UnderGround Forums Name a fighter you once liked but now hate

3 days ago
7/18/11
D241 -
SickEye - 

I’m really starting to dislike Nick Diaz. He pissed his career away and now I don’t even think he helps his brother prepare for fights. I attribute it all to him being an addict and it’s really fucking sad. 

Wow, this somewhat surprises me.  Not that it's surprising Diaz bro's are losing fans, but of all the Diaz fans on this site, I always figured you were one of their biggest supporters, so seeing this post from you is somewhat surprising.  I get it though.

That might change this weekend with a solid performance by Nate.

It’s Nick that’s disappointing, not Nate...he actually has his shit together. Sure he’s a little delusional about some things, but it’s just one of his quirks! He’s wasted a lot of time following in his brothers ‘victim mentality’ footsteps, but he’s still been training and doing the positive things as well. That’s why I don’t think ring rust will be a factor for him at all. 

Anyhow, I certainly don’t hate Nick, it’s just disappointing seeing the road he chose to take. 

3 days ago
2/15/06
Randy Coture
Chael Sonnen
Conor McGregor
3 days ago
3/25/16

I used to like Kamaru Usman a lot but then he started talking and now I think he's kind of retarded.

3 days ago
6/19/12
mindless optimism -

heath herring. loved that guy. then I spoke to him. frightening how you can change your mind so fast. all the best etc

Really? 

Heath was awesome with myself and my whole group of friends.  Had dinner in the same spot as him the night before Brock at UFC 87.   He was all class in the experience I had with him. 

3 days ago
5/26/14

Conor

3 days ago
3/19/04
Randy "The A Little Too Natural" Couture
3 days ago
1/1/01
mindless optimism - 

heath herring. loved that guy. then I spoke to him. frightening how you can change your mind so fast. all the best etc

what happened?
3 days ago
7/22/15

Jon Fuck You Bones Jones. Every day all day and even at night. 

3 days ago
2/29/16
D241 -
Mandible_Claw - 

Loved Randy back in the day. Picked him going into UFC 52 and again in 57. Then winning the belt at 68 was one of my favorite memories.

But him going against Dana and the UFC trying to get that Fedor fight really turned me on him.

I recall DFW saying something along the lines of "I respect Randy Couture as a fighter, I can't take nothing away from him. Randy Couture as a person, terrible. He's not Captain America. He's the furthest from it."

This is an odd reason to hate on him.  I figured you could use like fan interaction, being a pre-madonna, the jerk off video, the Kim Couture, but hating on Randy for wanting to challenge himself by fighting the #1hw in the world, that just doesn't seem right.  

I applaud him for doing that.  Where we have guys like Mike Tyson and Floyd Mayweather who cherry pick their opponents, Randy wanted the challenge and there was no greater challenge than Fedor.

I don't fault UFC for not wanting to risk that fight.  If UFC's fighter Randy Couture loses to non UFC fighter Fedor, that's bad for the brand.  But to hate on Randy for wanting to test himself, he should be applauded for those efforts not shunned.

Back during this era so many fans were either pro UFC or pro Pride.

The Fedor debates were exhausting.

For Randy to take the belt and leave like that, not honoring his contract,  made me lose a lot of respect for him.

Then he comes back and gets smashed by Lesnar. It was poetic.

3 days ago
9/24/09

Cyborg.  

I was a huge huge fan now couldn’t give a shit what she does. She made her bones destroying soccer moms and as soon as someone came along that get the best of her she fled the UFC. Her BF is a clown who used her for his own gains and destroyed her career as well. Shame on her for letting him.  And shame on her for thinking anyone cares about her next move after she ran from the only fight people care about. You want us to support you while you go back to beating up soccer moms ? Get the fuck out of here. I’m done as a fan of hers. 

3 days ago
3/13/02

BJ Penn 

3 days ago
10/5/11
Wiggy -
mindless optimism - 

what happened?

Thats really surprising to me. My first day of training ever was in like 2003 or so. I get my gi on and the instructor points at me and says "you go with Heath". I was star struck. I could not believe how cool he was. I was like 110 pounds and he was totally cool with helping out a complete beginner. He was the nicest guy ever. 

