UnderGround Forums NBA Player James Johnson claims to be a fighter

19 days ago
9/15/16

James Johnson claims to be 20-0 in kickboxing and 7-0 in MMA. He claims his first bout was at the age of 18. He played college basketball from 07-09, that means he would’ve had 27 fights in 2 years. There is absolutely 0 video evidence of him fighting, not even a sparring session. It’s pretty annoying hearing ESPN back his claims with literally no evidence. How is this fraud able to still hold up this gimmick??? 

19 days ago
10/9/10

I’ve never even heard of James Johnson before now. Is he a good or even popular player? Without even knowing the guy it’s impossible to believe any NBA player would fight professionally. 

19 days ago
9/15/16
MasterofMartialArts -

I’ve never even heard of James Johnson before now. Is he a good or even popular player? Without even knowing the guy it’s impossible to believe any NBA player would fight professionally. 

He’s a good role player, not exactly popular but majority of NBA fans know him because he is the only player who claims to fight. And yea it is hard to believe any player would get down like that lol 

19 days ago
4/22/07

God damn Westbrook, that shit is sad

19 days ago
7/10/12

He’s about 6’8 so even if he had the exact boxing skill set as 5’9 Nate Robinson, he’s likely a tougher proposition for the GOAT (Jake Paul) simply by virtue of range, reach, height

19 days ago
7/27/04

Probably the reason Cuban signed him to be Luka's bodyguard

19 days ago
6/3/11

Nver heard of him. Basketball players can't fight. They only have a size and cardio. Watch some clips of those dudes fighting. It's laughable. Anthony Mason is the GOAT NBA fighter. 

Edited: 19 days ago
9/20/19

You don’t has to call him Johnson 

18 days ago
10/9/10
Region Rat -

Nver heard of him. Basketball players can't fight. They only have a size and cardio. Watch some clips of those dudes fighting. It's laughable. Anthony Mason is the GOAT NBA fighter. 

That’s such a bizarre statement to make. With long term consistent training from good coaches, of course they can. NBA players are the elite of the elite when it comes to athletes in my eyes. Fighting is just not a typical thing for him because they make millions playing basketball.  

18 days ago
2/28/14
MasterofMartialArts -
Region Rat -

That’s such a bizarre statement to make. With long term consistent training from good coaches, of course they can. NBA players are the elite of the elite when it comes to athletes in my eyes. Fighting is just not a typical thing for him because they make millions playing basketball.  

There's been no good basketball players turned MMA fighter. Stop living in a fantasy world. Dunking a ball doesn't translate to fighting. 

And it's not even an impressive thing. They're 7 feet tall dunking on a 10 foot rim. That's not an accomplishment.

18 days ago
10/8/07

According to Johnson, both his mom and dad are black belts in karate, all of his siblings are black belts in karate, and he's a 2nd degree black belt in karate with a undefeated kickboxing and mma record. Of course there's no proof at all that any of this is true. On top of that he's been in the nba for 11 seasons so when exactly did he have the time to put together this awesome martial arts resume?

18 days ago
9/15/16
Region Rat -

I will definitely be watching some Anthony Mason HL. “B Ball players can’t fight” is a good generalization IMO lol 

18 days ago
9/15/16
The Destroyer88 -

According to Johnson, both his mom and dad are black belts in karate, all of his siblings are black belts in karate, and he's a 2nd degree black belt in karate with a undefeated kickboxing and mma record. Of course there's no proof at all that any of this is true. On top of that he's been in the nba for 11 seasons so when exactly did he have the time to put together this awesome martial arts resume?

I just don’t understand how none of these “accredited journalists” haven’t done their jobs. A quick google search of JJs record will immediately raise some red flags (no evidence). I def believe they’re black belts in karate, but a blind 8 year old child could get karate B.B lmao 

18 days ago
9/5/12
Gennady Goblin -
MasterofMartialArts -
Region Rat -

There's been no good basketball players turned MMA fighter. Stop living in a fantasy world. Dunking a ball doesn't translate to fighting. 

And it's not even an impressive thing. They're 7 feet tall dunking on a 10 foot rim. That's not an accomplishment.

RJJ was an excellent basketball player before boxing

18 days ago
5/13/05

I remember reading posts on here that he would dominate the UFC heavyweight division. MMA fans can be incredibly stupid at times.

18 days ago
2/28/14
Slobonmynog -
Gennady Goblin -
MasterofMartialArts -
Region Rat -

RJJ was an excellent basketball player before boxing

RJJ was dribbling off his foot in pro-am games. 

