UnderGround Forums Nate Diaz says: "F*** a rematch"

6 days ago
6/14/12
Liyon -
Osbot - 
Gohan blanco -
steak and chicken -

He is a tough kid there is no doubt, he also appeals to the wannabe street types (white kids raised in the burbs who started rocking whatever was gangsta at the time)

He was never a world beater, neither was his brother, they were durable enough to get beat on and throw gang signs like they were actually ghetto. But reality was they were just kids who hot into BJJ and MMA at the right time and were tough.

Nate never had the skills to make millions, he was a journey man, half the guys he lost to are nowhere now, connor made him.

Nick was the same, he got GSP who made him and gave him a super fight

People dont watch them for their skills, they watch for their antics, 

Never a world beater?  He gave Conor his first loss.  Conor then went on to become a 2 division champ.  

Pettis

conor

cerrone 

respect those wins 

You're aware that many people in the MMA fandom, never considered Conor a legitimately tested champion. Ceronne has never been world class, he's a gatekeeper at best. Pettis is long past his best.

The Diaz Brothers are the definition of gatekeepers/journeymen. On their day, that can compete with a specific skillset, but the have never been anywhere near the top of their divisions in a realistic way. At any point in their careers, you could name half a dozen guys that would be favored over them, at minimum.

Explain, logically, and rationally, why you think Nate is a world beater? Or was a world beater? Conor was literally the ideal opponent for Nate. Someone who can't wrestle, who has a suspect gas tank, and relies strictly on striking. Which is the absolute perfect matchup for the Diaz brothers, who are durable, with good gas tanks, who get shit slammed by wrestlers who wrestle.

I think people are confusing "world-class" with "world-beater". Is Nate world-class, absolutely. Is he a world-beater, no.

He's the perfect example of a guy who on any given day can win or lose a fight against the best in the world. That makes him world-class. The fact that he's not sniffing or has ever been close to sniffing a championship means he's not a world-beater.

He fought for a world  title. 

6 days ago
5/5/12

The Diaz Bros are world class fighters when their opponents just stand in front of them and bang. Anything else guys do while fighting them, like use footwork and angles to strike, throw leg kicks, or wrestle is somehow cheating or using “loop holes”(???).

6 days ago
9/16/05
EKPOGI -
Vegito Blue -
NatesEyelid -

I don't want to see a rematch

Nate’s one of my favorite fighters but a rematch makes no sense. He got wrecked all 3 rounds in every form of MMA there is 

True he got wrecked,but Stipe got KO'd within a round and got a rematch.Im sure there are more examples,like Rampage getting to fight Wand who has KO'd him twice.Jeremy Horn finished Chael twice,and got finished for a third time in the UFC.

You, my friend.. 

Are probably one of the last survivors that remembers Jeremy Horns' name.

Do you remember IFC Global Domination?

Horn retired a Rusian, ko'd Forest, and gave Babalu a rough fight that night.

I was there.  Cornering the first guy I managed on his pro debut.

What Horn did to the Russian scared me (and he was so nice and caring about it.)

6 days ago
9/16/05

I also remember the time Raphael Assuncao beat Jorge.

Raphi is fighting 35lbs lighter than BMF Jorge.

For years he fought much bigger guys.

Maybe Dana should make tbmfoa title for a guy that has beat the bmf guy ( who's 3 weight classes up) and some former champions in his weight class.

6 days ago
9/16/05

Bmfoat for those bad at acronyms.

6 days ago
11/20/08
Fedorsgoathatsfinal -
steak and chicken -
Fedorsgoathatsfinal -

I don’t think these casuals know what journeyman means. This site has gone to shit. Beats two former champs in his last 3 fights, not a world beater, give me a break. Lol 

Ok 19er, I dont think you know what it means

Nate's no scrub, Jorge is no scrub, but they are gate keepers at best, tough as nails but will never sniff a title

These casuals on here wow. Yeah since my name says 19 that means I started watching mma in 19. 

Lol casuals, if you only knew, but keep waving your dick with that word.

on a side note your name does not suggest a 19, unless you are a history buff.

either way Nate and Masvidal are never going to be champions, very good, very tough but in the game forever and too many losses between them to other men who were journey men, Masvidal you can argue he has improved and he has IMO but he still has weaknesses at the top level, Askren got caught but the second he fights Colby or Usman or Edwards he gets beat down just like both Diaz bro’s do when they fight a wrestler

6 days ago
4/6/12
steak and chicken -
Fedorsgoathatsfinal -
steak and chicken -
Fedorsgoathatsfinal -

I don’t think these casuals know what journeyman means. This site has gone to shit. Beats two former champs in his last 3 fights, not a world beater, give me a break. Lol 

Ok 19er, I dont think you know what it means

Nate's no scrub, Jorge is no scrub, but they are gate keepers at best, tough as nails but will never sniff a title

These casuals on here wow. Yeah since my name says 19 that means I started watching mma in 19. 

Lol casuals, if you only knew, but keep waving your dick with that word.

on a side note your name does not suggest a 19, unless you are a history buff.

either way Nate and Masvidal are never going to be champions, very good, very tough but in the game forever and too many losses between them to other men who were journey men, Masvidal you can argue he has improved and he has IMO but he still has weaknesses at the top level, Askren got caught but the second he fights Colby or Usman or Edwards he gets beat down just like both Diaz bro’s do when they fight a wrestler

Masvidal could pull off a Robbie Lawler type resurgence. They have had similar trajectories, and what Jorge is doing now is a bit similar to Robbie’s post-Strikeforce UFC run.

6 days ago
7/27/04
TheFurious1 -
EKPOGI -
Vegito Blue -
NatesEyelid -

I don't want to see a rematch

Nate’s one of my favorite fighters but a rematch makes no sense. He got wrecked all 3 rounds in every form of MMA there is 

True he got wrecked,but Stipe got KO'd within a round and got a rematch.Im sure there are more examples,like Rampage getting to fight Wand who has KO'd him twice.Jeremy Horn finished Chael twice,and got finished for a third time in the UFC.

You, my friend.. 

Are probably one of the last survivors that remembers Jeremy Horns' name.

Do you remember IFC Global Domination?

Horn retired a Rusian, ko'd Forest, and gave Babalu a rough fight that night.

I was there.  Cornering the first guy I managed on his pro debut.

What Horn did to the Russian scared me (and he was so nice and caring about it.)

Horn's the man.But Babalu's epic performance that imo is the greatest achievement in MMA.one night tournament,3 x 5 rounds,took out Trevor Prangley, submitted Shogun decisioned Horn.iirc he lost a family member not too long before that tournament.

Also back to Horn,his armbar of Chael in the UFC was fucking awesome.I remember trying to do it in training asap.

Edited: 6 days ago
7/27/04

Also his armtriangle from the bottom to put Chuck Liddell to sleep.

Giving Frank Shamrock hell too for his UFC debut

5 days ago
11/20/05
I don't think a rematch was called for. It was a blowout.