UnderGround Forums Oliveira deserves a big fight

2/4/19 8:57 AM
1/1/01
Lee vs Oliveira would also be a very exciting match up.
2/5/19 6:46 AM
4/21/12

Charles Oliveira returned to the UFC rankings at #14 this week.

2/5/19 8:59 AM
5/18/12

He has had plenty, lost them all.

I love watching Charles fight but to make out like he hasn't been given big fights is wrong.

Hes calling out Lee and thats a very winnable fight for him, hopefully they put it together.

2/5/19 9:12 AM
1/1/01
Suicidalforlife - 

I love watching Charles fight but to make out like he hasn't been given big fights is wrong.

Hes calling out Lee and thats a very winnable fight for him, hopefully they put it together.

He did not lose all his big fights, he beat Brooks, Stephens, Jury, Elkins etc

He is 14-8-1 and riding a four fight win streak with four subs in the sports deepest division.

I know he has had big fights but I was just saying he deserves yet another big fight now since he is running through guys and submitting everyone.

Thats how it should go, you lose a big fight, win a couple, ya get another big fight.

Thats all I was trying to say, the man has earned another big fight.
2/5/19 9:14 AM
5/18/12
BJ Penn Forever -
Suicidalforlife - 

He is 14-8-1 and riding a four fight win streak with four subs in the sports deepest division.

I know he has had big fights but I was just saying he deserves yet another big fight now since he is running through guys and submitting everyone.

Thats how it should go, you lose a big fight, win a couple, ya get another big fight.

True he did win some of his more high profile fights, but pretty much none of the highest profile ones. Never mind his weight issues.

I agree with you though, that is how it should go, he has earned another shot at the top of the division.

Him vs Lee would be a good fight.

2/5/19 9:25 AM
1/1/01
I love watching Diaz (6-4 and inactive), Pettis (4-6 in last ten) and Barboza (6-4 in last ten) compete but I don't like seeing them get all the big fights when its time for someone like Oliveira, Taisumov, Makhachev or Gillespie to get their first one.

I know a lot goes on behind the scenes and exciting standup will always get rewarded more than wrestling and BJJ but its still annoying to not see certain guys get a big fight like they would if they were advancing in a grand prix while other guys get huge fights off loses.

Just the way it goes though.
2/5/19 10:44 AM
9/7/17
BJ Penn Forever - 
Suicidalforlife - 

This is so sensible. I don't know why anyone would argue against this.
2/5/19 10:46 AM
9/7/17
Suicidalforlife - 
BJ Penn Forever -
Suicidalforlife - 

True he did win some of his more high profile fights, but pretty much none of the highest profile ones. Never mind his weight issues.

I agree with you though, that is how it should go, he has earned another shot at the top of the division.

Him vs Lee would be a good fight.

The weight issue is a good point. I also dig his activity. When someone said he had four wins since the Felder loss I couldn't believe it, because I remember I remember watching the Felder fight right before Xmas in 2017.
2/5/19 12:26 PM
1/17/13

I thought Felder killed him with those elbows. He’s rebounded well from that loss. 

2/5/19 12:35 PM
12/9/18

Feed him to Gregor! 

30 days ago
1/1/01
Now he has beat Brooks, Stephens, Jury, Elkins, Lentz 2x, Hioki, Escudero, Guida, Miller and Teymur.

He is riding a 5 fight win streak with 4 subs and 1 TKO.

If that don't earn you a big fight in the UFC then why bother fighting unless just for money?
30 days ago
1/1/01

30 days ago
5/12/08

If Oliveira would have been sage Northcutt ,he would have fought for a title already 

30 days ago
3/5/15
Wade5000 - Lee vs Oliveira would also be a very exciting match up.

I came to post this. You just beat me by a few minutes or a few months lol (2/14/19)

Good call. Lee should go back to LW

30 days ago
1/1/01
Oliveira is the #6 ranked fightmatrix UFC fighter.

He lost to the #9 ranked fightmatrix UFC fighter, Felder, 1 1/2 years ago. Since then he has won five in a row, the current #27, #41, #23, #24, and #16 ranked UFC fighters.

Come on, how can you be ranked #6 and not get someone ranked above or even close to you through five straight wins?

29 days ago
1/1/01
Can't wait to see his new ranking on UFC.com this week!
29 days ago
9/24/18
Gaethje vs Oliveira
28 days ago
1/1/01
Can't wait for Oliveira's next fight.
27 days ago
1/1/01
All the fights in top team - would be tough fights.
27 days ago
1/1/01

Barboza just went 2-3 in his last five and is ranked #8, Charles is 5-0 and ranked 15th. Pettis is 2-3 before going up to WW and is still the #9 ranked guy. Taisumov is not even ranked but that new 1-1 kid, Hernandez is ranked in the top 15.

Great example of why I never look at UFC rankings other than to see how bad they suck.

If you want to really know where a fighter stands in the pack based on the strength of their wins and loses then fightmatrix is the way to go.

27 days ago
1/1/01

Conor is ranked #3 and has not won a fight in three years.

Gillespie is ranked #11 and is 5-0 in the same time Conor has gone without a win.

If you needed another reason UFC rankings are dogshit.....

I don't know anyone who respects them.

27 days ago
11/24/18

Oliveira vs Makhachev? 

26 days ago
1/1/01
That fight would be very interesting!!!
26 days ago
10/24/10
BJ Penn Forever -

Conor is ranked #3 and has not won a fight in three years.

Gillespie is ranked #11 and is 5-0 in the same time Conor has gone without a win.

If you needed another reason UFC rankings are dogshit.....

I don't know anyone who respects them.

Competition matters my guy. Gillespie is a beast for sure, but his best win was against Yancy Medeiros. Conor just lost to potentially the #1 p4p fighter on the planet.

26 days ago
5/11/06

Isn’t he still at 145?