UnderGround Forums Not buying hernia bullshit

8 days ago
10/28/16
Jones right nostril - 
ThatsHowIRoll -
WhateverHater -
ThatsHowIRoll - 

So Rob goes a full fight camp training hard as fuck, weighs in fine and finds out the night fucking before it’s a hernia. 

BULLSHIT. I’m calling problems with rehydrating or knew he wouldn’t perform and pulled out. 

If he actually has a hernia they knew that all along and now using that for the excuse. 

We flew interstate for the fight as did so many. I feel even more for Kelvin and his camp who came all this way. 

Last time I buy tickets to a Whittaker event. 

Dude is in surgery. Yea, he's faking it

Never said he wasn’t. I said I’m not buying it was only found last night. Can you cunts even read 

“BULLSHIT. I’m calling problems with rehydrating or knew he wouldn’t perform and pulled out.” 

Go re-read what you wrote fuck wit before jumping down others throats. 

this lol
8 days ago
12/29/10

Theyll have to stack the next card for me to travel for it . Or just put it in Sydney so I don't have to pay for flights. One fight falls off these cards and it turns into barely a fight night card

8 days ago
1/1/01

Boo hoo. This stuff happens in MMA.

8 days ago
8/20/03
ThatsHowIRoll - 

So Rob goes a full fight camp training hard as fuck, weighs in fine and finds out the night fucking before it’s a hernia. 

BULLSHIT. I’m calling problems with rehydrating or knew he wouldn’t perform and pulled out. 

If he actually has a hernia they knew that all along and now using that for the excuse. 

We flew interstate for the fight as did so many. I feel even more for Kelvin and his camp who came all this way. 

Maybe he was worried about Kelvin's herpes/ringworm and staph infection?
8 days ago
12/9/13

what baffles me that Dana said recovery would be 4-6 weeks, are you kidding me???

for seach a severly injuried?

that's the part that says it all

8 days ago
1/1/01

Can so.eone please pass the tinfoil... Need a bigger hat

8 days ago
1/11/19

I literally had umbilical hernia surgery on Wednesday. Had 4 good rolls, felt fine. Belly button felt kind of wierd so I touched it, it popped out. So if it can happen to me, I'm sure it can happen to a person not quite as old, fit, and talented. 

8 days ago
9/27/18
Ducking roid test?
8 days ago
1/1/01

LOL@ misfire thread 

8 days ago
10/12/13

Yeah nah, good call op.

8 days ago
1/5/11

Op needs to take a seat.

Totally legit issue, I'm thinking exacerbated by cut. Don't think he knew about it before. This stuff does happen.

In future op, look at the guy in question before claiming bullshit. Whittaker is about even keel as they come.

8 days ago
8/2/11

Read everyone’s points and agree with many. Rob seems a stand up guy and there is no doubt he underwent the surgery so my hydration/cut suggestion is wrong. 

Im still not buying that they found all this out the night before. The ticket company issues refund offers after the first fight starts via email- it’s a bunch of bullshit.

and as for the gronk inbred that suggested this is about money- it’s not. I wish Rob the best and hope he recovers fast but we have seen so many fishy changes like this as money in the sport increased that I am always going to be skeptical of this shit and especially butt hurt when it is one I was attending. 

7 days ago
9/13/11
ThatsHowIRoll -

Read everyone’s points and agree with many. Rob seems a stand up guy and there is no doubt he underwent the surgery so my hydration/cut suggestion is wrong. 

Im still not buying that they found all this out the night before. The ticket company issues refund offers after the first fight starts via email- it’s a bunch of bullshit.

and as for the gronk inbred that suggested this is about money- it’s not. I wish Rob the best and hope he recovers fast but we have seen so many fishy changes like this as money in the sport increased that I am always going to be skeptical of this shit and especially butt hurt when it is one I was attending. 

If you’d bothered to call the ticket provider, they would have advised you that this is the regular way they deal with refunds to ensure people don’t still try and use the tickets. It would have taken less time than your OP.

7 days ago
9/24/18
Snakey89 - 

Theyll have to stack the next card for me to travel for it . Or just put it in Sydney so I don't have to pay for flights. One fight falls off these cards and it turns into barely a fight night card

They need to do a massive show here in Perth at the new Optus Stadium. It's absolutely state-of-the-art and fits 60,000 easily. Would be awesome.
7 days ago
6/2/04
Morpheus1976 - 

what baffles me that Dana said recovery would be 4-6 weeks, are you kidding me???

for seach a severly injuried?

that's the part that says it all

I spent like 5 minutes on google looking up typical recovery times after bowel/hernia surgery, and most websites say 6-12 weeks depending on a variety of factors, with one of the most important factors being the person's physical condition.

So if the average is 6-12, and we can all agree that Whitaker is likely in better shape than 99.9% of the people who get this surgery, it's fair to assume he'd be on the faster end of this.

He won't be ready to fight in 4-6 weeks, but I assume he'll be recovered and training again, and will be able to fight 3-4 months from today.

7 days ago
7/24/12
ThatsHowIRoll -

yeah you right, cutting nearly 30-40lbs probably had nothing to do with it... 

7 days ago
8/2/11
RepsOne -
ThatsHowIRoll -

If you’d bothered to call the ticket provider, they would have advised you that this is the regular way they deal with refunds to ensure people don’t still try and use the tickets. It would have taken less time than your OP.

So if he pulled out a week or two before the fight- they would have issued that information at 11am fight day? 

Thanks for the advice buddy but don’t think so 

Edited: 7 days ago
12/9/13
ThatsHowIRoll -
RepsOne -
ThatsHowIRoll -

So if he pulled out a week or two before the fight- they would have issued that information at 11am fight day? 

UFC is well known for hiding pulling out injuries. like lesnar, which was outed by roy nelson

7 days ago
1/1/01
ThatsHowIRoll - 
RepsOne -
ThatsHowIRoll -

Considering he was having surgery at 3am that morning, thats a quick turnaround for a ticket provider.
7 days ago
8/2/11
PeterIrl -
ThatsHowIRoll - 
RepsOne -
ThatsHowIRoll -

Considering he was having surgery at 3am that morning, thats a quick turnaround for a ticket provider.

That’s my point fuckhead. Surgery could have been delayed to the day before to cover over the card being thrown in the toilet completely for everyone that bought tickets 

7 days ago
8/2/11
Morpheus1976 -
ThatsHowIRoll -
RepsOne -
ThatsHowIRoll -

UFC is well know for hiding pulling out injuries. like lesnar, which was outed by roy nelson

This

7 days ago
1/1/01
If I remember right from the report Dana said, I could be remembering wrong, this had been popping in and out for Robert and he didn't think it was a big deal. Then something happened fight week that either made it worse or made it something that came to light. Maybe the weight cut made it unmanageable? Maybe he hid it from the UFC Doctors until it became an issue with the weight cut or popped out last minute in a dangerous fashion, who knows. In the live broadcast, at the beginning, Dominic Cruz who is usually kind of a dick and likes to call people out, looked skeptic and said the UFC Doctors told Robert he was good to fight and Robert like a gangster just went strait into surgery. Strange.
7 days ago
12/9/13

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtucQvsBML-/

7 days ago
3/13/18
Morpheus1976 -

https://www.instagram.com/p/BtucQvsBML-/

Clearly faked- you don’t get those kind of shadows in a hospital room. 

7 days ago
12/29/10
Jones right nostril -
Snakey89 - 

They need to do a massive show here in Perth at the new Optus Stadium. It's absolutely state-of-the-art and fits 60,000 easily. Would be awesome.

Man they'd need to have 5 amazing fights on the main card for me to make that trip.