UnderGround Forums PRIDE Steroid Exclusion Clause

7/19/14 11:11 AM
9/30/10
Enson Yamato Inoue -
JohnMorgansBlueShirt - 
trubs - Do you think Fedor Juiced back then as well then? (being serious) - He sure didn't look like he did, undersized heavyweight with no real visible muscle tone. Dude was fast as fuck though, like someone put a catheter up The Flash's dick and slipped the juice in Fedor's vodka. Does that count as a PED?

This question is directed toward Enson, but there is no doubt in my mind he was.

I think Fedor was clean.

Wow, Enson! Thanks for taking the time to answer fans' questions! You're a true legend and an ambassador to the sport!

My question: do you see anyone in MMA that continues the warrior spirit today, or do you see that as a dying mentality as MMA has become more 'sport' oriented? Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 11:22 AM
1/1/01
You needed evidence that there was juicing in pride??? Lmao!!! Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 11:37 AM
4/24/13
Damn. So Nick's win against Gomi got taken away for weed but if he was juiced it would have been ok. Crazy. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 11:37 AM
11/24/10
This hard push by the UFC to deliver Vitor vs Weidman in Brazil tells me I'd rather have the honesty of Pride than the lies of UFC.

Be honest in letting guys juice rather than pretend to be against it only to talk of booking Belfort in a title match in Brazil after testing over 1500 in his last screening. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 11:39 AM
4/24/13
Mark Bocek - You needed evidence that there was juicing in pride??? Lmao!!! Phone Post 3.0
Everyone knew but I wasn't aware it was specifically stated in their contracts that PED's were excluded from testing. Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 11:40 AM
8/1/03
JamesTheWelshDR - 
orcus - lol @ Pride fanboys. It's all about budo and honor, right! And the steroid testing had NOTHING to do with why Shogun, Crocop, Fedor, etc, all looked and performed differently the second they hit American soil.
What about the pride events held in USA ? Phone Post 3.0

Fedor at Pride 32, his first drug-tested event as far as I know, weighed in at 224, the first time in his career that I'm aware of that he came in under 233 I think.
7/19/14 11:47 AM
9/5/11
I'm shocked by the shock Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 12:53 PM
5/2/14
Lol Pride was awesome, but they were on some other shit and it was obvious, you couldn't fight as often as they did and hard as they did without something like that. Sylvia got caught juicing and he is the first guy I know of UFC wise to do it. At the risk of sounding like a shill, Dana, Lorenzo and company came in and made this a sport, not a freak show. Makes me sad to think rampage wasn't clean. Wonder if chuck was in their first fight Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 1:00 PM
9/5/11
theBrink - Lol Pride was awesome, but they were on some other shit and it was obvious, you couldn't fight as often as they did and hard as they did without something like that. Sylvia got caught juicing and he is the first guy I know of UFC wise to do it. At the risk of sounding like a shill, Dana, Lorenzo and company came in and made this a sport, not a freak show. Makes me sad to think rampage wasn't clean. Wonder if chuck was in their first fight Phone Post 3.0
Barnett was popped in the UFC before Tim, no? Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 1:02 PM
1/17/11
orcus - Enson, did they have a banned substances list? I.e., okay, there was a clause saying they didn't TEST for steroids, but elsewhere in the contract or in the rules did they say that steroids were not allowed? In other words, is it that steroids were against the rules but they didn't test for them, or were steroids not illegal in Pride at all?

They just didn't test for them.  Just weird they wrote it in the contracts

7/19/14 1:04 PM
1/17/11
quality - 
Enson Yamato Inoue - 
quality - That little note doesn't seem like any type of proof. I can do that also. It would have been more realistic if he showed a big chunk of the contract since it's understandable that he can't show the whole contract due to confidentiality.

I'm not doubting that it's genuine, but that doesn't look like real proof to me.

It's a real proof.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=331575537011435&set=vb.100004769742817&type=2&theater

I believed you. I was just pointing out that a small excerpt is easier to fake than a whole page or contract and suspicious. Of course everyone now wants to quote me as the bad guy in the thread.

You're not a bad guy.  I admit, just showing just a small clip can look fake.

7/19/14 1:04 PM
1/17/11
bruised - 
Enson Yamato Inoue -
JohnMorgansBlueShirt - 
trubs - Do you think Fedor Juiced back then as well then? (being serious) - He sure didn't look like he did, undersized heavyweight with no real visible muscle tone. Dude was fast as fuck though, like someone put a catheter up The Flash's dick and slipped the juice in Fedor's vodka. Does that count as a PED?

