UnderGround Forums Ortiz vs Joshua Rematch In Saudi Arabia

12 days ago
10/17/08

Wtf.  Who’s gonna go to that event live.  I’d rather watch it from home.

Exclusive: Anthony Joshua to face Andy Ruiz Jr in Saudi Arabia on December 7 in 70 million pound contest

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/2019/08/09/exclusive-anthony-joshua-face-andy-ruiz-jr-saudi-arabia-december/

12 days ago
1/1/01
that could do an attendance of zero and it will still be the biggest paydays those guys have ever seen.
12 days ago
11/21/05
Wow that's fucking awesome for Ortiz what a story.

Fuck going there for any event but I am as I said happy as fuck for Ortiz.
12 days ago
10/20/10

Ortiz? You racist f***

12 days ago
12/28/04

Tito is fighting again? Holy fuck, will defo buy!

12 days ago
10/17/08

Fucking great for Ruiz...getting that money.  Dude seems legit great guy, but gonna be funny just seeing a bunch of turbans there.  

12 days ago
7/19/13

Ortiz, Ruiz, Hernandez, Gonzalez, eehhhh what does it matter? One of those spanish motherfuckers huh OP? Names are irrelevant..lol The fat chubby Mexican guy.. wass his name again? Ortiz... Ruiz.. Enchilada.. potato.. po-tato... That Ortiz guy is a monster huh OP! 

11 days ago
10/8/08
saudi money fuck ppv
11 days ago
1/1/01
so apparently Ruiz's purse was set in the contract for the first fight. He won't get any of the Saudi money. that is some serious bullshit.
11 days ago
1/1/01
RKing85 - so apparently Ruiz's purse was set in the contract for the first fight. He won't get any of the Saudi money. that is some serious bullshit.

Agreed if true.
11 days ago
4/19/17
RKing85 - so apparently Ruiz's purse was set in the contract for the first fight. He won't get any of the Saudi money. that is some serious bullshit.

There's no way he takes this fight without coming out better (financially) than the first fight. He holds all the cards.

10 days ago
12/23/02
KnockoutThoughts -

Ortiz, Ruiz, Hernandez, Gonzalez, eehhhh what does it matter? One of those spanish motherfuckers huh OP? Names are irrelevant..lol The fat chubby Mexican guy.. wass his name again? Ortiz... Ruiz.. Enchilada.. potato.. po-tato... That Ortiz guy is a monster huh OP! 

I am going to hell but I laughed my ass off at this.

10 days ago
6/14/19
ChimpFL - 
KnockoutThoughts -

I am going to hell but I laughed my ass off at this.

LOL that was seriously funny shit!!!
10 days ago
11/9/18
Lights Out Lurker -
RKing85 - so apparently Ruiz's purse was set in the contract for the first fight. He won't get any of the Saudi money. that is some serious bullshit.

There's no way he takes this fight without coming out better (financially) than the first fight. He holds all the cards.

No, he doesn't.

10 days ago
9/22/16
Lights Out Lurker -

Yep. That first contract might as well be toilet paper. Joshua is nothing without avenging the loss. He got brutally knocked out. It's going to be out there forever. Like when Rahman knocked out Lennox Lewis.

10 days ago
7/10/12

Saudi 

So the ring girls will be wearing bed sheets?

10 days ago
3/14/12

Will anyone beheading over to watch it?

10 days ago
11/20/05
cawsie77 -

Lol..... Well done sir 

9 days ago
5/11/05

70 million lbs is that the purse or the weight class?

9 days ago
1/8/04
RKing85 - that could do an attendance of zero and it will still be the biggest paydays those guys have ever seen.

The WWE guys that wrestle there get bigger payouts than WrestleMania.

And it will absolutely be sold out, with zero women in the crowd.
9 days ago
1/8/04
AnthonyWeiner - 
Lights Out Lurker -

Yep. That first contract might as well be toilet paper. Joshua is nothing without avenging the loss. He got brutally knocked out. It's going to be out there forever. Like when Rahman knocked out Lennox Lewis.

Completely different knockouts. Have you seen either fight?

AJ got his ass beat and didn't want to answer the bell. LL got slept by a Hail Mary punch from an average heavyweight and dominated him in the rematch.
8 days ago
1/1/01

Joshua’s promoter, Eddie Hearn, is attempting to force Ruiz into honoring the first contract for a $9 mill rematch. 

Ruiz won’t take the fight without a significant pay raise.

Fight isn’t official yet. 

8 days ago
1/26/08
multiculturaljoseph -

Joshua’s promoter, Eddie Hearn, is attempting to force Ruiz into honoring the first contract for a $9 mill rematch. 

Ruiz won’t take the fight without a significant pay raise.

Fight isn’t official yet. 

Not should he, he’s the champ and they are getting $70m for it, he should get way more than $9m

8 days ago
3/18/02
cawsie77 -

Lol

8 days ago
9/22/16
Siciliano di Brooklyn - 
AnthonyWeiner - 
Lights Out Lurker -

Completely different knockouts. Have you seen either fight?

AJ got his ass beat and didn't want to answer the bell. LL got slept by a Hail Mary punch from an average heavyweight and dominated him in the rematch.

I wasn't talking about the fight. I was talking about the need for a rematch, in an immediate sense. Lewis had to beat Rahman, and Don King (Rahman's promoter) instead signed a defense against David Izon. Lewis sued to enforce his rematch clause, but Rahman got a HUGE pay bump, to $10 million.

If Joshua wants Ruiz, they've got to show Andy the monaaaay.