UnderGround Forums Nate sparring with 22-0 Regis Prograis

9/12/18 9:26 PM
10/24/14
boxing wiz -
VladimirPoopin -
Lucas Maximus -

"Great sparring" and the looks on their faces means "it was a good workout boxing him up all over the ring"

I think some people are delusional when it comes to boxers. Several UFC fighters can compete with some of the best in boxing.

Its a lot more competitive than you think 

There is not one fighter in the UFC that could compete with any of the best boxers in their weight.

True but if it is anyone it’s Nate. Just for the fact that he regularly boxes against legit guys. He trains boxing properly against actual boxers, he’s the real deal.

9/13/18 3:38 AM
1/10/13

I trained with a ABF National Champion and a California G.G champion who fought twice in both the GG and ABF nationals, it didnt mean I could fight at that level. Nate has trained with legit boxers long enough to hold his own in the ring. But he lacks the hand and foot speed needed to fight at the higher levels. I'm sure a promoter could properly match him and build a nice record. Even the journeymen who are stepping stones for the contenders and future champions would be too much for him in a real 8 or 10 round fight.

9/13/18 3:46 AM
7/12/15
knot eye -
MMA Playwright -

Prograis must be heavyweight champ. He looks about 225 lbs., standing next to the 300 lb. Nate.  

Lol at Nate being anywhere near 3 bills in that pic!

He only bulked up to that weight to fight Conor. His next fight is at 155.

this is sad

9/13/18 3:53 AM
4/2/17

Animal

9/13/18 3:55 AM
1/23/06
Jiujitsu guy - 

Animal

thanks.
9/13/18 2:57 PM
7/27/04
boxing wiz -

I trained with a ABF National Champion and a California G.G champion who fought twice in both the GG and ABF nationals, it didnt mean I could fight at that level. Nate has trained with legit boxers long enough to hold his own in the ring. But he lacks the hand and foot speed needed to fight at the higher levels. I'm sure a promoter could properly match him and build a nice record. Even the journeymen who are stepping stones for the contenders and future champions would be too much for him in a real 8 or 10 round fight.

You're comparing yourself to Nate?

9/13/18 5:57 PM
1/10/13
EKPOGI -
boxing wiz -

Not at all. I love Nate, the dude is as tough as anyone in mma or boxing. I think people overestimate Nate's boxingg because they hear that he's trained with some big names, and that isn't the case. Andre Ward is an all time great, so of course Nate is at his level. I'm sure Nate takes everything the boxers throw at him and keeps pressing. He's obviously learned about distance from his fights with Conor. He began each fight trying to pull back when Conor was throwing. Nate then switched it up and would step in instead smother Conor's attacks and force him to reset. He has some good understanding of boxing. But he is nowhere close to the levels of Ward, Prograis or even someone like Omar Henry who was giving Nick some rounds years back before he passed away.  I tend to struggle to express my thought or feelings when typing here or when texting. I would never try to compare myself to Nate. I'd never disrespect him, the guy is of my favorite mma fighters. I hope that's not what you took from my post

9/13/18 6:59 PM
9/7/04
boxing wiz -
EKPOGI -
boxing wiz -

Not at all. I love Nate, the dude is as tough as anyone in mma or boxing. I think people overestimate Nate's boxingg because they hear that he's trained with some big names, and that isn't the case. Andre Ward is an all time great, so of course Nate is at his level. I'm sure Nate takes everything the boxers throw at him and keeps pressing. He's obviously learned about distance from his fights with Conor. He began each fight trying to pull back when Conor was throwing. Nate then switched it up and would step in instead smother Conor's attacks and force him to reset. He has some good understanding of boxing. But he is nowhere close to the levels of Ward, Prograis or even someone like Omar Henry who was giving Nick some rounds years back before he passed away.  I tend to struggle to express my thought or feelings when typing here or when texting. I would never try to compare myself to Nate. I'd never disrespect him, the guy is of my favorite mma fighters. I hope that's not what you took from my post

So if I’m reading this correctly, you think you could kick Nate’s ass in a street fight?

