UnderGround Forums Nate Diaz about to get paid

6 days ago
2/28/13

6 days ago
2/28/13

Miami Herald falsely reported a story about Nate Diaz being involved in a domestic violence dispute and altercation with the police 

6 days ago
1/3/20

Good! Fuck the media! 

6 days ago
8/20/03
KaiTangata - 

Good! Fuck the media! 

This.

6 days ago
3/13/18

Pretty funny actually, the connection being the fighter's last name is "Nates":

https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/fighting/article240223681.html

6 days ago
11/21/05

Haha, I love it when this shit backfires on the media and he 100% should go for every penny he can its the only thing they care about.

For example here in the UK this week all the media went full retard on a guy who contracted Corona Virus calling his a super spreader making out he was out to spread it on purpose.

Turns out the instant he found out he phoned the hotline and went in to quarantine immediately, the media knew it was all made up but rolled with it because it sold headlines regardless of how badly they intended to ruin this man's life.

6 days ago
12/28/14

MSM has just gotten pitiful.

What happened to getting multiple independant sources before reporting?

News outlets need to be held responsible and sued out the ass every single time this happens.

6 days ago
11/28/03

In an initial version of this story, the Miami Herald incorrectly reported that mixed martial arts superstar Nate Diaz had been arrested in a domestic-violence case. The Herald apologizes for the error.

A mixed martial arts fighter has been hospitalized after he attacked Miami cops at a police station, the Miami Herald has learned.

The man had been arrested in a domestic-violence case, and was taken to the police station. He attacked officers after his handcuffs were taken off, Miami Police Chief Jorge Colina said.

"It took quite a few officers to hold him down," Miami Police Chief Jorge Colina told the Miami Herald.

so they just got the name wrong?

6 days ago
4/21/12

This is the photo Tapology has for Michael Nates (2-2) who is *possibly* *allegedly* *maybe* the guy who *might* have been involved in an *alleged* domestic violence incident and *might have* attacked some police.

According to Tapology, this guy's last MMA fight was in 2012. I guess once you're a fighter you're always a fighter. (*allegedly*)

6 days ago
12/17/19

That's what the media is for. They bully & shame while at the same time telling you its wrong to bully & shame. All media does this without exception. 

Edited: 6 days ago
12/10/09

Not really. He'll get paid nothing for this. 

As much as this incompetent BS isn't fair to him, he'd have to prove malicious intent. That the reporter/paper knew it wasn't true but printed it anyway. I think we all know that isn't what happened here, it's mistaken identity. It's different than a case like the Sandmann kid, where they had no reason to believe he was doing anything they reported and decided to create a fictional story. 

6 days ago
12/10/09
Tug Dabone -

This is the photo Tapology has for Michael Nates (2-2) who is *possibly* *allegedly* *maybe* the guy who *might* have been involved in an *alleged* domestic violence incident and *might have* attacked some police.

According to Tapology, this guy's last MMA fight was in 2012. I guess once you're a fighter you're always a fighter. (*allegedly*)

Yea, you could have done your free week of training at a gym, gotten the t-shirt and never returned; They'd still use that to say an "MMA fighter" was involved in a crime. It's sensational. 

6 days ago
10/14/10

6 days ago
5/3/03

Ridiculous. 
   Back in my day, fools got fired for mistakes like that.

6 days ago
12/31/09
Tug Dabone -

The police would not except his fighter lifestyle?

6 days ago
11/16/09
fade2007 -

MSM has just gotten pitiful.

What happened to getting multiple independant sources before reporting?

News outlets need to be held responsible and sued out the ass every single time this happens.

Social media happened.

They need to be first, to generate the clicks, to generate the ad revenue. Or else some 14 year old on twitter will report it, and it does the same thing.

6 days ago
1/12/07

Maybe McGregor tipped them off to take the heat away from him.

5 days ago
11/5/19

If people got paid every time media made an error, or false report, there would be no more media.

And trump would be a trillionaire

5 days ago
1/1/01

Miami Herald, you're taking everything I worked for motherfucker!  I'm gonna sue your ass!  

5 days ago
7/31/09
Tug Dabone -

If you had 1 amateur fight the media will fall you a blood sport cage fighter.

5 days ago
8/22/14
scrapdo -

As much as this incompetent BS isn't fair to him, he'd have to prove malicious intent. That the reporter/paper knew it wasn't true but printed it anyway. I think we all know that isn't what happened here, it's mistaken identity. It's different than a case like the Sandmann kid, where they had no reason to believe he was doing anything they reported and decided to create a fictional story. 

It sounds like you know what you're talking about so I'll ask you, is that true ?

Is that pretty much the only criteria for the media to get any kind of repremand ?

If so that's shit and it's no wonder the media is such a shit show these day's. 

It seems like  there should be some punishment for flagrant recklessness. 

That would not have been the most difficult thing to get right and fact check 100%.

They should have to prove they did everything within reason to get the facts right. 

The burden of proving they were innocent should be on them. They fucked up. Innocent until proven guilty should no longer apply.   It's like if a cop pulled you over for speeding.  You can't I'm not paying that. Prove it in court !  You would have to go to court and prove that you weren't speeding with a dash cam or witness/s ect .  Not the other way around. 

If the situation is something like.  We were talking to our correspondent and the phone line was a bit shaky.  All i heard was crackle crackle Nate crackle crackle MMA...    Those fuckers should be 100% held accountable.    That shit is lible ( I think it's spelt)  straight up.

If there isn't a law against irresponsible journalism then there should be.  No?

5 days ago
12/10/09
bungee up -
scrapdo -

It sounds like you know what you're talking about so I'll ask you, is that true ?

Is that pretty much the only criteria for the media to get any kind of repremand ?

That would not have been the most difficult thing to get right and fact check 100%.

They should have to prove they did everything within reason to get the facts right. 

The burden of proving they were innocent should be on them. They fucked up. Innocent until proven guilty should no longer apply.   It's like if a cop pulled you over for speeding.  You can't I'm not paying that. Prove it in court !  You would have to go to court and prove that you weren't speeding with a dash cam or witness/s ect .  Not the other way around. 

If the situation is something like.  We were talking to our correspondent and the phone line was a bit shaky.  All i heard was crackle crackle Nate crackle crackle MMA...    Those fuckers should be 100% held accountable.    That shit is lible ( I think it's spelt)  straight up.

If there isn't a law against irresponsible journalism then there should be.  No?

Should be, sure. But the devil's advocate would say if we punish too harshly those who get stories wrong, they may stop reporting on those with the power to sue. I think our best bet would be to ostracize the entities that pull shit like this. But it's been going on since the beginning of time. 

5 days ago
10/14/10
bungee up -
scrapdo -

Not the best example, but...

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bollea_v._Gawker

5 days ago
11/4/10

Fucking gross. They just throw anything against the wall without even a simple fact check now. Click bait bullshit. 

5 days ago
9/14/17
Kings21 -
Tug Dabone -

If you had 1 amateur fight the media will fall you a blood sport cage fighter.

Of course they will.

Just ask Uncle Joe - he knows all about this.

(Couldn't help myself...)