official. My only issue is with the biased way he has written of late. 

6/19/19 7:46 PM
11/14/16
Bret Kavanaugh -
Trumpsstinkypinky -
The Maestro -
Captain Canuck - 

That is the whole point.  Its just as ridiculous as Elias claiming Chael is a racist for saying "boy"

I with you 100percent 

6/19/19 8:02 PM
12/23/02

Guy writes a bullshit article about Chael being racist then states everyone who disagrees with him is racist. Lol bitch please.

6/19/19 8:02 PM
12/23/02

6/19/19 8:17 PM
1/1/15
Kirik -

Kirik, I know you 'hired' this dipshit bit I think it's time to cut your losses.

You're a smart guy & should know that most of what Chael did was tongue in cheek. He talked his way to the top & by all accounts (except for a few 'journalists') is an exceptional human being.

You're gonna use a wanderlei quote as a moral compass??

6/20/19 2:02 AM
5/30/03
Trumpsstinkypinky -
The Maestro -
Captain Canuck - 

Are you stupid?  That's the point! 

6/20/19 3:31 AM
11/29/11
BJTT-OGtripleOG -
Kirik -

Kirik, I know you 'hired' this dipshit bit I think it's time to cut your losses.

You're a smart guy & should know that most of what Chael did was tongue in cheek. He talked his way to the top & by all accounts (except for a few 'journalists') is an exceptional human being.

You're gonna use a wanderlei quote as a moral compass??

Kirik has referenced wanderlei a few times the past couple days on this and There is a lack of self awareness that is pretty funny