UnderGround Forums Parillo on Cyborg’s status with the UFC

7 days ago
10/5/11

https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc/coach-says-cris-cyborg-will-stay-with-ufc/amp/

7 days ago
4/16/13

Not exactly a brilliant move to say that out loud in terms of Cyborg's ability to negotiate a new deal. Parillo basically removed any leverage Cyborg would have by pretending to field offers from other MMA promotions. Like he said, he's a coach, not a manager. He should stay in his lane.

7 days ago
3/12/02

Some may feel Cyborg gambled on herself and lost by not re-signing before the last fight on her contract, but this is all a part of a master plan devised by her management team (Ray & Tito) to start her pro boxing career. 

https://www.mmanews.com/cris-cyborg-teases-boxing-career/

7 days ago
4/16/13

Wow. Brilliant plan there.

Get absolutely starched in the most embarrassing fashion possible and completely tank your marketability, which was based around your invincibility. Then take your greatly diminished product/value and take a contract in boxing for pennies on the dollar compared to what you'd get if you hadn't gotten annihilated. 10/10 career planning there.

7 days ago
3/12/02

Cris has also said she would prefer to sign with Bellator rather than stay in the UFC.

Cris Cyborg Reveals That She Will Leave The UFC For Bellator When Her Contract Is Up

http://www.punditarena.com/mma/ccunningham/cris-cyborg-reveals-will-leave-ufc-bellator-contract/amp/

7 days ago
3/12/02
RonaldRaygun -

Get absolutely starched in the most embarrassing fashion possible and completely tank your marketability, which was based around your invincibility. Then take your greatly diminished product/value and take a contract in boxing for pennies on the dollar compared to what you'd get if you hadn't gotten annihilated. 10/10 career planning there.

Ray and Tito are playing 4D chess while everyone else is playing checkers... at the checkers tournament.

7 days ago
3/13/18

Lol. She is worth more to the ufc after the loss than she was before. Her rematch at the end of the year with Amanda would be bigger than any Ronda card. 

7 days ago
12/26/18

Cyborg's handling of that loss was very impressive, reminiscent of when McGregor lost to Diaz. That said, her attitude going into that fight is what let me know she was going to lose. She was the favorite but you could tell she wasn't respecting Nunes's chances at all. She immediately assumed she was going to steamroll her like she had everyone else and I felt like her not even a little acknowledging Amanda on paper had a better shot than most was telling of the impending upset. As they say, the cage door shuts and its all about the two fighters in there so its ultimately Cyborg's fault for underestimating Nunes but her entourage including Tito are a bunch of enablers too. 

7 days ago
12/5/10
The_Pundits_Ghost -

Lol. She is worth more to the ufc after the loss than she was before. Her rematch at the end of the year with Amanda would be bigger than any Ronda card. 

Hi Ray

7 days ago
8/6/06
Koga -

Some may feel Cyborg gambled on herself and lost by not re-signing before the last fight on her contract, but this is all a part of a master plan devised by her management team (Ray & Tito) to start her pro boxing career. 

https://www.mmanews.com/cris-cyborg-teases-boxing-career/

Much less money in women's boxing. That would be a horrible career move.

6 days ago
6/10/18
The_Pundits_Ghost -

That’s pretty funny 

6 days ago
6/17/16
RonaldRaygun -

It was God's will; all part of Jesus's plan.

6 days ago
5/18/18
Pill Cosby -

Cyborg's handling of that loss was very impressive, reminiscent of when McGregor lost to Diaz. That said, her attitude going into that fight is what let me know she was going to lose. She was the favorite but you could tell she wasn't respecting Nunes's chances at all. She immediately assumed she was going to steamroll her like she had everyone else and I felt like her not even a little acknowledging Amanda on paper had a better shot than most was telling of the impending upset. As they say, the cage door shuts and its all about the two fighters in there so its ultimately Cyborg's fault for underestimating Nunes but her entourage including Tito are a bunch of enablers too. 

Cyborg has no other “new” way to fight. She did what she always does. She just ran into a stronger, more technical, meaner bitch. She got thumped and if she fights ANY true Featherweight, she will get it again. I’ve always said that she was all smoke and steroids. 

She has never faceplanted someone like that. Her power was greatly exaggerated. Remember when she fought Leslie Smith? They stopped it at the first sign of trouble.  She was mega upset. Cyborgs power is hugely overrated.  

Amanda’s isn’t.  

6 days ago
1/14/12

Hopefully she resigns with the UFC if she took a fight or two then rematched Nunes it could be a decent draw especially in Brazil.

6 days ago
12/26/18
CMFanforlife -
Pill Cosby -

Cyborg has no other “new” way to fight. She did what she always does. She just ran into a stronger, more technical, meaner bitch. She got thumped and if she fights ANY true Featherweight, she will get it again. I’ve always said that she was all smoke and steroids. 

She has never faceplanted someone like that. Her power was greatly exaggerated. Remember when she fought Leslie Smith? They stopped it at the first sign of trouble.  She was mega upset. Cyborgs power is hugely overrated.  

Amanda’s isn’t.  

Yeah i agree with most of this. I do think Cyborg deserves a rematch at some point though based on her previous record. You think other featherweights are now going to smash her now?