UnderGround Forums Ortiz vs Joshua Rematch In Saudi Arabia

8 days ago
1/1/01
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -
multiculturaljoseph -

Joshua’s promoter, Eddie Hearn, is attempting to force Ruiz into honoring the first contract for a $9 mill rematch. 

Ruiz won’t take the fight without a significant pay raise.

Fight isn’t official yet. 

Not should he, he’s the champ and they are getting $70m for it, he should get way more than $9m

They got 100m from the venue alone. 

There's still ticket sales, PPV sales and DAZN money.

Hearn is trying to get his fuck on. 

8 days ago
9/22/16
multiculturaljoseph - 
multiculturaljoseph -

Joshua’s promoter, Eddie Hearn, is attempting to force Ruiz into honoring the first contract for a $9 mill rematch. 

Not should he, he’s the champ and they are getting $70m for it, he should get way more than $9m

Ruiz should hold out. Fuck Hearn, and fuck that glass-jawed Joshua.
8 days ago
1/23/06
AnthonyWeiner - 
multiculturaljoseph - 
multiculturaljoseph -

He has to be careful doing that. Could get stripped and boom in comes Tyson Fury etc.
8 days ago
5/8/16
Lights Out Lurker -
RKing85 - so apparently Ruiz's purse was set in the contract for the first fight. He won't get any of the Saudi money. that is some serious bullshit.

There's no way he takes this fight without coming out better (financially) than the first fight. He holds all the cards.

It's a standard rematch clause... he has the same chance of beating that scrub again.  It was no lucky punch and now joshua knows he can be beat by this guy and is mental weak

8 days ago
12/8/12

Boxing should make things interesting....set a purse...winner gets 65% loser gets 35% draw split it 50/50

8 days ago
9/22/16
CRE - 
AnthonyWeiner - 
multiculturaljoseph - 
multiculturaljoseph -

He has to be careful doing that. Could get stripped and boom in comes Tyson Fury etc.

Having an unavenged KO loss will kill Joshua's drawing power in the long run. He'd be the one taking a smaller split against Wilder, for instance. If Joshua and his management want to make six-figure paydays down the road, they have to pay Ruiz now.
8 days ago
11/9/18
AnthonyWeiner -
Siciliano di Brooklyn - 
AnthonyWeiner - 
Lights Out Lurker -
RKing85 - so apparently Ruiz's purse was set in the contract for the first fight. He won't get any of the Saudi money. that is some serious bullshit.

There's no way he takes this fight without coming out better (financially) than the first fight. He holds all the cards.

Yep. That first contract might as well be toilet paper. Joshua is nothing without avenging the loss. He got brutally knocked out. It's going to be out there forever. Like when Rahman knocked out Lennox Lewis.

Completely different knockouts. Have you seen either fight?

AJ got his ass beat and didn't want to answer the bell. LL got slept by a Hail Mary punch from an average heavyweight and dominated him in the rematch.

I wasn't talking about the fight. I was talking about the need for a rematch, in an immediate sense. Lewis had to beat Rahman, and Don King (Rahman's promoter) instead signed a defense against David Izon. Lewis sued to enforce his rematch clause, but Rahman got a HUGE pay bump, to $10 million.

If Joshua wants Ruiz, they've got to show Andy the monaaaay.

Ruiz will never demand (from the public) money. Nobody will care to watch him fight. There is no money attached to him and everyone in boxing knows it. He needs Joshua. He can't beat Wilder and he'd lose horribly to Fury. He's a one hit wonder, and you're going to wonder what happened to him next time he steps in the ring.

8 days ago
9/22/16
MM8 - 
AnthonyWeiner -
Siciliano di Brooklyn - 
AnthonyWeiner - 
Lights Out Lurker -

Yep. That first contract might as well be toilet paper. Joshua is nothing without avenging the loss. He got brutally knocked out. It's going to be out there forever. Like when Rahman knocked out Lennox Lewis.

AJ got his ass beat and didn't want to answer the bell. LL got slept by a Hail Mary punch from an average heavyweight and dominated him in the rematch.

I wasn't talking about the fight. I was talking about the need for a rematch, in an immediate sense. Lewis had to beat Rahman, and Don King (Rahman's promoter) instead signed a defense against David Izon. Lewis sued to enforce his rematch clause, but Rahman got a HUGE pay bump, to $10 million.

