UnderGround Forums My Academy in Chicago, IL

6/21/19 9:15 PM
11/9/18
Elias Cepeda -

I tried to post on a thread that Wes Sims created with my name in it which had all sorts of lies and insults about me and my academy but I see that it has been deleted. Below is what I tried to post on his thread.

Wes Sims requested that I be his facebook "friend" a few years ago. I've never met or trained with him or trained with anyone that he has, as far as I know but I accepted his request. I guess we're not, in fact, friends, since he didn't message me to tell me how much he dislikes me or disaproves of my alleged behavior, or come insult me to my face.

I'm not losing sleep over that. I'm told he had my academy name and address in the initial post at the top of his thread but he later edited them out. I wish he hadn't edited that out so here they are. My academy is called Foundation Chicago. We're located at 2238 w. roscoe in Chicago, IL in the roscoe village neighborhood (about 4.5 miles away from my former instructor's gym which I helped him get started and on whose team I was for 17 years, throughout 5 different locations that I can recall immediately. I left that team after spending most of my adolescence and all of my adult life on it because I didn't agree with the direction the instructor was going, and I felt betrayed that he wasn't supporting my new affiliated academy concept and that he was talking about me behind my back after I'd already opened).

I'm very proud of our little team. I wanted to provide a type of small-group learning experience that I'd only seen high-level pros be a part of with unparalled coaching attention and support. We have a cap on class sizes to snsure low student-teacher ratios, students get regular written progress reports from me and customized film study from me.

Foundation Chicago students get competition scheduling/matchmaking services included in their membership as well as cornering services if they choose to go into fighting.  A portion of every membership goes to support our highschool outreach program where we offer twice weekly BJJ classes to students at the Eric Solorio Academy on the Southwest side of the city at no cost to the students, school, or families. We also regularly have outside experts come in and share their knowlege with the team.

In the past year alone we've had Mike Brown and Din Thomas give seminars, and Aljamain Sterling, Al Iaquinta, and Merab Dvalishvili came in the other week to train and I learned a great deal from those three warriors as well. 

I've never "stolen" students, whatever that means, and I run a decidedly non-political academy because I came out of a cultish environment, I came to realize, all of my BJJ life. Some Foundation Chicago members only train with us, of course, and "rep" us at competitions.

We have and have always had members who also train at other gyms. Some of them love their primary gyms and teams, but have known me for years and like the mission of our gym so want to come in every so often and support it. Others love their primary team but live nearer to us or our schedule allows them to get in another day or two of training that they otherwise would not have been able to.

Yet others are active competitors and represent their other gym but come in during training camps to get a little extra or a different coaching/sparring partner look. I welcome them all. All Foundation Chicago asks of people is to pay their membership fees, show up, and be good, safe training partners for whoever is on the mats. You can represent any team you like if you follow those rules.

We just celebrated our second-year anniversary and I'm really proud of what we're doing. It's different in many ways from other spots, and it works for some. Our website is www.FoundationChicago.com We're on IG at @FoundationChicago. We have a Youtube channel with some technique and some competition footage.  I'm told by those who have visited and by our team members that we've created a healthy, positive, effective training space. I hope so. That is certainly the goal.

So, if you're interested in checking us out, check out the website for scheduling info and come on down. We'd love to have you.

As always and in just about every area of life, I hope to see and meet folks with good intentions under good circumstances. Those who come with bad intentions wanting to create unpleasant circumstances, well, I guess that's why we train, isn't it?

In any case, I'm easy to find. Come see me. 

I have no idea who you are but you seem like a real bitch and nobody likes you.

6/21/19 10:53 PM
10/17/13
Bret Kavanaugh - 
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
failure at life - 
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
failure at life - 
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
Floppy Divac -
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
Floppy Divac - 

Let's put up or shutup, cupcakes. The man posted his gym address. The gauntlet has been thrown at your feet. Dare you accept the challenge?

I suggested to Elias that he should have Chael and Wes over for a seminar.....he didn't agree, lol.

