UnderGround Forums My Academy in Chicago, IL

6/20/19 8:01 PM
3/16/15
supersonic - "Go ask King mo or Ronny markes if Chael is a racist"

But are they Latino? - Kirik

Edited, should have said Hispanic. Damn.

Kirik said Latino.

6/20/19 9:41 PM
10/17/13
failure at life - 
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
Floppy Divac -
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
Floppy Divac - 

Let's put up or shutup, cupcakes. The man posted his gym address. The gauntlet has been thrown at your feet. Dare you accept the challenge?

I suggested to Elias that he should have Chael and Wes over for a seminar.....he didn't agree, lol.

Lol!

Those who come with bad intentions wanting to create unpleasant circumstances, well, I guess that's why we train, isn't it?

Or quit in your amateur debut fight 2 min in. Did he train for that?

It takes balls to get in that cage my friend. He's trained for a long time and sometimes it's not your day. Elias is a true Mixed Martial Artist that has had passion for the Sport for a very long time.
6/20/19 9:52 PM
6/14/12
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
failure at life - 
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
Floppy Divac -
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
Floppy Divac - 

Let's put up or shutup, cupcakes. The man posted his gym address. The gauntlet has been thrown at your feet. Dare you accept the challenge?

I suggested to Elias that he should have Chael and Wes over for a seminar.....he didn't agree, lol.

Lol!

Those who come with bad intentions wanting to create unpleasant circumstances, well, I guess that's why we train, isn't it?

It takes balls to get in that cage my friend. He's trained for a long time and sometimes it's not your day. Elias is a true Mixed Martial Artist that has had passion for the Sport for a very long time.

It took more  balls to write that shitty article.

RESPECT!

6/20/19 10:00 PM
6/14/12

Too bad chael didnt fight ammy one time.

Then maybe he too would be privileged enough for some of this martial respect.

Instead,. He wasted his best years competing  as a stud wrestler and PRO mma fighter building the sport that eLIEus is sooo passionate abnout.

If only chael had known then...

Edited: 6/20/19 10:14 PM
3/16/15
TwentyNineTwentyEight - 
failure at life - 
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
Floppy Divac -
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
Floppy Divac - 

Lol!

Sometimes it's not your day.

It is never Elias' day.

But that is because he is oppressed.

Right, Kirik?

6/20/19 10:11 PM
10/17/13
El_Geronimo_de_Gato - 
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
failure at life - 
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
Floppy Divac -
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
Floppy Divac - 

Lol!

RESPECT!

I get your point, just don't fighter bash or you're just as bad.
6/20/19 10:15 PM
3/16/15
TwentyNineTwentyEight - 
El_Geronimo_de_Gato - 
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
failure at life - 
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
Floppy Divac -
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
Floppy Divac - 

Lol!

RESPECT!

I am impressed that you are able type with your limp wrists.

Edited: 6/20/19 10:32 PM
10/17/13

Isn't that how you type with that SN? Now it's past your bed time, let the adults talk.

6/20/19 10:28 PM
3/16/15
TwentyNineTwentyEight - 
UltimateKeyboardWarrior - 
TwentyNineTwentyEight - 
El_Geronimo_de_Gato - 
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
failure at life - 
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
Floppy Divac -
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
Floppy Divac - 

Lol!

RESPECT!

I am impressed that you are able type with your limp wrists.

Isn't that how you type with that SN? Now it's passed your bed time, let the adults talk.

I will leave you and your husband alone.

Edited: 6/20/19 10:58 PM
10/17/13

Dud.

Edited: 6/20/19 11:14 PM
6/14/12
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
El_Geronimo_de_Gato - 
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
failure at life - 
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
Floppy Divac -
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
Floppy Divac - 

Lol!

RESPECT!

I have more fights than echilada.

I actually showed up and fought.

People bash me on here all the time as they should. I dont cry about it. 

Elias gets to fighter bash chael , because of his bacon neck privilege, bbut as usual that PRIVILLEGE belongs to elias alone. Hes decrying privilege when hes been afforded more priviege than anyone else on these boards. 

This game is fun. What else you got ? 

Ps. Elias isnt a fighter. If anything, accuse me jobber bashing. Thx.

Edited: 6/20/19 11:29 PM
10/17/13

^I I was actually directing that comment at "failure at life", but I'll address your comment. Kudos to your competition experience and like I stated, two wrongs don't make a right. Elias made an article that wasn't well received but I know the guy. He's very passionate about our Sport. Politically, we have different views but, that doesn't mean I can say he's a bad guy.

6/20/19 11:40 PM
6/14/12
TwentyNineTwentyEight - ^I I was actually directing that comment at "failure at life", but I'll address your comment. Kudos to your competition experience and like I stated, two wrongs don't make a right. Elias made an article that wasn't well received but I know the guy. He's very passionate about our Sport. Politically, we have different views but, that doesn't mean I can say he's a bad guy.

Two wrongs dont make a right.

