UnderGround Forums Ok this is getting out of hand...

2/20/20 1:39 PM
9/18/14

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020/02/joshua-fabia-warned-commission-diego-sanchez-might-kill-michael-chiesa-ufc-239

Joshua Fabia warned NAC prior to UFC 239 that Diego Sanchez might kill Michael Chiesa

While Joshua Fabia has been front and center in the MMA world since last weekend’s UFC Rio Rancho event, the School of Self-Awareness founder made his way to the UFC’s radar much sooner.

According to three people who spoke to MMA Junkie on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to publicly discuss such matters, Fabia’s work with Diego Sanchezwas brought to the attention of both the Nevada Athletic Commission and UFC officials in the hours ahead of UFC 239 – and the 15-year UFC veteran’s fight with Michael Chiesawas nearly canceled as a result.

UFC 239 took place last July at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas. Unbeknownst to either fans or media in attendance, sources revealed that, as Sanchez got his hands wrapped in a shared locker room, NAC officials noticed Fabia was burning incense and asked him to stop. Additionally, an NAC inspector reported Fabia had taken a Q-tip dipped in an unknown substance and inserted it into Sanchez’s nose, prompting commission officials’ concern.

The substance turned out to be a peppermint extract, utilized in hope of opening Sanchez’s airways. NAC officials determined it was not a reason to intervene.

However, at that time, Fabia offered additional information.

Sanchez’s current manager and trainer, who has served as his lone cornerman in each of his past two UFC appearances, said that the attending referee needed to be warned ahead of the fight that Chiesa was in danger of being killed in the octagon.

Fabia told commission officials that he and Sanchez had been working on a choke so brutal, that if he was to apply it to his opponent, the bout should be waved off immediately so as to prevent Chiesa from either death or paralysis.

Fabia was asked to demonstrate the move, which was described to MMA Junkie as a technique that started as a standing guillotine choke but then would see Sanchez rotate his shoulders so that his opponent’s head was braced above his shoulder before slamming down to the floor and breaking his foe’s neck (described in practice as something akin to the professional wrestling move known as the “Stone Cold Stunner”).

2/20/20 1:39 PM
9/18/14

Fabia said the move was something he learned during his work with paramilitary groups in South America.

Armed with this information, commission officials consulted with UFC executives, expressing a potential concern for fighter safety. However, the combined teams ultimately decided the likelihood of Fabia and Sanchez executing some type of unknown fatal maneuver seemed negligible.

NAC officials then discussed with Fabia and Sanchez the importance of sportsmanship, stressing the need for recognizing the bout as a sporting contest and one in which all parties involved would expect to see both contestants safely complete.

Chiesa went on to win via unanimous decision by scores of 30-26 on all three judges’ cards. Both the UFC and NAC declined to comment when contacted by MMA Junkie to discuss what took place prior to the bout.

Sanchez returned to action last Saturday at UFC on ESPN+ 25 in New Mexico, where he was ultimately awarded a win via disqualification after being struck by an illegal knee in the third round of his bout with Michel Pereira.

2/20/20 1:40 PM
9/18/14

They need to get this guy away from the sport ASAP

2/20/20 2:33 PM
9/5/12

This guy is crazy. Either he’s taking a cut of Diego’s finances or he really believes this bullshit he’s pedaling. Or both.

2/20/20 2:46 PM
10/8/07

The more that comes out about this guy the less respect I have for Diego for keeping him around. What credentials does he have to be the sole trainer of Diego? Or even a corner man for that matter. Surprised the UFC hasn't stepped in and told them to cut out the bush league nonsense.

2/20/20 2:55 PM
5/22/17

Diego’s gay lover 

2/20/20 2:58 PM
2/3/09
The Destroyer88 -

The more that comes out about this guy the less respect I have for Diego for keeping him around. What credentials does he have to be the sole trainer of Diego? Or even a corner man for that matter. Surprised the UFC hasn't stepped in and told them to cut out the bush league nonsense.

The sad part is, I don't think it would matter if Dana/UFC were to try to somehow intervene in this craziness. It's pretty apparent Diego has really bought into this guy's nonsense, as evidenced by Diego demanding respect for his "coach". This is kinda like knowing you're about to see a bad trainwreck, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. 

2/20/20 2:58 PM
2/14/11

Lmao!!!

2/20/20 5:03 PM
5/6/16
Edmond tarverdyan is somewhere celebrating this new corner man/coach/manager
2/20/20 5:07 PM
3/17/14

theres a video of him for Diegos training and one of the clips hes standing on a womans legs while giving a speach.

2/20/20 5:25 PM
7/24/12

Hahahaha, stone cold Sanchez

2/20/20 6:13 PM
11/28/03

just rewatched chiesa own diego

shoulda been all 10-8 rounds

2/20/20 6:16 PM
11/24/13

This shit is going WWE mode now, LOL. Diego might seriously have a future in pro wrestling with this new page he has turned!

2/20/20 6:27 PM
6/30/07

Oh, Diego, your love of crazy will be your downfall.

2/20/20 6:40 PM
1/1/01

Listen to the guy talk his snake oil in this video:

2/20/20 6:41 PM
1/1/01

Diego would be better off snorting lines of stevia off of Dan Quinn's ass and calling that a fight camp than training with this guy.

2/20/20 6:45 PM
1/1/01
BJ Penn Forever - 

Diego would be better off snorting lines of stevia off of Dan Quinn's ass and calling that a fight camp than training with this guy.

Haha I actually laughed out loud.
2/20/20 7:09 PM
7/25/12
Golden Boy -
BJ Penn Forever - 

Haha I actually laughed out loud.

Same, but it's sad to see Dan Quinn these days. Looks like a dead man walking. 

2/20/20 8:03 PM
1/1/01

What was Fabio (Fabia?) thinking when he told the government interlopers and the enemy camp about Sanchez's supposedly deadly ace in the hole?  Nobody wants to kill a guy in the ring or cage but we all must accept it as a possibility.  Go in there prepared to kill or die, and the ref's job is to stop things before that happens.  If the move is as deadly as Fabio claims, he should show it to he Marines and Special Forces to use against America's enemies.

2/20/20 9:07 PM
3/2/11

Paging Supercalo...

Paging Supercalo...

We need your take on controversial mma coach Joshua F. Labia

2/20/20 9:10 PM
6/14/12
The Destroyer88 -

I posted something similar earlier. I cant believe the ufc hasnt stepped in and removed fabia yet. Hes nuttier than diego.

2/20/20 9:11 PM
10/27/03

2/20/20 9:30 PM
11/3/14

Man, I think Diego would be better off with Dan Quinn. Or Master Ken.

2/20/20 9:30 PM
7/25/12

Es normal...

2/20/20 9:53 PM
8/10/16

So, here’s the thing; I’m with you guys, he’s a weirdo who’s got to go. That being said, any of you actually landed a “Stunner” type of move? Are you guys not aware that the move could EASILY kill someone? I mean he’s not peddling nonsense. If you got someone in a guillotie and then rotated you shoulders around, then dropped the dude on his friggin head, you know that absolutely WOULD snap the neck. You guys know that, right?