UnderGround Forums Our Sport Has Been Building to Khabib vs Tony

10 days ago
2/23/19

This is the most intriguing, most talent ridden, most exciting fight not only that can be put on in this day and age, but any day and age of MMA.

This is the culmination of years of evolution of our sport. I'm glad we're all here to experience it. (So long as it doesn't fall through. Again.)

10 days ago
8/5/19

Excellent post. Most meaningful fight in lightweight history at least.

10 days ago
7/19/13

Tony vs Khabib is the Super Bowl, the NBA Finals, the World Cup championship of the 155lb division! Except it took us years to get to this point, instead of a single season, so therefore it feels like it’s much more important than any one of those. Atleast 5 years in the making, we’re finally here, and it’s going to be amazing... greatest fight of the decade between the 2 BEST fighters at 155lb. I got Tony.. Tony is the TRUE King of 155lbs imo! 

10 days ago
2/23/19

Yes boys, the enthusiasm is real!

10 days ago
7/15/17

this fight reminds me of bj gsp 2.. I was so pumped because there were so many unknowns going in.. was bj really as good as he seemed .. what would happen if gsp got him down ..   I see Alot of similarities in these two fights .. let's just hope it actually happens 

10 days ago
10/24/14

This is the one. Prepare to witness.

10 days ago
8/3/19

The Egg will make sure it doesn't happen.

10 days ago
8/23/04

Let me tell you about Tony.

This man is the real real. He has supreme cardio as a strength along with grit and durability and has major skills to back them up whether standing or on the ground. The guy is a mental giant. The knee injury he sustained would have made anyone almost retire yet he came back in there and competed at a high level and won!

I have never seen anyone like Tony where they talk shit and back it up. He is the anti-hero. He is going to give khabib some legit problems. Mark my words.

He is a cardio machine. With a slick ground game and nasty elbows. He will not let khabib enjoy being on top. Tony will dish and receive punishment like the terminator and make khabib regret taking Tony down. Tony will then tire khabib and beat him at his own game. I believe the gillutine that poirier had Tony would finish it. Tony has lanky arms and legs and a better ground game. Mistakes like this will cost khabib dearly. And also Tony can box for days. Volume punches and kicks tires khabib out. 

This is a battle of mental toughness VS skill. With how khabib easily shattered Connors world, this fight could easily end up the same where a Mexican American shit talking agnostic ass kicking fighter anti hero beats khabib and shattered his undefeated record and very existence. Khabib knows Tony is the most dangeous. This man never backs down and always persevers. Tony is like the terminator. 

I'm really excited for this fight. 

Edited: 10 days ago
9/29/09

Normally it is so fucking cliche to say "this fight has been years in the making"

But here it is absolutely true

https://i.imgur.com/nP6ldbo.png

https://i.imgur.com/IuT0e2k.png

10 days ago
12/2/11

Going to be incredible.. And Tony is going to win. 

10 days ago
3/24/15

What happens if there’s a last minute pull-out? Is it going to remain the most cursed fight ever? I don’t want to get my hopes up

10 days ago
12/29/10
sureshock -

Let me tell you about Tony.

This man is the real real. He has supreme cardio as a strength along with grit and durability and has major skills to back them up whether standing or on the ground. The guy is a mental giant. The knee injury he sustained would have made anyone almost retire yet he came back in there and competed at a high level and won!

I have never seen anyone like Tony where they talk shit and back it up. He is the anti-hero. He is going to give khabib some legit problems. Mark my words.

He is a cardio machine. With a slick ground game and nasty elbows. He will not let khabib enjoy being on top. Tony will dish and receive punishment like the terminator and make khabib regret taking Tony down. Tony will then tire khabib and beat him at his own game. I believe the gillutine that poirier had Tony would finish it. Tony has lanky arms and legs and a better ground game. Mistakes like this will cost khabib dearly. And also Tony can box for days. Volume punches and kicks tires khabib out. 

This is a battle of mental toughness VS skill. With how khabib easily shattered Connors world, this fight could easily end up the same where a Mexican American shit talking agnostic ass kicking fighter anti hero beats khabib and shattered his undefeated record and very existence. Khabib knows Tony is the most dangeous. This man never backs down and always persevers. Tony is like the terminator. 

I'm really excited for this fight. 

Perfect post. 

10 days ago
9/8/13

I concur

10 days ago
1/1/01

Fuck yeah. This is the real bad motherfucker fight. LOL at Nate and mas compared to these two.

9 days ago
11/20/10

Its the biggest that can be made in MMA right now, but I wouldnt go as far as saying its like...literally the pinnacle of MMA history that everything else so far has been building towards. 

9 days ago
9/7/19
watch one of them get hurt.
9 days ago
2/15/06
9 days ago
10/3/11

I hope Tony wont embarrass khabib too much. Oh wait I hope he does 

9 days ago
1/1/01
If only the org would prioritize the fight. That its not the topic they are pushing now is a joke.
9 days ago
2/17/03
Cro Cop v. Fedor

DC v. Jones

Tony v. Khabib

It belongs on that list. And I'm not sure any other fights do.
9 days ago
9/29/09
Wasa-B - If only the org would prioritize the fight. That its not the topic they are pushing now is a joke.
wiggum - Cro Cop v. Fedor

DC v. Jones