UnderGround Forums Old School UG: What made you ALMOST leave UG?

11 days ago
5/26/18

Of course, there’s the xx’ers gonna xx.

The Conner newbs. The Ultimate Fighter newbs. Maybe it was trolls or psychos spamming the boards. Or just people sucking.

What threads or movements on the UG made you almost hang it up? And why did you stay?

11 days ago
1/1/01
Quality of posts. Doesn't have anything to do with sign up dates. I used to post a lot of inside news and stopped once Chris started moving my threads to the what if forum.

11 days ago
6/30/07

People getting banned for posting the truth about Skip Hall.

11 days ago
6/30/09

Fucking Super Calo posts. Some people love him but damn his schtick went from old to obnoxious real quick.

11 days ago
3/12/16
TwoFatNuts -

Fucking Super Calo posts. Some people love him but damn his schtick went from old to obnoxious real quick.

I agree! He's all over the UG spamming shit! At this point he's only funny every couple of months.

11 days ago
4/17/17
I got bored with MMA
11 days ago
2/28/06
Youth and immaturity.

Guys saying what they think other guys want to hear to make them sound tough.
11 days ago
5/30/10
TwoFatNuts -

That cunt started spamming his shit on Middleeasy. I didn't get why everyone thought he was funny. I miss Middleeasy, Zeus didn't care if you used the N word.

11 days ago
7/16/13

The Rousey era was difficult to endure. Delusional people saying she'd beat Mayweather, Faber, etc. 

11 days ago
1/1/01
BJ Penn fans
11 days ago
5/22/12

I’ve never thought about leaving, but I did stop reading for a few months as I felt the trolling was too much.

Any poster that goes hard for one fighter gets boring fast.

11 days ago
3/17/17
Tenors
11 days ago
1/23/06
Not enough activity. I'm high energy.
11 days ago
2/9/09

The Bisping “UKTT” was pretty bad. 

11 days ago
7/2/09

Paid posters.  Whether it's UFC guys, Trump guys, Clinton guys, Russian bots... it's tiresome for one, but two, there's just no appeal to chatting with a bunch of people who aren't *really* chatting with you (because they're busy parroting the lines the boss is feeding them).

11 days ago
4/19/09

I miss the old days so much. 

11 days ago
1/1/01

The ESPN Era in don't have ESPN or pay for an app so I barely watch it the ufc anymore. 

11 days ago
8/20/03

I don't think this applies to quitting the forum but to lighten up the mood I can say this.

2005 was when TUF started. That first year it was amazing how that show jump started people showing up to MMA gyms.

We had a guy from our gym on season 2 and when it aired the place exploded with people interested in joining, checking it out, and some all around crazy people who would pop out of the woodwork.

I had just been asked to open the gym on Fridays after work as previously we were not open Fri/Sat/Sun to the general public because everyone was usually away at some event. Anyone who wanted to train those days usually had their own key and would either just show up or plan to meet to train.

With the show being on TV people just started to show up so they started having people booked to teach classes and meet new people on Sat/Sun but Coach asked me to just open on Fridays and have an open mat for whoever showed up and make sure no one got hurt.

From Asian gangs in limos flashing guns, elderly crippled pro-wrestlers wanting to teach, fat toothless guys wanting to fight Chuck Liddell, to late night sex with groupies in the ring, it was like the circus had arrived.

11 days ago
1/1/01
seriously though, it's just I don't follow MMA nearly as much as I used.

Back in 2002/2003, I was watching 2-3 hours of MMA every day. I don't even watch that most weeks these days.
11 days ago
7/10/11

Reasons to leave: 

The commodore 64 level tech supporting this site.

The Cindy O saga.

Kiriks intentional misprints “Jose Also has been undefeated for 10 years at welterweight”

The departure or inactivity of awesome

posters like Rick Storm Soup Nazi and Hocky.

Hector and his spoon engines.

Reasons to stay:

Shout outs from Chael. 

Handful of quality posters.

Poll threads.

Fight results as Ill never buy another PPV again from BLAF...

10 days ago
8/28/01

Boredom and the app/mobile version sucks.

10 days ago
1/1/01
nowaydo - Youth and immaturity.

Guys saying what they think other guys want to hear to make them sound tough.

them's fighting words!

10 days ago
2/17/03
Captain Canuck - 

I don't think this applies to quitting the forum but to lighten up the mood I can say this.

2005 was when TUF started. That first year it was amazing how that show jump started people showing up to MMA gyms.

We had a guy from our gym on season 2 and when it aired the place exploded with people interested in joining, checking it out, and some all around crazy people who would pop out of the woodwork.

I had just been asked to open the gym on Fridays after work as previously we were not open Fri/Sat/Sun to the general public because everyone was usually away at some event. Anyone who wanted to train those days usually had their own key and would either just show up or plan to meet to train.

With the show being on TV people just started to show up so they started having people booked to teach classes and meet new people on Sat/Sun but Coach asked me to just open on Fridays and have an open mat for whoever showed up and make sure no one got hurt.

From Asian gangs in limos flashing guns, elderly crippled pro-wrestlers wanting to teach, fat toothless guys wanting to fight Chuck Liddell, to late night sex with groupies in the ring, it was like the circus had arrived.

Great post.
10 days ago
2/17/03
Can't believe anyone doesn't like Super Calo.

TUF was definitely the most seminal turning point in the history of this forum (at least in my time here). While TUF overall positively impacted the sport by allowing more fighters to make a living from it, it definitely affected the quality of the fanbase.

I would also add that there has been an increased Stormfront vibe in the past couple of years that makes me less happy to logon.
10 days ago
2/3/10
Golden Boy - Quality of posts. Doesn't have anything to do with sign up dates. I used to post a lot of inside news and stopped once Chris started moving my threads to the what if forum.

Yup you broke the news that duffy was on the sauce. I member