3 days ago
1/1/01
Jon Jones, He's the most fake fighter ever
3 days ago
12/10/08

I gotta agree with the other Jon Jones haters. I still remember watching his first ufc undercard fight back in the day. I really liked the guy back then. Now? Not so much.

Edited: 3 days ago
5/8/19

Matt Hughs. After hearing how he's treated his wife and family....he's not the person i thought he was. 

3 days ago
3/26/13

Jon Jones, Johny Hendricks, Ronda

3 days ago
11/20/09
Mandible_Claw - 
D241 -
Mandible_Claw - 

Loved Randy back in the day. Picked him going into UFC 52 and again in 57. Then winning the belt at 68 was one of my favorite memories.

But him going against Dana and the UFC trying to get that Fedor fight really turned me on him.

I recall DFW saying something along the lines of "I respect Randy Couture as a fighter, I can't take nothing away from him. Randy Couture as a person, terrible. He's not Captain America. He's the furthest from it."

This is an odd reason to hate on him.  I figured you could use like fan interaction, being a pre-madonna, the jerk off video, the Kim Couture, but hating on Randy for wanting to challenge himself by fighting the #1hw in the world, that just doesn't seem right.  

I applaud him for doing that.  Where we have guys like Mike Tyson and Floyd Mayweather who cherry pick their opponents, Randy wanted the challenge and there was no greater challenge than Fedor.

I don't fault UFC for not wanting to risk that fight.  If UFC's fighter Randy Couture loses to non UFC fighter Fedor, that's bad for the brand.  But to hate on Randy for wanting to test himself, he should be applauded for those efforts not shunned.

Back during this era so many fans were either pro UFC or pro Pride.

The Fedor debates were exhausting.

For Randy to take the belt and leave like that, not honoring his contract,  made me lose a lot of respect for him.

Then he comes back and gets smashed by Lesnar. It was poetic.

I don't know what UFC vs Pride fans have to do with anything.

Fedor debates could be exhausting, but how you pin that on Randy Couture is beyond me.

Randy didn't take the belt and leave.  The issue was Randy's contract specifically that the contract was too grey in it's wording that he(Randy) had to fight a certain number of fights or be under contract a certain length of time.  Randy's side was that the length of time was met, but UFC's side was that he hadn't fulfilled the # of fights.

Randy was going to take UFC to court and did but started losing tons of money on lawyers and realized UFC was going to as well as had the means, to drag it out as long as possible, financially draining Randy and taking him out the fight game in the process.  I can't fault either party, UFC was protecting it's investment and Randy was trying to get paid and raise his status as well.  It was just a shitty situation that protected the UFC, hurt Randy and hurt the fans as we didn't get to see Fedor vs Randy.

3 days ago
11/20/09

It's quite literally don't hate the player hate the game.  It's not UFC's fault they wanted to protect their investment.  It's not Randy's fault he couldn't fight Fedor.  It's just how the game is/was at the time.

3 days ago
5/8/13
S Dubaya -

Cyborg.  

I was a huge huge fan now couldn’t give a shit what she does. She made her bones destroying soccer moms and as soon as someone came along that get the best of her she fled the UFC. Her BF is a clown who used her for his own gains and destroyed her career as well. Shame on her for letting him.  And shame on her for thinking anyone cares about her next move after she ran from the only fight people care about. You want us to support you while you go back to beating up soccer moms ? Get the fuck out of here. I’m done as a fan of hers. 

You said it better than I could, I agree with every detail of that post.  

3 days ago
10/26/05

Can't say I'm emotionally invested enough in any fighter to hate them. That's some psycho shit. 

3 days ago
5/8/13

I was a Conor fan at first, now I still tune in, but find myself rooting against him. I liked Ronda at first too. Liked frank mir, then hated him, but I like him again especially after seeing him with his daughter Bella training...  hate is a strong word tho I can’t say I have genuine hate for anyone I don’t know...

3 days ago
11/19/09
mindless optimism -

What did Herring do? I always liked that guy a lot

hermes franca, wasn’t a big fan but turns out he’s a piece of shit

nick diaz. Definitely the biggest waste of talent and cry babies around

3 days ago
3/16/15

Randy Couture.

Scumbag.

3 days ago
7/16/13

Adesanya is wearing on me a bit. 

3 days ago
12/4/06

I wouldn’t say hate, but I used to be a huge Rampage fan. Not anymore.