Lol!

Those who come with bad intentions wanting to create unpleasant circumstances, well, I guess that's why we train, isn't it?

Or quit in your amateur debut fight 2 min in. Did he train for that?

It takes balls to get in that cage my friend. He's trained for a long time and sometimes it's not your day. Elias is a true Mixed Martial Artist that has had passion for the Sport for a very long time.

For most people it takes balls to get in the cage. For chael, a man who had experienced the exhilarating wins and devestating defeats it took tremendous balls. 

To get in and fight both jon jones and fedora, knowing the odds are against him it took tremendous balls.

Any delusional faggot, wanna be tough guy can take an amateur fight and quit in 2 minutes. In fact that liberal pussy Elias cepeda did just thar. 

It takes balls period, but that's just my humble opinion.

Agreed, and props to him for that. Just such an unfortunate and ugly smear article he wrote on chael 

I completely understand your point and I'm in the type of situation that one doesn't find oneself in everyday. All I'm conveying to people is this guy is very passionate about MMA and sometimes Political opinions can blurry that passion. Chael didn't deserve that in my humble opinion, but at the same token, Elias's passion/contribution to the Sport shouldn't be Judged off of one fight. He's a talented Mixed Martial Artist, a gym owner and a writer for this site and I respect him for that.
6/22/19 1:30 AM
6/14/12
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
Bret Kavanaugh - 
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
failure at life - 
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
failure at life - 
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
Floppy Divac -
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
Floppy Divac - 

Let's put up or shutup, cupcakes. The man posted his gym address. The gauntlet has been thrown at your feet. Dare you accept the challenge?

I suggested to Elias that he should have Chael and Wes over for a seminar.....he didn't agree, lol.

Lol!

Those who come with bad intentions wanting to create unpleasant circumstances, well, I guess that's why we train, isn't it?

It takes balls to get in that cage my friend. He's trained for a long time and sometimes it's not your day. Elias is a true Mixed Martial Artist that has had passion for the Sport for a very long time.

For most people it takes balls to get in the cage. For chael, a man who had experienced the exhilarating wins and devestating defeats it took tremendous balls. 

To get in and fight both jon jones and fedora, knowing the odds are against him it took tremendous balls.

Any delusional faggot, wanna be tough guy can take an amateur fight and quit in 2 minutes. In fact that liberal pussy Elias cepeda did just thar. 

Agreed, and props to him for that. Just such an unfortunate and ugly smear article he wrote on chael 

I completely understand your point and I'm in the type of situation that one doesn't find oneself in everyday. All I'm conveying to people is this guy is very passionate about MMA and sometimes Political opinions can blurry that passion. Chael didn't deserve that in my humble opinion, but at the same token, Elias's passion/contribution to the Sport shouldn't be Judged off of one fight. He's a talented Mixed Martial Artist, a gym owner and a writer for this site and I respect him for that.

Stop telling other people to respect him based on your value metric imo.

You re o nviously a nice guy, and i respect you defending your friend. Kudos good sir. But telling other people to respect him because he decided to sign up to get punched in the face by a stranger inside of a white trash fence enclosure is beyond silly..

And i never.brought up his record or unathletic grappling. Its irrevelant to me. I disdain Elias the sports writer and pretentious idiot.making real racists like duke seem less evil by watering down a term to meanonglessness by misusing it intentionally in a self serving way also shits right in the face of everyone who has suffered true prejudice. And to do it with no evidence. Fucking interpretive conjecture. And to then fucking insult people that disagree with his contrived virtue signaling rhetoric using a repugnant weaponized word he just spent several paragraphs... He s a fucking asshole and a pussy afraid of discourse. Thats why he guaranteed there couldnt be one. He should be fired. 

By dumbfucks logic im a racist for writing this despite having racially diverse friends, a predeliction for ethnic women,, financially supporting organizations and collectives supporting minorties including the ACLU and border aid groups , and participating in events to directly benefit their culture and peoples.. I dont giveca fuck about race and wish tyje concept would fucking socially disappear. Bnut not with fuckwits like elias drumming up allk kinds of antipathhy and bneating it into the public consciousness even more. 

