UnderGround Forums Ortega's failed drug test after debut

5 days ago
5/14/13
Samoa -
The Pendulum -

Brian came forward, said it was a stupid thing to do, as he'd thought he wasn't going to make weight. Understandable for a 23 year old.

Point is, he's never dodged criticism for it, and has absolutely held himself responsible. I believe him. I don't believe guys who get popped over and over, while insisting they took nothing, or go with the tainted supplement excuse. Having said that, if the guy can immediately identify the substance, I'd be more inclined to believe them. Coming out and saying 'I don't know what supplements I take' is not truthful and a blatant slap in the face to fans.

drostanolone to cut weight?  Not that I’ve heard of. Maybe I’m wrong though. I’ve always heard it as a muscle builder. Add muscle while cutting maybe but not just as a specific cutting agent. 

Low water retention.

Same thing Anderson popped for, twice. 

5 days ago
8/6/06
Koga -
ABCTT_HeHitsMeBecauseHeLovesMe -

The teamate was Kevin Casey. That may have something to do with why he isn't affiliated with Blackhouse anymore. Back then, Blackhouse was his team, and he trained Jiu Jitsu at the Gracie Academy in Torrence.

Wasn’t he training under Royoids Gracie at the time? Royce has the dubious distinction of registering the highest level of banned PEDs of any athlete ever tested by the CSAC.

Oh, do you mean Kevin Casey? I think he's a Rickson Blackbelt. Not sure of any affiliation with Royce beyond that 

5 days ago
12/9/13

for Ortega it came when he was not known, a prelim fighter sort of speak

5 days ago
1/25/12

Not only in the fight game but in life in general if your take your fuck ups like a man and don’t try and hide behind excuses people tend to be more exceptional 

5 days ago
3/12/02
Koga -

The teamate was Kevin Casey. That may have something to do with why he isn't affiliated with Blackhouse anymore. Back then, Blackhouse was his team, and he trained Jiu Jitsu at the Gracie Academy in Torrence.

Wasn’t he training under Royoids Gracie at the time? Royce has the dubious distinction of registering the highest level of banned PEDs of any athlete ever tested by the CSAC.

Oh, do you mean Kevin Casey? I think he's a Rickson Blackbelt. Not sure of any affiliation with Royce beyond that 

I know Ortega used to train under Royce, unclear if he still was when he made his debut. Tainted roid using Gracie Academy 

4 days ago
1/1/01
The Pendulum -
Samoa -
The Pendulum -

Brian came forward, said it was a stupid thing to do, as he'd thought he wasn't going to make weight. Understandable for a 23 year old.

Point is, he's never dodged criticism for it, and has absolutely held himself responsible. I believe him. I don't believe guys who get popped over and over, while insisting they took nothing, or go with the tainted supplement excuse. Having said that, if the guy can immediately identify the substance, I'd be more inclined to believe them. Coming out and saying 'I don't know what supplements I take' is not truthful and a blatant slap in the face to fans.

drostanolone to cut weight?  Not that I’ve heard of. Maybe I’m wrong though. I’ve always heard it as a muscle builder. Add muscle while cutting maybe but not just as a specific cutting agent. 

Low water retention.

Same thing Anderson popped for, twice. 

It’s a muscle building drug not a cutting weight drug is my point. 

4 days ago
1/1/01

Nobody remembers