So elias' garbbage 'article' is inexcusable?  Didnt abolish or reform hate culture? Was fighter bashing deluxe?  

I think we finally agree on something. 

Chael and elias have a lot in common it seems. 

Except, chael at least makes for a strong hammer. 

6/20/19 11:49 PM
10/17/13

Listen, this is s "UG" issue. The real world saw The American Gangster retire and frankly didn't give a care. He wasn't the Babe Ruth of the Sport. What I am saying is that even though we might not agree on certain things, let's not bring up Elias's MMA record to try to verify he's a "Pussy". I might not agree with his politics, but he's no pussy. That's all I'm saying, take it for what it is.

Edited: 6/21/19 12:35 AM
6/14/12
TwentyNineTwentyEight - Listen, this is s "UG" issue. The real world saw The American Gangster retire and frankly didn't give a care. He wasn't the Babe Ruth of the Sport. What I am saying is that even though we might not agree on certain things, let's not bring up Elias's MMA record to try to verify he's a "Pussy". I might not agree with his politics, but he's no pussy. That's all I'm saying, take it for what it is.

I never called elias a pussy. Didnt care about chael retiring either. 

Btw he IS a pussy for producing that article. And he ISNT a fighter. One 90 second ammy beattdown and quit session does not a fighter make. You re doing everything in your power to protect elias including making shit up a out him.

He s as much a fighter as chael is a godamn racist.

*** awaits elias to declare himself champion of the world in mma ****

6/21/19 1:49 AM
1/6/10

if half of you spent the time and energy doing something nice and selfless in your communities instead of ranting in here the world would be a better place

sheesh

6/21/19 3:19 AM
6/3/11
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
failure at life - 
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
Floppy Divac -
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
Floppy Divac - 

Lol!

Having passion for something doesn't make you a "true" at said thing. I don't necessarily believe it takes balls to get in a cage. Especially when you quit 2 min in. I've completed in kickboxing and boxing. I don't think I had big balls just because I showed up. It's the heart you show in competition that counts. 

6/21/19 4:06 AM
1/1/01
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
Floppy Divac -
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
Floppy Divac - 

Lol!

It was his best work yet. I can picture him standing in the doorway of his gym with hands on hips and a smile on his face calmly stating this to an angry mob while his students are all cowering behind him. Then he's totally gonna ninja all the bad guys.

6/21/19 4:44 AM
3/12/02

I am not in the habit of wishing ill to people I don't know, but I would love to see Elias' face with a size 13 Wes Sims foot on it.

6/21/19 8:05 AM
12/29/18
TwentyNineTwentyEight - Listen, this is s "UG" issue. The real world saw The American Gangster retire and frankly didn't give a care. He wasn't the Babe Ruth of the Sport. What I am saying is that even though we might not agree on certain things, let's not bring up Elias's MMA record to try to verify he's a "Pussy". I might not agree with his politics, but he's no pussy. That's all I'm saying, take it for what it is.

There's the rub though. He published that article on yahoo news. Any casual fan, or just some rando person who knows nothing of mma, will read it and from that point on, Chael will be synonymous with racist, in their minds. 

That type of character assasination in the court of public opinion is not only unfair to chael, it can be extremely damaging to him. I have a feeling elias went after him for a few reasons.

1. Inferiority complex (evidenced by his victim mentality...just look at his twitter feed and other articles he's written.)

2. Jealousy of success in mma, via Chael's shit talk. 

3. Inability to actually define what racism really is

4. An attempt to smear chael so espn will drop him. This time fueled by jealousy of Chael's success in the mma media world.

Lastly, mma has been one of the most racially inclusive sports, since it's inception. Yet, false articles like the one Elias wrote is creating a previously nonexistent divide in the mma community.  He's looking for a fire when there isn't even smoke...so instead he's willing to burn the entire forest down. Because of jealousy and clickbait

6/21/19 9:12 AM
4/18/09
Elias Cepeda -

I tried to post on a thread that Wes Sims created with my name in it which had all sorts of lies and insults about me and my academy but I see that it has been deleted. Below is what I tried to post on his thread.

Wes Sims requested that I be his facebook "friend" a few years ago. I've never met or trained with him or trained with anyone that he has, as far as I know but I accepted his request. I guess we're not, in fact, friends, since he didn't message me to tell me how much he dislikes me or disaproves of my alleged behavior, or come insult me to my face.

I'm not losing sleep over that. I'm told he had my academy name and address in the initial post at the top of his thread but he later edited them out. I wish he hadn't edited that out so here they are. My academy is called Foundation Chicago. We're located at 2238 w. roscoe in Chicago, IL in the roscoe village neighborhood (about 4.5 miles away from my former instructor's gym which I helped him get started and on whose team I was for 17 years, throughout 5 different locations that I can recall immediately. I left that team after spending most of my adolescence and all of my adult life on it because I didn't agree with the direction the instructor was going, and I felt betrayed that he wasn't supporting my new affiliated academy concept and that he was talking about me behind my back after I'd already opened).