Ruiz will never demand (from the public) money. Nobody will care to watch him fight. There is no money attached to him and everyone in boxing knows it. He needs Joshua. He can't beat Wilder and he'd lose horribly to Fury. He's a one hit wonder, and you're going to wonder what happened to him next time he steps in the ring.

You're right, and that's still not the point. Ruiz was a nobody, and Joshua can't have an unavenged loss to a nobody. Joshua needs Ruiz, Ruiz has the belts and the KO win.

They HAVE to pay.
8 days ago
7/16/13

8 days ago
1/8/04
I honestly thinks Ruiz wins the rematch again though. AJ ain't got heart.
8 days ago
4/25/11
ChimpFL -
KnockoutThoughts -

Ortiz, Ruiz, Hernandez, Gonzalez, eehhhh what does it matter? One of those spanish motherfuckers huh OP? Names are irrelevant..lol The fat chubby Mexican guy.. wass his name again? Ortiz... Ruiz.. Enchilada.. potato.. po-tato... That Ortiz guy is a monster huh OP! 

I am going to hell but I laughed my ass off at this.

No hell for you. God doesn't like them either. That's why he allowed Trump to save our country.   MAGA!

8 days ago
1/1/01
Siciliano di Brooklyn - I honestly thinks Ruiz wins the rematch again though. AJ ain't got heart.

I think AJ got fucked up in camp and came in compromised the first time. Should be fine in the rematch.

AJ TKO RD4. 

8 days ago
1/1/01

That’s if they can get this done.

I could see Hearn being a scumbag, not paying Ruiz fairly and this whole thing blowing up for all parties involved. 

7 days ago
7/28/08

It’s in saudi so AJ can get back on the juice, like he obviously does in UK 

7 days ago
11/5/16
MM8 -
AnthonyWeiner -
Siciliano di Brooklyn - 
AnthonyWeiner - 
Lights Out Lurker -

He can beat AJ again and he can beat Wilder. I agree Fury could beat him easily with superior boxing, but Wilder has gaping holes and not the best of chins. I’m really looking fwd to the rematch, but I think AJ will get his revenge.

7 days ago
8/5/08
multiculturaljoseph - 

That’s if they can get this done.

I could see Hearn being a scumbag, not paying Ruiz fairly and this whole thing blowing up for all parties involved. 

Say what you want about Eddie Hearn, and he is a massively smug cunt, but Matchroom are well know for paying fighters fairly and on time.
7 days ago
3/4/18
PeterNorth -
MM8 -
AnthonyWeiner -
Siciliano di Brooklyn - 
AnthonyWeiner - 
Lights Out Lurker -

He can beat AJ again and he can beat Wilder. I agree Fury could beat him easily with superior boxing, but Wilder has gaping holes and not the best of chins. I’m really looking fwd to the rematch, but I think AJ will get his revenge.

I think AJ wins if the rematch happens as well. At least now he's dropped all that stupid muscle and is focusing on boxing instead of being a body builder. That will help immensely. 

Edited: 7 days ago
1/22/19

Saudi Arabia doing some SERIOUS pr damage control after they turned Khasshogi in to deli meat.  They also have announced the biggest horse race on the planet in the 20 million dollar Saudi Cup.  To get Joshua away from England, you need big bux.  

Both AJ and the prince can try to restore their legacies together.

7 days ago
1/1/01

It’s getting ugly.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/boxing/9718278/andy-ruiz-jr-anthony-joshua-rematch-not-saudi-arabia/

7 days ago
9/22/16
ImNotSurprisedDonks - 

Saudi Arabia doing some SERIOUS pr damage control after they turned Khasshogi in to deli meat.  They also have announced the biggest horse race on the planet in the 20 million dollar Saudi Cup.  To get Joshua away from England, you need big bux.  

Both AJ and the prince can try to restore their legacies together.

They are also spending a fuckton of money on having WWE do 1-2 shows per year, despite a handful of WWE stars refusing to take part in the shows.

The Crown Prince is fucking Lindsay Lohan.
6 days ago
1/1/01

And uglier:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/2019/08/14/eddie-hearn-threatens-andy-ruiz-legal-battle-champion-raises/

5 days ago
1/1/01

Ruiz says nothing is signed lol