UnderGround Forums Not a racist - but any truth to this ?

Edited: 6 days ago
2/24/19

I was talking the other day at the gym with my buddy, Ishmael. Handsome black guy, terrific shape for 70 years old, very intelligent and a great guy. We were on treadmills next to each other and ESPN was on talking about the NBA draft. Out of nowhere, he asks me if I know why black guys are in general superior athletes in the  USA but black women not so much. I think it’s a joke so I say “Why?”. He explains to me that during slavery the owners would selectively breed the strongest, most athletic guys to the most beautiful women. The women they would try to produce light skinned, petite girls. This went on for generations according to him. The idea being in his word “ a fine, strong young buck was worth more money so was a fine looking high yellow sister.”  I was taken aback because I had never read or heard of this. Found very little on the net as much of what went on then has been scrubbed or was never on there to begin with. Ish told me that it’s common knowledge among blacks and that his football buddies in college used to laugh about it. Is this really a thing? Did they do eugenics in slave days or was Ish just putting one over on the gullible old white guy? 

6 days ago
1/1/01
If you were breeding anything...Dogs, Birds, sheep, people, or whatever.

You would for sure breed those which possessed the best attributes for what you are raising them to do. i.e. hard work in this case.

Seems logical. Have heard about this since elementary school in the 60s-70s.
6 days ago
10/9/10

Yeah this definitely happened. Not only because I’ve read it many times, but because it’s also logical.

6 days ago
11/10/18

Have you lived under a rock your whole life? These are well known facts. 

1/1/01
Would Jones still be strong on plow without picograms?
6 days ago
11/26/07
Ask Jimmy the Greek
6 days ago
11/28/03

got frozen on sherdog for mentioning this fact

6 days ago
2/24/19

No, have not lived under a rock... are these well known facts or just stories passed down? I can not find any reputable documentation. It does make sense though. 

6 days ago
5/31/16

If that's the truth, then why do West African's look similar?

6 days ago
1/1/01
I was talking to my buddy Dennis the other day and he told me a really interesting theory or the Moors and Sicillians too, hes not a racist either..
6 days ago
3/29/19

How the fuck have you never heard of this?

You are full of shit.

6 days ago
4/10/03
ranier wolfcastle - 

got frozen on sherdog for mentioning this fact

Are you fucking kidding? LOL.
2/24/19

Let me rephrase - I remember Jimmy the Greek and his comments, but always thought this was an old wives tale and never had discussed it with a black guy. You have to realize that where I live is so white that I never even went to school with anyone black until high school and then there were only three out of about 700 total. Not because of segregation so much as there were just very few black folks who lived here. The little town I live in had about 3 black families total up until about 5 - 6 years ago. We had one Korean in our school but he was adopted as a baby. The subject just never came up much. I just looked it up. As of the last census Milton, WV is 97.4 percent white, .3 percent black, .4 percent Native American, .2 percent Asian and 1.7 percent other or mixed. I am not “full of shit” just ignorant and it is no sin to try to become less ignorant. 

6 days ago
8/14/12

Seems obvious it would be true. I’ve heard this my whole life in serious and joking situations idk how you haven’t 

6 days ago
7/30/03

Was your story an attempt to explain why black guys are great athletes but black women are not?

Thats pretty dumb if you ask me.

6 days ago
6/29/09
Plenty of records and journals survived from that era. Has anyone ever seen such a record?
6 days ago
4/16/11
HYBRID JON - I was talking to my buddy Dennis the other day and he told me a really interesting theory or the Moors and Sicillians too, hes not a racist either..

Hahahahaha yessssss thumbs up for you sir

6 days ago
5/11/05

Thread needs pics of fine looking high yellow sisters

6 days ago
11/10/18
Rakoshi -

Let me rephrase - I remember Jimmy the Greek and his comments, but always thought this was an old wives tale and never had discussed it with a black guy. You have to realize that where I live is so white that I never even went to school with anyone black until high school and then there were only three out of about 700 total. Not because of segregation so much as there were just very few black folks who lived here. The little town I live in had about 3 black families total up until about 5 - 6 years ago. We had one Korean in our school but he was adopted as a baby. The subject just never came up much. I just looked it up. As of the last census Milton, WV is 97.4 percent white, .3 percent black, .4 percent Native American, .2 percent Asian and 1.7 percent other or mixed. I am not “full of shit” just ignorant and it is no sin to try to become less ignorant. 

I’m from WV too and I’ve heard this shit my entire life. I think you’re full of shit. You’re also about 10 minutes from Huntington and no one in Milton has ever seen a black person? Lol

6 days ago
4/19/09
Eskimo -

No shit, I always thought this was common knowledge. I assume this is a race bait troll?

6 days ago
7/30/03
Luke Rockhard -
Eskimo -

No shit, I always thought this was common knowledge. I assume this is a race bait troll?

Can someone explain how they could tell if they were breeding a male or a female in order for them to know wether they need the strong athletic genes or the light skinned petite genes?

6 days ago
2/24/19

I never said that ... but when I was growing up we had almost no blacks at all in Milton. I never really  interacted with a person of color when I was a kid.  This was the 1950’s - I’ll be 70. Look up the census numbers for yourself. You are right, there are now lots of blacks in Huntington. Still, not diverse like most of the country though. Back to my original question ... is there any real documentation that this was done regularly or is it just something people “have heard?” 

6 days ago
1/1/01
Another big part of the "athletic black" dynamic is the fact that the conditions on slave ships were so fucked up that only the physically strongest survived the trip over here. Sad but true.
6 days ago
9/18/02
I never heard of it too OP, thanks for the thread.
6 days ago
6/17/16

I think this is possible but also as a white guy who has been to federal prison a ways back black people jsut tend to have superior genetics when it comes to build and athletics, or at least they appear superior. Not that I sat around staring at the african-american gentlemen but it's hard not to notice that most of them are pretty cut and ripped naturally even if they never do any training at all. I don't know if they necessarily perform better in every scenario but by and large there don't seem to be a ton of pudgy black guys. They're certainly out there, fat black people too, but I have met many black guys that don't do shit and eat like garbage and still look like they eat clean and train hard. 

Many black Africans (I know it is a giant continent but work with me here...) seem to have pretty good genetics too, though, when it comes to build and athletic performance. Tons of great runners from Kenya and Nigeria, massive ripped dudes from Nigeria, Ghana, and Cameroon. Obviously they have more of a labor intensive lifestyle with less fast food or processed food loaded with weird ass industrial ingredients but still it seems a bit strange.

I think one of the main reasons many Americans (lifelong American here so don't get mad) are pudgey or downright fat is our food supply is highly adulterated with questionable ingredients, which also goes for many organic foods. I lived in Canada for a few years (long story) and their food for the most part is much cleaner in general and I have heard similar things about European food supplies in general. Less ingredients, less fillers, less preservatives, lessuse of questionable ingredients that are mainly presnt to aid in food manufacturing or storage that aren't present for nutritional purposes. We also have a very sedentary lifestyle in the states unless you train hard. I guess what I'm saying is you probably have to try hard to get fat on the Joe Rogan diet of meat you shot in the woods and vegetables you grow in your garden. Just finding non-industrial food sources for most of your food will make you much healthier even without a bunch of steroids. It's hard to stick to a really restrictive diet though if you are poor and unmotivated.

I think black women are often very good athletes when they put their mind to it to though so they appear to benefit from the genetic lottery a bit as well.