9/13/18 7:27 PM
10/24/14
MMA Playwright -
boxing wiz -
EKPOGI -
boxing wiz -

So if I’m reading this correctly, you think you could kick Nate’s ass in a street fight?

Haha classic ug 

9/13/18 8:58 PM
10/4/15
CRE -

#1 seed for the next WBSS

His baby mama is 100 percent a dude 

common man, that’s a man 

Edited: 9/13/18 9:00 PM
9/19/13

Nate has a great style to be a great boxer. Maybe even one of the greats.

9/13/18 9:23 PM
1/10/13
MMA Playwright -
boxing wiz -
EKPOGI -
boxing wiz -

Exactly!

9/14/18 12:19 AM
2/15/06
Stin - 
CMFanforlife -

Wonder what would happen to Nate if he didn’t have the height and reach advantage ? 

I wonder what would happen if I had hooves instead of feet?

You would save money on shoes.
Edited: 9/14/18 12:35 AM
1/23/06
MMA Newbie - 
CRE -

#1 seed for the next WBSS

His baby mama is 100 percent a dude 

common man, that’s a man 

That's probably his mom you asshole..

9/14/18 2:59 AM
11/11/15
VladimirPoopin -
Lucas Maximus -

"Great sparring" and the looks on their faces means "it was a good workout boxing him up all over the ring"

I think some people are delusional when it comes to boxers. Several UFC fighters can compete with some of the best in boxing.

Haha, name them and who they compete with. Hilarious comment. 

9/14/18 3:02 AM
11/11/15
stringtheory -
boxing wiz -
VladimirPoopin -
Lucas Maximus -

There is not one fighter in the UFC that could compete with any of the best boxers in their weight.

True but if it is anyone it’s Nate. Just for the fact that he regularly boxes against legit guys. He trains boxing properly against actual boxers, he’s the real deal.

If Nate is the only one then that doesn’t bode well for UFC fighters boxing then. 

9/14/18 3:04 AM
11/11/15
EKPOGI -
boxing wiz -

It’s not hard to see what he’s saying. 

If the only argument is that “Nate spars with champs” that doesn’t mean much as you have no idea if he’s getting his hands whooped. 

What we do know is that Nate doesn’t display any of the technical toolsets the best boxers have outside of punching volume. 

Heck Nate isn’t even the best boxer in the UFC FFS. 

9/14/18 3:06 AM
11/11/15
oranos -

Nate has a great style to be a great boxer. Maybe even one of the greats.

The UG is a weird old place. 

9/14/18 7:15 AM
10/25/05

Andre Ward has said he felt bot Diaz brothers could be competitive in boxing. They wouldn't be champs, but they could be competitive. I have no reason not to believe him  

9/14/18 7:42 AM
7/2/07
Conor trains with Danis
9/14/18 7:49 AM
1/1/01
MMA Playwright -

Prograis must be heavyweight champ. He looks about 225 lbs., standing next to the 300 lb. Nate.  

You're an idiot.

Nate had to weigh in under 200lbs for the Conor fight, no way he would get that heavy.

9/14/18 8:36 AM
5/8/16
Lucas Maximus -

THats not the look i read.. but im not a fighter like YOU

9/14/18 8:37 AM
5/8/16
tryonmytoupee -
MMA Playwright -

You're an idiot.

Nate had to weigh in under 200lbs for the Conor fight, no way he would get that heavy.

Your a real fucking idiot.. u must have no friends or social skills to understand he is joking 

9/14/18 8:54 AM
4/27/16
knot eye -
MMA Playwright -

Lol at Nate being anywhere near 3 bills in that pic!

He only bulked up to that weight to fight Conor. His next fight is at 155.

True. 

Nate's probably down to around 250 in this pic, nowhere near the size he was for the Conor fights. 

9/14/18 9:13 AM
7/15/04