He s sooooo passionate about mma why didnt he  thank chael ? 

6/22/19 2:58 PM
1/7/06
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
Bret Kavanaugh - 
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
failure at life - 
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
failure at life - 
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
Floppy Divac -
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
Floppy Divac - 

Lol!

You re o nviously a nice guy, and i respect you defending your friend. Kudos good sir. But telling other people to respect him because he decided to sign up to get punched in the face by a stranger inside of a white trash fence enclosure is beyond silly..

And i never.brought up his record or unathletic grappling. Its irrevelant to me. I disdain Elias the sports writer and pretentious idiot.making real racists like duke seem less evil by watering down a term to meanonglessness by misusing it intentionally in a self serving way also shits right in the face of everyone who has suffered true prejudice. And to do it with no evidence. Fucking interpretive conjecture. And to then fucking insult people that disagree with his contrived virtue signaling rhetoric using a repugnant weaponized word he just spent several paragraphs... He s a fucking asshole and a pussy afraid of discourse. Thats why he guaranteed there couldnt be one. He should be fired. 

By dumbfucks logic im a racist for writing this despite having racially diverse friends, a predeliction for ethnic women,, financially supporting organizations and collectives supporting minorties including the ACLU and border aid groups , and participating in events to directly benefit their culture and peoples.. I dont giveca fuck about race and wish tyje concept would fucking socially disappear. Bnut not with fuckwits like elias drumming up allk kinds of antipathhy and bneating it into the public consciousness even more. 

Good post

6/22/19 4:36 PM
10/17/13
El_Geronimo_de_Gato - 
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
Bret Kavanaugh - 
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
failure at life - 
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
failure at life - 
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
Floppy Divac -
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
Floppy Divac - 

Lol!

I understand your point completely and applaud your social efforts.
10/16/19 10:11 AM
1/1/01
TwentyNineTwentyEight - 
failure at life - 
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
Floppy Divac -
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
Floppy Divac - 

Lol!

Thanks brother. I've been fortunate enough to have not been put in a position to quit any of my six fights. My first two were unregulated bouts and don't appear on any records. My loss to Devon Smith was not my debut, it came about two years into me fighting as an amateur. He just kicked my ass. I didn't quit or tap, he just beat on me until the referee stopped it. I got up, went to Vegas and LA and trained in both places and went home and fought again, soon.

10/16/19 10:31 AM
8/3/11
Elias Cepeda -
TwentyNineTwentyEight - 
failure at life - 
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
Floppy Divac -
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
Floppy Divac - 

Lol!

Thanks brother. I've been fortunate enough to have not been put in a position to quit any of my six fights. My first two were unregulated bouts and don't appear on any records. My loss to Devon Smith was not my debut, it came about two years into me fighting as an amateur. He just kicked my ass. I didn't quit or tap, he just beat on me until the referee stopped it. I got up, went to Vegas and LA and trained in both places and went home and fought again, soon.

Great to know, looking forward to new articles of yours!

10/16/19 8:51 PM
6/14/12
Elias Cepeda -
TwentyNineTwentyEight - 
failure at life - 
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
Floppy Divac -
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
Floppy Divac - 

Lol!

You did absolutley nothing in that fight intentionally, forcing the ref to stop the fight. You quit plain as day. You sure as shit didnt fight. Another spin job from your pathetic faggot ass. 

Edited: 10/16/19 10:14 PM
11/14/16
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
Elias Cepeda -
TwentyNineTwentyEight - 
failure at life - 
El_Geronimo_de_Gato -
Floppy Divac -
TwentyNineTwentyEight -
Floppy Divac - 

Lol!

You did absolutley nothing in that fight intentionally, forcing the ref to stop the fight. You quit plain as day. You sure as shit didnt fight. Another spin job from your pathetic faggot ass. 

Damn, now tell me how you really feel