UnderGround Forums Name a fighter you once liked but now hate

9 days ago
3/17/14

the top of my list is by far Henry Cejudo. calling out women fighters now? dude went from being a respectable fighter to King  cringe. something about being a champ makes ya lose your mind?

whats your #1? 

9 days ago
11/22/11

Hermes Franca 

9 days ago
11/9/17
At this point I am indifferent to all of them. I did like Joanna, such a talent but after the ATT move and seeing the regression meh, couldn't care less.
9 days ago
7/18/11

I’m really starting to dislike Nick Diaz. He pissed his career away and now I don’t even think he helps his brother prepare for fights. I attribute it all to him being an addict and it’s really fucking sad. 

9 days ago
2/29/16

Loved Randy back in the day. Picked him going into UFC 52 and again in 57. Then winning the belt at 68 was one of my favorite memories.

But him going against Dana and the UFC trying to get that Fedor fight really turned me on him.

I recall DFW saying something along the lines of "I respect Randy Couture as a fighter, I can't take nothing away from him. Randy Couture as a person, terrible. He's not Captain America. He's the furthest from it."

9 days ago
12/30/10
SickEye -

I’m really starting to dislike Nick Diaz. He pissed his career away and now I don’t even think he helps his brother prepare for fights. I attribute it all to him being an addict and it’s really fucking sad. 

Used to love nick diaz, now I cant stand when people bring him up as a viable option in fantasy match ups...dude has been done for a long time, give it up.

9 days ago
4/25/11

Used to love TJ Dillashaw. Now I think he is in the same boat as Jon Jones and Cyborg. Too bad. He also took friggin Ludwig with him. I liked him too. 

9 days ago
9/24/18

I dislike any fighter that was good pre-USADA, but turned to shit post-USADA

9 days ago
10/5/11

Nick Diaz is a good one. Conor a little bit too. Both just need to fight. 

9 days ago
11/20/09

Hate is a strong word for me. 

I used to really support Jon Jones, but that was many years ago before all his many fuck ups.  Now, l really would like to see him flatlined in the cage.

Diaz brothers are losing me as fans.  Nate talking about how he is the king of the 155lb division and doesn't need to fight Khabib, puh-lease.  That's not why I liked the Diaz brothers.  They would fight anyone anytime, but now Nate's making excuses, very lame ones at that.  I don't hate him and am still a fan, just not as big of a fan as I once was.

Was a huge fan of Rothwell, but the drug test make it hard to support him like I once did.  

Believe it or not there was a time when I was a fan of Ronda Rousey and supported her.  That was in her Strikeforce days and once she started calling out Cyborg but then moving down to 135, yet still talking from down there, that was really off putting.  Then her examples of pour sportsmanship in the ring and on tuf, that made me hate her.  She's the only one I'd say I hate.

9 days ago
11/20/09
SickEye - 

Wow, this somewhat surprises me.  Not that it's surprising Diaz bro's are losing fans, but of all the Diaz fans on this site, I always figured you were one of their biggest supporters, so seeing this post from you is somewhat surprising.  I get it though.

That might change this weekend with a solid performance by Nate.

9 days ago
11/20/09
Mandible_Claw - 

Loved Randy back in the day. Picked him going into UFC 52 and again in 57. Then winning the belt at 68 was one of my favorite memories.

But him going against Dana and the UFC trying to get that Fedor fight really turned me on him.

I recall DFW saying something along the lines of "I respect Randy Couture as a fighter, I can't take nothing away from him. Randy Couture as a person, terrible. He's not Captain America. He's the furthest from it."

This is an odd reason to hate on him.  I figured you could use like fan interaction, being a pre-madonna, the jerk off video, the Kim Couture, but hating on Randy for wanting to challenge himself by fighting the #1hw in the world, that just doesn't seem right.  

I applaud him for doing that.  Where we have guys like Mike Tyson and Floyd Mayweather who cherry pick their opponents, Randy wanted the challenge and there was no greater challenge than Fedor.

I don't fault UFC for not wanting to risk that fight.  If UFC's fighter Randy Couture loses to non UFC fighter Fedor, that's bad for the brand.  But to hate on Randy for wanting to test himself, he should be applauded for those efforts not shunned.

9 days ago
4/25/11
D241 -

Hate is a strong word for me. 

I used to really support Jon Jones, but that was many years ago before all his many fuck ups.  Now, l really would like to see him flatlined in the cage.

Diaz brothers are losing me as fans.  Nate talking about how he is the king of the 155lb division and doesn't need to fight Khabib, puh-lease.  That's not why I liked the Diaz brothers.  They would fight anyone anytime, but now Nate's making excuses, very lame ones at that.  I don't hate him and am still a fan, just not as big of a fan as I once was.

Was a huge fan of Rothwell, but the drug test make it hard to support him like I once did.  

Believe it or not there was a time when I was a fan of Ronda Rousey and supported her.  That was in her Strikeforce days and once she started calling out Cyborg but then moving down to 135, yet still talking from down there, that was really off putting.  Then her examples of pour sportsmanship in the ring and on tuf, that made me hate her.  She's the only one I'd say I hate.

Yes. 100%. I agree with your Honda assessment.

9 days ago
11/17/10
PelosiesPanties - At this point I am indifferent to all of them. I did like Joanna, such a talent but after the ATT move and seeing the regression meh, couldn't care less.

used to like joanna a lot until i saw her awful attitude on TUF

9 days ago
4/14/19

Clay Guida.  Was a total douche in person

9 days ago
12/7/10

Don't care for Demetrious Johnson.

Not a fan of Conor McGregor.

But I HATE Chael Sonnen.

Unequivocably. The biggest fraud in MMA. Started out great. Straight talking, no nonsense. But them real quickly dropped to a WWE wannabe and the King of All Talk No Action.

9 days ago
4/25/11
stainlesssteel -

Don't care for Demetrious Johnson.

Not a fan of Conor McGregor.

But I HATE Chael Sonnen.

Unequivocably. The biggest fraud in MMA. Started out great. Straight talking, no nonsense. But them real quickly dropped to a WWE wannabe and the King of All Talk No Action.

Chael is your mom's hall pass. You should lose your blue for such stupid utterances. You sir, make me sick.

9 days ago
1/1/01
Herb Dean
9 days ago
11/18/14

heath herring. loved that guy. then I spoke to him. frightening how you can change your mind so fast. all the best etc

9 days ago
1/1/01
Loved both Tito and Ronda when they hit the scene. But as with all fighters of that cut, the trash talk and arrogance gets old after a while... By the time they got their shit pushed in I was actively rooting against them.
9 days ago
3/10/12

Jon Jones, was genuinely happy for em when he beat Shogun for the the belt.

8 days ago
1/1/15

Matt Hughes

Hate would be too strong a word because I don't know him, but fuck that guy

8 days ago
10/14/17

Wouldn’t say I hate but it’s definitely Jon Jones. Dude is such a fake and delusional

8 days ago
5/29/19

It seems like most fighters that I don’t care for I ended up rooting for as they get older. 

I didn’t necessarily hate these guys but I usually hoped they lost — but now I’m really a big fan of all of them. 

Pettis/Chael/Edgar/Rory...I’m sure there are more

8 days ago
5/29/19

^

LOL I just realized I did this the wrong way.