18 days ago
2/28/14

https://vault.si.com/vault/1996/06/24/all-in-a-days-work-roy-jones-jr-took-moonlighting-to-a-new-level

1:43 p.m. Jones is introduced, and 1,965 fans give him a
standing ovation. Not bad for a guy shooting 24% from the floor
and 45% from the free throw line.

1:49 p.m. In the opening minute of play, Jones, who averages 20
minutes, four points and two assists per game, launches a shot
from the top of the key. Air ball.

1:53 p.m. Jones commits a charging foul, sending a Tropics big
man crashing to the floor. The three-knockdown rule is not in
effect.

1:57 p.m. Jones hits a layup.

1:59 p.m. Jones makes another layup and is fouled. Completes
three-point play. Considers retiring from boxing.

2:05 p.m. Jones comes to the bench. Hot dog sales soar.

2:48 p.m. Halftime. Barracudas president Artis Gilmore is asked
for a scouting report on Jones.

SI: "What is your reaction to Roy saying he would like to
someday play in the NBA?"

Gilmore: "Roy Jones said that?"

3:17 p.m. Jones dribbles the ball off his knee, leading to an
easy Treasure Coast layup. Funny, none of the Tropics taunt him.

3:50 p.m. With a Jacksonville victory assured, Jones leaves the
bench and heads for the locker room midway through the fourth
quarter. Turns thoughts to pugilism. Predicts sixth-round
knockout.

Roy was a great boxer. He was a shit ball player.

18 days ago
10/9/10
Gennady Goblin -
MasterofMartialArts -
Region Rat -

I’ll bite. Your post is incredibly ignorant. Can you give me a single reason why an NBA player would become an MMA fighter after making millions upon millions playing basketball? I’m going to assume you’re trolling here cause basketball isn’t just dudes dunking. 

Being a 7 footer in the NBA is highly uncommon. The overwhelming majority are much shorter. The average NBA player is around 6’7” 220 lbs.  Basketball players have size, strength, athleticism, explosiveness, stamina, and balance. Not to mention all the skills needed to play the game, I’m not sure how you think an elite level basketball player couldn’t shift his focus to MMA and being an elite fighter. 

18 days ago
2/26/07

I see somebody already mentioned karate, if I'm not mistaken he went to wake forest and I remember the announcers saying he was a karate blackbelt-most likely this dude won a karate tourney in jr high or some shit

18 days ago
7/21/09
Jakkary -

James Johnson claims to be 20-0 in kickboxing and 7-0 in MMA. He claims his first bout was at the age of 18. He played college basketball from 07-09, that means he would’ve had 27 fights in 2 years. There is absolutely 0 video evidence of him fighting, not even a sparring session. It’s pretty annoying hearing ESPN back his claims with literally no evidence. How is this fraud able to still hold up this gimmick??? 

He should have went with 400-0...

18 days ago
9/15/16
Gomrad -
Jakkary -

He should have went with 400-0...

Marlin Sims v JJ 

18 days ago
2/28/14
MasterofMartialArts -
Gennady Goblin -
MasterofMartialArts -
Region Rat -

I’ll bite. Your post is incredibly ignorant. Can you give me a single reason why an NBA player would become an MMA fighter after making millions upon millions playing basketball? I’m going to assume you’re trolling here cause basketball isn’t just dudes dunking. 

Being a 7 footer in the NBA is highly uncommon. The overwhelming majority are much shorter. The average NBA player is around 6’7” 220 lbs.  Basketball players have size, strength, athleticism, explosiveness, stamina, and balance. Not to mention all the skills needed to play the game, I’m not sure how you think an elite level basketball player couldn’t shift his focus to MMA and being an elite fighter. 

Athletes aren't fighters. Greg Hardy was a Pro Bowl NFL player, he's a mediocre MMA fighter. Only Fatmericans have this retarded concept of athletes making great fighters.

Edited: 18 days ago
5/13/05
Gennady Goblin -
MasterofMartialArts -
Gennady Goblin -
MasterofMartialArts -
Region Rat -

Athletes aren't fighters. Greg Hardy was a Pro Bowl NFL player, he's a mediocre MMA fighter. Only Fatmericans have this retarded concept of athletes making great fighters.

Greg Hardy was a 2nd team All Pro and amazing athlete. I always felt that the NFL players are much more athletic than NBA players. They have more strength when it comes to S&C numbers and they are tough because their sport is based on high impact genetic freaks colliding at a high rate of speed. I think Hardy could still become a top 10 HW fighter. He has only been at it a short time and has improved his stand up a lot but his bottom escapes need more work obviously.

18 days ago
6/23/12

I believe his family of karate black belts... And that makes me doubt his fight record even more. 

18 days ago
4/11/08
this sounds like bullshido