UnderGround Forums PRIDE Steroid Exclusion Clause

7/19/14 3:35 AM
10/19/12
Enson Yamato Inoue - 
shin2chin - What would he gain from lying?

Well there would be no reason for me to make this up.  Also I am in no way trying to talk shit about Pride.  Just, it is what it is.  I was cleaning out my house and the contracts came up.  I am in no way saying that all the fighters were juicing up, I'm jut saying exactly what it is.  There was a clause that said that.  Take it or leave it.

I could also post a video showing the whole contract that even has the late Mr. Morishita's signature on it.... but for what?  to prove something to the doubters?  Hmmm.  Maybe I will.  

I'm interested... By the way, you rock bro!

7/19/14 3:42 AM
1/1/01
quality - That little note doesn't seem like any type of proof. I can do that also. It would have been more realistic if he showed a big chunk of the contract since it's understandable that he can't show the whole contract due to confidentiality.

I'm not doubting that it's genuine, but that doesn't look like real proof to me.

Dude, thats not Joe schmoe who posted that, its Enson.
7/19/14 3:44 AM
10/13/08
Pride is for pussies
7/19/14 3:57 AM
5/28/08
Its common knowledge that steroids were rampant in Pride. It's a shame as these guys fuck their bodies up.
7/19/14 4:45 AM
1/31/13
Everything about pride was better

Less of a weight cutting culture - more open weight fights, not forcing fighters to cycle off, another treating fighters who lose as worthless , all = fighters in the best shape they'll be, fighting the best they can

And that's before the better scoring system and rules set Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 4:50 AM
2/13/11
Do you think Fedor Juiced back then as well then? (being serious) - He sure didn't look like he did, undersized heavyweight with no real visible muscle tone. Dude was fast as fuck though, like someone put a catheter up The Flash's dick and slipped the juice in Fedor's vodka. Does that count as a PED?
7/19/14 4:52 AM
3/14/11
Enson is one of the few guys who isn't polarising, we all just love him

A goddamn legend! Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 4:57 AM
3/2/11
I never had any doubts that Wand, Shogun, Henderson, Cro Cop etc.. were roiding. But I always thought Fedor and Anderson fought clean during their time with Pride, maybe I was wrong, this taints everyone who fought for that organisation. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 5:12 AM
3/30/14
Enson Yamato Inoue - 
quality - That little note doesn't seem like any type of proof. I can do that also. It would have been more realistic if he showed a big chunk of the contract since it's understandable that he can't show the whole contract due to confidentiality.

I'm not doubting that it's genuine, but that doesn't look like real proof to me.

It is.  Why would I make that shit up?

Ive been trying to spend less time on these forums but god damn posts like this make it hard.

Edited: 7/19/14 8:11 AM
5/18/13

to be fair to the doubters that would be a legal reaction to such a small exptract - but no one, no one doubts Enson - even the doubters are not really doubting just saying it would be dope to see it in context. I personally don't need to see it in context - when Enson mentioned this on the JRE I knew it to be solid fact.

Thanks for sharing Enson - really apreciate the insights! Do you know if the Japanese contracts were the same? Interesting that this was th original take of Art Davies with the early UFC's as well (You can clearly see it in Ken Shamrock etc).

These two images of Ken Shamrock demonstrate my point

EDITED TROLL

What do you lot think to this - Quote from a friend:

"random drug testing hasn't worked in sports with centralised administration, NGB and independent funding with WADA (e.g athletics) never mind a sport (MMA) run by a private company, with no juridistiction over the sport,  with questionable integrity who implicitly condone drug use. In athletics all they get is the athletes playing hide and seek, catch me if you can, back handers to the testers and generally a politically motivated smokescreen of pretence of winning when in fact the athletes (and their scientists ) keep one step ahead.  Drug use is built into the foundations of all high performance sport - but now we have a sophisticated smokescreen of morality surrounding..."

7/19/14 7:32 AM
9/26/02

interdasting

7/19/14 8:09 AM
12/10/12
Soup and Beer -

Remember, in the early UFC's they didn't test for steroids either.  In fact, at UFC4 I personally talked to Art Davie and asked him if they tested for steroids.  He told me "No, it's actually better for some of the fighters to be on steroids because it represents what you would see on the streets."

But it's interesting reading that in the Pride contract.  I wonder if Fedor was on them too?  I would imagine everyone there was since it was openly encouraged by the organization.

Imagine Fedor didn't road and was still wrecking shop the way he did Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 9:00 AM
4/25/13
Enson Yamato Inoue - 

It's a real proof.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=331575537011435&set=vb.100004769742817&type=2&theater

Thank u for the info and vid.

Most people already knew in their hearts but sucks seeing it confirmed.
7/19/14 10:10 AM
8/1/03
lol @ Pride fanboys. It's all about budo and honor, right! And the steroid testing had NOTHING to do with why Shogun, Crocop, Fedor, etc, all looked and performed differently the second they hit American soil.
7/19/14 10:12 AM
8/1/03
"Everything about pride was better .Less of a weight cutting culture - more open weight fights, not forcing fighters to cycle off, another treating fighters who lose as worthless"

Rampage was one of Pride's biggest stars and after his loss to Shogun they gave him a shit lowball contract, which is why he went to whatever that crappy organization was where he fought Lindland.

Heath Herring was another of the biggest stars and after winning by KO over Takahishi they offered him a contract HALF of what he was making, which is why he too left.
7/19/14 10:15 AM
4/15/12
Do you mean to tell me Don Frye's physique was due to anything but his machismo?
7/19/14 10:19 AM
2/1/12
Thanks Enson.

Awesome of you to publish. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 10:19 AM
3/27/03
What do you expect from a promotion that actually offered rampage a bonus if he allowed sakuraba to choke him unconscious

Funny thing is pride fanboys actually defend this! Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 10:27 AM
1/17/11
JohnMorgansBlueShirt - 
trubs - Do you think Fedor Juiced back then as well then? (being serious) - He sure didn't look like he did, undersized heavyweight with no real visible muscle tone. Dude was fast as fuck though, like someone put a catheter up The Flash's dick and slipped the juice in Fedor's vodka. Does that count as a PED?

This question is directed toward Enson, but there is no doubt in my mind he was.

I think Fedor was clean.

7/19/14 10:44 AM
7/13/14
Pride was awesome but fixed as hell lol Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 10:47 AM
8/1/03
Enson, did they have a banned substances list? I.e., okay, there was a clause saying they didn't TEST for steroids, but elsewhere in the contract or in the rules did they say that steroids were not allowed? In other words, is it that steroids were against the rules but they didn't test for them, or were steroids not illegal in Pride at all?
7/19/14 10:47 AM
3/2/11
orcus - lol @ Pride fanboys. It's all about budo and honor, right! And the steroid testing had NOTHING to do with why Shogun, Crocop, Fedor, etc, all looked and performed differently the second they hit American soil.
What about the pride events held in USA ? Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 10:51 AM
2/25/12
My understanding is that it viewed a tad bit differently in Japan. What sells is when athletes are big superhero type athletes.

Not that it isn't like that in the US to a degree, but my understanding is that is more so in Japan.

7/19/14 10:53 AM
5/26/07
Not very shocking, but cool to hear it straight from Enson.

Thanks for the insight.

I also think Fedor was clean.
7/19/14 10:58 AM
12/22/10
Enson Yamato Inoue - 

It's a real proof.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=331575537011435&set=vb.100004769742817&type=2&theater

I believed you. I was just pointing out that a small excerpt is easier to fake than a whole page or contract and suspicious. Of course everyone now wants to quote me as the bad guy in the thread.