UnderGround Forums Odds-makers favor Khabib over GSP

29 days ago
12/2/11

Gsp dominates at any weight besides 155.. Khabib wins there. 

29 days ago
3/12/15

At WW I would favor a 50 year old GSP over Khabib

LW? Not so much

Edited: 29 days ago
6/7/16

If GSP is taking the fight he will be ready for 155. There's nothing he'll do at this point that will compromise his legacy and has some of the smartest people in combat sports on his team. If he gets that fight I say it's an easy win for him in comparison to Khabib beating GSP. He'll control the standup and keep Khabib defensively wrestling. He looked stiff at 185 so I'd love to see him more agile at 155. Cardio will be the biggest question but if he's dropping he'll do it right. 

29 days ago
1/24/16

Khabib would destroy him at this point.

27 days ago
3/15/19

Sign me up for GSP at those odds. Nothing is a sure thing but he has a clear path to victory. +300 is too good to turn down. 

27 days ago
7/19/13

That line would rapidly fall if it were offered. GSP is not a +300 in that fight. If he were it would be a gift to bettors. Win or lose, that would be the smart money side of the bet.. 

27 days ago
4/27/08
triforce - 
LBH_RN -

GSP is also 40, never fought at LW, and hasnt fought in 2 years.  Its impressive he beat Bisping after a layoff, but one eyed Bisping would've gotten destroyed by anyone in the top 5 @ MW.  

I think GSP would be able to hang but he would end up getting the shit beat out of him.  Itd look like Khabib vs Al.  

....but I'd pay to see it!

lol at GSP getting the shit beat outa him by a 155 pounder. What has MMA come to.

It has come full circle from GSP getting the shit beat out of him by a 155 pounder <que __________.gif>
27 days ago
1/6/10

I’d max my credit cards and savings on gap 

Edited: 27 days ago
1/21/14
LBH_RN -

GSP is also 40, never fought at LW, and hasnt fought in 2 years.  Its impressive he beat Bisping after a layoff, but one eyed Bisping would've gotten destroyed by anyone in the top 5 @ MW.  

I think GSP would be able to hang but he would end up getting the shit beat out of him.  Itd look like Khabib vs Al.  

He's 38 not 40 but what's the difference? 38, 40 or 45 all the same right? Only a 7 year difference in age between the two, not a huge deal IMO especially considering the shape GSP stays in.

One eyed Bisping also slept Rockhold and also beat Silva and Henderson in close fights. Henderson was still extremely dangerous even at his age and so was Silva.

No matter how much you want to down play the Bisping win, he was still a good fighter at that point and not easy to finish. GSP came off a huge lay off going into that fight as well and fought very well all considering.

I would bet on GSP all day.

27 days ago
7/27/13
Stu Cazzo -
triforce -
LBH_RN -

lol at GSP getting the shit beat outa him by a 155 pounder. What has MMA come to.

He was KO’d by a career 155’er

Oh shit we're going back to 2007. Okay.

27 days ago
6/17/16
triforce -

I never bet on MMA but that is the easiest money anyone could ever make. 

-Undefeated since 2007
-9 straight WW title defenses
-Went to 185 to win MW belt
-Way bigger than Khabib
-Made a career out of out wrestling wrestlers
-Better striker than Khabib

These new fans think a 155 pound wrestler is going to do anything to GSP because he's flavour of the week right now? I would expect the odds to be +300 Khabib. If that fight ever happens please please please take my money.

yes, this.

27 days ago
6/17/16
triforce -
Stu Cazzo -
triforce -
LBH_RN -

He was KO’d by a career 155’er

Oh shit we're going back to 2007. Okay.

The only advantage Khabib would have besides George aging would be the potential of Geaorge being depleted by cutting so low but as we all know (at least those of us that are willing to look at thngs objectively) George has demonstrated that he won't take the fight unless he know he can make the weight and that he can fight at that weight. He has probably already done a test cut down to 155 or he wouldn't even be entertaining the possibility.

After the cut he and Khabib will probably both be close to 180 on the night of the fight anyway. Also I'm pretty sure George will cut smarter than Khabib.

27 days ago
1/1/01
I would take GSP at +300.

But still we have never seen him at that weight, which is exactly why it's so interesting.

Wouldn't even be competitive at 170 IMHO, but at 155 it is a very intriguing match up.
27 days ago
8/15/11

I think people are forgetting that GSP retired because he is well past his peak. Also his unstoppable striking Vs the K1 legends Shields and Koscheck is being ridiculously overrated. GSP is an amazing MMA wrestler who can out wrestle everyone which is how he wins nearly every fight. On the occasion he fights a dangerous wrestler he has had better striking. GSP striking is levels below Connor and Poirier and is only a threat when people really fear the takedown. 

He has looked increasingly more beatable in his most recent fights and Bisping was flash KOed in nearly every recent fight he's had so it wasn't a surprise at all that GSP beat him (GSP was fading too and didn't look great at all in that fight and retired again because he knew it)

Khabib is a clear favourite. GSP can win a decision as he has the size and wrestling to prevent a takedown but at this stage of his career it may not be the case and more likely he gets finished. 

27 days ago
10/5/19
Stu Cazzo -
MMA Promoter1 -
barbarian - I think those odds are about right. GSP would be severely depleted and weak at 155, which is where the fight will likely take place. He's also pushing 40 and hasn't been active.

It's just speculation that GSP would be depleted and weak at 155. He's already done a test cut to see how he feels. Obviously he's comfortable with it. Him and Khabib are both 5'10 it's not like GSP is significantly bigger.

He did a test cut and looked like a meth head.  But that doesn’t mean his chin and stamina will hold up....

Why does he need a chin to fight Khabib?

27 days ago
2/25/15
shawarma - 

I think people are forgetting that GSP retired because he is well past his peak. Also his unstoppable striking Vs the K1 legends Shields and Koscheck is being ridiculously overrated. GSP is an amazing MMA wrestler who can out wrestle everyone which is how he wins nearly every fight. On the occasion he fights a dangerous wrestler he has had better striking. GSP striking is levels below Connor and Poirier and is only a threat when people really fear the takedown. 

He has looked increasingly more beatable in his most recent fights and Bisping was flash KOed in nearly every recent fight he's had so it wasn't a surprise at all that GSP beat him (GSP was fading too and didn't look great at all in that fight and retired again because he knew it)

Khabib is a clear favourite. GSP can win a decision as he has the size and wrestling to prevent a takedown but at this stage of his career it may not be the case and more likely he gets finished. 

Its true GSP doesn't have the striking of someone like Connor, but i think his striking is definitely better than Khabib's.
27 days ago
1/7/06

Awesome!  Easy money

26 days ago
1/17/03
GoodNightIrene -

Id take GSP +300 

This

26 days ago
2/17/03
mdrndaysamurai - 

Awesome!  Easy money

26 days ago
12/6/11

With those odds... SHOW ME DA MONEY!! 

26 days ago
10/6/02
I predict GSP will take down Kahbib early in the first round and the crowd will roar.

Not sure what will happen after that.