I'm very proud of our little team. I wanted to provide a type of small-group learning experience that I'd only seen high-level pros be a part of with unparalled coaching attention and support. We have a cap on class sizes to snsure low student-teacher ratios, students get regular written progress reports from me and customized film study from me.

Foundation Chicago students get competition scheduling/matchmaking services included in their membership as well as cornering services if they choose to go into fighting.  A portion of every membership goes to support our highschool outreach program where we offer twice weekly BJJ classes to students at the Eric Solorio Academy on the Southwest side of the city at no cost to the students, school, or families. We also regularly have outside experts come in and share their knowlege with the team.

In the past year alone we've had Mike Brown and Din Thomas give seminars, and Aljamain Sterling, Al Iaquinta, and Merab Dvalishvili came in the other week to train and I learned a great deal from those three warriors as well. 

I've never "stolen" students, whatever that means, and I run a decidedly non-political academy because I came out of a cultish environment, I came to realize, all of my BJJ life. Some Foundation Chicago members only train with us, of course, and "rep" us at competitions.

We have and have always had members who also train at other gyms. Some of them love their primary gyms and teams, but have known me for years and like the mission of our gym so want to come in every so often and support it. Others love their primary team but live nearer to us or our schedule allows them to get in another day or two of training that they otherwise would not have been able to.

Yet others are active competitors and represent their other gym but come in during training camps to get a little extra or a different coaching/sparring partner look. I welcome them all. All Foundation Chicago asks of people is to pay their membership fees, show up, and be good, safe training partners for whoever is on the mats. You can represent any team you like if you follow those rules.

We just celebrated our second-year anniversary and I'm really proud of what we're doing. It's different in many ways from other spots, and it works for some. Our website is www.FoundationChicago.com We're on IG at @FoundationChicago. We have a Youtube channel with some technique and some competition footage.  I'm told by those who have visited and by our team members that we've created a healthy, positive, effective training space. I hope so. That is certainly the goal.

So, if you're interested in checking us out, check out the website for scheduling info and come on down. We'd love to have you.

As always and in just about every area of life, I hope to see and meet folks with good intentions under good circumstances. Those who come with bad intentions wanting to create unpleasant circumstances, well, I guess that's why we train, isn't it?

In any case, I'm easy to find. Come see me. 

It seems the more people open their mouths and the more defensive the become, the less the world likes them. That shtick is getting old real fast, twink

6/21/19 3:45 PM
11/14/16
Bret Kavanaugh -

There's the rub though. He published that article on yahoo news. Any casual fan, or just some rando person who knows nothing of mma, will read it and from that point on, Chael will be synonymous with racist, in their minds. 

That type of character assasination in the court of public opinion is not only unfair to chael, it can be extremely damaging to him. I have a feeling elias went after him for a few reasons.

1. Inferiority complex (evidenced by his victim mentality...just look at his twitter feed and other articles he's written.)

2. Jealousy of success in mma, via Chael's shit talk. 

3. Inability to actually define what racism really is

4. An attempt to smear chael so espn will drop him. This time fueled by jealousy of Chael's success in the mma media world.

Lastly, mma has been one of the most racially inclusive sports, since it's inception. Yet, false articles like the one Elias wrote is creating a previously nonexistent divide in the mma community.  He's looking for a fire when there isn't even smoke...so instead he's willing to burn the entire forest down. Because of jealousy and clickbait

The self entitled prose he used in that article set my teeth on edge. I agree white a lot of what you just said, and the fact yahoo sports has it plastered on its site truly pisses me off. Fuck you elias, chael's pinky toe has more guts than you ever will. 

6/21/19 5:36 PM
12/28/14
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
failure at life - 
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
Floppy Divac -
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
Floppy Divac - 

Lol!

For most people it takes balls to get in the cage. For chael, a man who had experienced the exhilarating wins and devestating defeats it took tremendous balls. 

To get in and fight both jon jones and fedora, knowing the odds are against him it took tremendous balls.

Any delusional faggot, wanna be tough guy can take an amateur fight and quit in 2 minutes. In fact that liberal pussy Elias cepeda did just thar. 

6/21/19 8:20 PM
10/17/13
failure at life - 
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
failure at life - 
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
Floppy Divac -
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
Floppy Divac - 

Lol!

For most people it takes balls to get in the cage. For chael, a man who had experienced the exhilarating wins and devestating defeats it took tremendous balls. 

To get in and fight both jon jones and fedora, knowing the odds are against him it took tremendous balls.

Any delusional faggot, wanna be tough guy can take an amateur fight and quit in 2 minutes. In fact that liberal pussy Elias cepeda did just thar. 

It takes balls period, but that's just my humble opinion.
6/21/19 8:22 PM
12/29/18
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
failure at life - 
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
failure at life - 
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
Floppy Divac -
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
Floppy Divac - 

Lol!

It takes balls period, but that's just my humble opinion.

Agreed, and props to him for that. Just such an unfortunate and ugly smear article he wrote on chael