UnderGround Forums Nobody’s “passing” on silva lol

11/26/20 9:37 AM
10/24/14

They just can’t pay him the asking price it’s quite simple. You really think bellator who let 200 year old Chuck Liddell fight don’t fancy signing him? they would love to have him. Anderson’s team are clearly asking for ridiculous money and these orgs can’t afford him.  

11/26/20 9:40 AM
10/24/14

People really think all these orgs have suddenly grown a moral compass. They would all snap him up if they could, it’s business and he is great for business. Just too expensive it seems. 

11/26/20 9:46 AM
1/3/20

Well that settles that... Next! 

11/26/20 9:47 AM
2/28/14

Chuck Liddell never fought in Bellator.

You are literally retarded.

11/26/20 9:48 AM
7/14/16
Agree with OP on nobody's passing. LOL at OP for forgetting about Golden Boy MMA.
11/26/20 9:53 AM
7/14/16
Anyway, all this shit has been kind of annoying to me. It's not like Anderson is on some waiver wire and if enough promotions "pass" on him he will end up fighting on street beefs or something.

People are acting like he has to have a contract right now, or never. He will have some time off, his managers will manage, and they will find the right deal to get him another fight if he wants it. Even someone who "passed" on him will have a card that needs a name. A fighter that needs a stepping stone to build a name.

At that point, Anderson will come back and either play spoiler to a young career, have an over the hill battle with another aging vet, or get destroyed and restart this entire discussion.

However it comes out, these clickbait articles are more sad than Anderson thinking it's a technical mistake and not age catching him. He said the Weidman KO was do to a misplaced step and footwork error. If he does come back, I hope someone in his camp convinces him it's time to stop relying on speed and reflexes he doesn't quite have anymore.
11/26/20 9:54 AM
1/1/01
I'm not disappointed regardless.

His legacy is established as one of the GOATs but these losses aren't helping.

Please stop.
Edited: 11/26/20 10:10 AM
5/30/10

Andersons been blackballed. He brought this on himself with his dodgy fighting, losing record, peds, and thinking he's worth Anderson Silva money.  Don't care to ever see him fight again.

11/26/20 11:31 AM
1/1/01
stringtheory - 

They just can’t pay him the asking price it’s quite simple. You really think bellator who let 200 year old Chuck Liddell fight don’t fancy signing him? they would love to have him. Anderson’s team are clearly asking for ridiculous money and these orgs can’t afford him.  

If by Bellator MMA you mean

De La Hoya:I paid GGG millions to save Canelo bout

Dana White is not impressed with Oscar De La Hoya - The Underground : The Underground

then you are absolutely correct.

Further, I don't believe Silva's management has even been reaching out. The orgs are passing pre emptively. Concussion is a thing now. 

11/26/20 11:41 AM
8/6/06

Uhm bullshit Bellator, PFL, and One "can't" pay the asking price.

11/26/20 11:47 AM
1/1/01

Anderson’s brand is damaged from losing his 8 fights.

Somebody tell Ed.

11/26/20 12:10 PM
4/22/07

I can "pass" on an overpriced, expired steak. 

11/26/20 12:11 PM
8/29/07
He was making around $600,000 for his last UFC fights. Im guessing hes asking for 1 million per fight
11/26/20 12:17 PM
8/29/07
Gennady Goblin - 

You are the retard. Chuck actually fought in Golden Boy Productions. But Bellator still signed 50 year old Ken Shamrock, and Royce Gracie. So OP's point is still in tact. You are the real dumb son of a bitch here
Edited: 11/26/20 12:50 PM
9/24/09
stringtheory -

Chuck never fought for Bellator.  I believe he would fight for a lot less than UFC is paying him. I think none of them want the bad press that would come with signing him so they are all passing for PR reasons. Anyone that signed him would be criticized for endangering his life by letting him continue to fight.  

Edited: 11/26/20 12:58 PM
9/24/09
Mynameisburns -
Gennady Goblin - 

You are the retard. Chuck actually fought in Golden Boy Productions. But Bellator still signed 50 year old Ken Shamrock, and Royce Gracie. So OP's point is still in tact. You are the real dumb son of a bitch here

OP’s point is not intact. He made an inaccurate statement about Chuck Liddell and he was wrong. Chuck and Anderson were both let go by the UFC because the UFC wanted to protect them from further damage to their health. It’s a different circumstance from Shamrock. If Shamrock and Gracie had been let go from the UFC for getting knocked out repeatedly in fights and then soon after Bellator signed them your point would be valid.  But your point is not valid. The issue isn’t age. The issue is health concerns. Stop calling people “dumb”. You aren’t the sharpest tool either. 

11/26/20 12:55 PM
1/12/10
stringtheory - 

"these orgs can't afford him"

or

"he's asking too much" ?

Pricing yourself out of the market isn't necessarily business-genius
11/26/20 1:01 PM
8/1/07
stringtheory - 

They dont want to pay his asking price so the are passing on him.
11/26/20 1:08 PM
10/14/12
stringtheory - 

Chuck never fought in Bellator!

Just kidding with this post, thought Id add the other tards who dont read the thread and keep repeating this!
11/26/20 1:28 PM
4/22/07
Mynameisburns -
Gennady Goblin - 

You should stop hurting people's feelings!

11/26/20 7:02 PM
10/24/14
SuperFightFan -
stringtheory - 

Chuck never fought in Bellator!

Just kidding with this post, thought Id add the other tards who dont read the thread and keep repeating this!

Haha yeah my bad I’m not sure how I forgot about golden boy MMA, it’s all coming back to me now. I just assumed bellator because they love letting the oldies go at it haha.

11/26/20 7:16 PM
4/19/09

A genuine ' league" or LEgends league would be good fun. Shorter rounds, more protection even like, padded sparring. woudl be great ofr techniques ot be learned and see the old legends in action.

11/26/20 7:39 PM
8/6/06
Ghengiseanie -

A genuine ' league" or LEgends league would be good fun. Shorter rounds, more protection even like, padded sparring. woudl be great ofr techniques ot be learned and see the old legends in action.

Sure, if these legends would acknowledge the depreciation of their monetary value. Nobody is gonna pay 45 year old Anderson Silva "Anderson Silva money". That's not because "they can't".

11/28/20 12:37 AM
7/19/10

At this time I am announcing that I am passing on the McLaren F1 (18-20 million dollar car)

11/28/20 1:31 AM
12/30/03

There isn't much chance for a ROI with Silva. He fought everybody during his prime.