This question is directed toward Enson, but there is no doubt in my mind he was.

I think Fedor was clean.

Wow, Enson! Thanks for taking the time to answer fans' questions! You're a true legend and an ambassador to the sport!

My question: do you see anyone in MMA that continues the warrior spirit today, or do you see that as a dying mentality as MMA has become more 'sport' oriented? Phone Post 3.0

Lots. 

7/19/14 1:08 PM
1/17/11

Just because that was written in the contract doesn't mean everyone was doing it.  I'm sure there were still lots of clean fighters in Pride.  If not, who cares.  PED's do not strengthen your heart.  

7/19/14 1:10 PM
7/7/12
It's not like scheduled piss-tests are hard to beat.

Victor Conte said it best; "It's not drug testing, it's IQ testing."

Anyone that gets caught nowadays either cycled incorrectly or got sold shitty roids.
7/19/14 1:11 PM
7/7/12
Also, a million VTFU's to you Enson for doing this. Hope the Yakuza don't get too annoyed lol.
7/19/14 1:18 PM
5/2/14
Malvert the Janitor -
theBrink - Lol Pride was awesome, but they were on some other shit and it was obvious, you couldn't fight as often as they did and hard as they did without something like that. Sylvia got caught juicing and he is the first guy I know of UFC wise to do it. At the risk of sounding like a shill, Dana, Lorenzo and company came in and made this a sport, not a freak show. Makes me sad to think rampage wasn't clean. Wonder if chuck was in their first fight Phone Post 3.0
Barnett was popped in the UFC before Tim, no? Phone Post 3.0
You are right! Was that pre Dana? Phone Post 3.0
7/19/14 1:20 PM
1/17/11
eXtv - Also, a million VTFU's to you Enson for doing this. Hope the Yakuza don't get too annoyed lol.

The Yakuza live a life based on honor.  I'm not telling no BS nor am I talking smack.  Just stating facts.  If there are some that don't live by honor and get annoyed by me.... so be it.  I was ready to die yesterday.

7/19/14 1:26 PM
8/4/07
JamesTheWelshDR - 
orcus - lol @ Pride fanboys. It's all about budo and honor, right! And the steroid testing had NOTHING to do with why Shogun, Crocop, Fedor, etc, all looked and performed differently the second they hit American soil.
What about the pride events held in USA ? Phone Post 3.0

I would take an educated guess,that the NSAC required them to test for all banned substances.
7/19/14 1:27 PM
11/23/12
Enson Yamato Inoue -
eXtv - Also, a million VTFU's to you Enson for doing this. Hope the Yakuza don't get too annoyed lol.

The Yakuza live a life based on honor.  I'm not telling no BS nor am I talking smack.  Just stating facts.  If there are some that don't live by honor and get annoyed by me.... so be it.  I was ready to die yesterday.

VU Phone Post 3.0
Edited: 7/19/14 1:34 PM
1/17/11
Kebab Warrior - 
Enson Yamato Inoue -

VU Phone Post 3.0

If you my read my book, "Live as a Man, Die as a Man, Become a Man"  you know I've had my run ins with the Yakuza.

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Man-Become-Modern-Samurai/dp/1495961605/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1405791107&sr=1-1   

or on my website at http://www.destinyforever.com

7/19/14 1:31 PM
8/4/07
Enson Yamato Inoue - 
Kebab Warrior - 
Enson Yamato Inoue -

VU Phone Post 3.0

If you my read my book, "Live as a Man, Die as a Man, Become a Man"  you know I've had my run ins with the Yakuza.

I need to read this book. Thanks Enson!
Edited: 7/19/14 1:35 PM
1/17/11
chilz - 
Enson Yamato Inoue - 
Kebab Warrior - 
Enson Yamato Inoue -

VU Phone Post 3.0

It's available on Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Live-Man-Become-Modern-Samurai/dp/1495961605/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1405791107&sr=1-1

7/19/14 1:36 PM
8/4/07
Enson Yamato Inoue - 
chilz - 
Enson Yamato Inoue - 
Kebab Warrior - 
Enson Yamato Inoue -

VU Phone Post 3.0

It's available on Amazon

Thanks for the link...will be purchasing for sure!
7/19/14 1:37 PM
1/17/11

Right on chilz

7/19/14 1:57 PM
1/1/01
Pathetic.

No budo.