UnderGround Forums Patricio Pitbull has beat champs of 3 divisions

Edited: 5 days ago
1/1/01

Pitbull should be a much bigger star in MMA than he is. Rooting for Pitbull to win the GP.

Archuleta just won the BW title but Pitbull just handled him in Sep up at FW.

Patrico Pitbull is 3x Bellator tourny finalist, a 2x tourny champ and he has won the FW world title 2x and defended it 5x. He also won the LW championship from Chandler... the greatest LW in Bellator history. Now that Archuleta captured the BW title that makes it three weight of Bellator champs that Pitbull has beat. He has also beat Wilson Reis (who has challenged for the UFC FLW title) 2x.

He has to beat Carvalho and then the winner of the Sanchez/Weichel quarter final to make it to the finals of the current GP. In the finals he will have to beat the Caldwell vs McKee winner to win the GP.

After the GP he has said he wants to go down to BW and capture a title in a 3rd Bellator weight He wanted to go after the BW title while fighting in this GP but Bellator won't let him do it.

Of his four career loses, two were split decision loses and one was an injury/tko that required surgery in a fight he was winning up at LW vs former UFC LW champ Henderson. The fourth loss was a UD to a fighter he is 3-1 vs and Pitbull has finished him twice.

With things going a little different Pitbull could be 34-0 right now instead of 30-4. Nobody has ever finished him.

Coker said the GP should start again in November.

War Pitbull.

5 days ago
1/24/16

Good post he must be one of the most underrated guys out there.

The problem is there is nothing really intriguing about him.

5 days ago
2/19/13

Wow didn’t realize he was that accomplished. Would love to see him in the UFC while he’s still at the top of his game. So much more recognition would come with beating top guys in that org instead of Bellator. Lots of intriguing fights too. But from the way he talks it sounds like he’s a Bellator lifer? 
Regardless, definitely will be tuning in for his fights 

Edited: 5 days ago
6/14/12

bellator should pay you OP.  you do more work promoting their events and fighters than they do.

* i mean that as a compliment

5 days ago
9/5/11

....in Bellator! 

= * 

5 days ago
11/24/13
Malvert the Janitor -

....in Bellator! 

= * 

He can only fight who they put in front of him, and he’s passed every test. Hard to deny him, he has some great wins.

Speaking of underrated guys, the first fight with Weichel was wild. That guy had some good boxing.

4 days ago
1/1/01
Connorwinztharematch -

bellator should pay you OP.  you do more work promoting their events and fighters than they do.

Hey man, I dislike the same things most people dislike about Bellator.

I just was really enjoying the FW GP prior to covid and I'm happy to hear it going to resume in Nov. The Archuleta title win just reminded me that now Patricio has beaten champs of three divisions and I thought that was noteworthy.

4 days ago
1/1/01

Shevchenko is almost in a postion of beating champs in 3 divisions and she has not really had a chance to go after the 4th division.

She has the win over former UFC SW champ Joanna Champion and the win over former BW champ Holm. If she got the decision in the 2nd Nunes fight then she would have a win over the current FW champ as well. She also has a win over former Strikeforce BW champ in Kaufman. Thing is Shevchenko has not had the chance to get wins over UFC/Strikeforce FLW champs (her current division) since she was the first UFC champ and Strikeforce did not have the division.

4 days ago
6/14/12
BJ Penn Forever -
Connorwinztharematch -

I just was really enjoying the FW GP prior to covid and I'm happy to hear it going to resume in Nov. The Archuleta title win just reminded me that now Patricio has beaten champs of three divisions and I thought that was noteworthy.

i wasnt breaking your balls. 90% of the time i tune into bellator its literally because of your threads. you re doing a better job than the entire viacom / bellator team to hype their stars and events. i commend you sir. 

4 days ago
1/1/01

I always got the impression for things I’ve read that both pitbull brothers are dickheads in real life so I’ve never rooted for either one. If I’m wrong let me know.

4 days ago
1/1/01
Connorwinztharematch -
BJ Penn Forever -
Connorwinztharematch -

i wasnt breaking your balls. 90% of the time i tune into bellator its literally because of your threads. you re doing a better job than the entire viacom / bellator team to hype their stars and events. i commend you sir. 

I didn't think you were breaking my balls, just saying, I dislike them for the same reasons other people do and watch less Bellator than ever now. Just pumped for the GP.

4 days ago
1/1/01

Best fighter outside of UFC easy 

4 days ago
6/14/12
BJ Penn Forever -
Connorwinztharematch -
BJ Penn Forever -
Connorwinztharematch -

I didn't think you were breaking my balls, just saying, I dislike them for the same reasons other people do and watch less Bellator than ever now. Just pumped for the GP.

the gp is the best thing going rn for bellator. i just wish coker didnt drag events out like this over 2 years. even without covid it was moving at a snails pace. 

i like the japanese format where the finalists fight twice in one night to determine the champ. they could wrap entire tournies up in 2-3 events spread over 6 months. 

the pride bushido tourny was my all time favorite. still pissed mach threw gomi into the ropes and ended up mounted bc of it. i think he could have won that fight. 

1 day ago
1/1/01

1 day ago
7/14/16
It sounds stupid, but I never liked the brothers for the stupid pitbull name.

I know it sounds dumb and I sound dumb saying it, but for some reason it annoys me when fighters start identifying by their nickname. Chris Cyborg, Pitbull Brothers, Kimbo Slice, Butterbean, etc.

It's different when the fans come to know you by the nickname, but when you identify yourself only by the name, it bugs me for some reason. There are a few exceptions, but not many.
1 day ago
6/14/12
Lurker99 - It sounds stupid, but I never liked the brothers for the stupid pitbull name.

I know it sounds dumb and I sound dumb saying it, but for some reason it annoys me when fighters start identifying by their nickname. Chris Cyborg, Pitbull Brothers, Kimbo Slice, Butterbean, etc.

It's different when the fans come to know you by the nickname, but when you identify yourself only by the name, it bugs me for some reason. There are a few exceptions, but not many.

butterbean IS butterbean 

1 day ago
2/19/13
BJ Penn Forever -

Hopefully by “interesting” it means he’s interested in following suit lol

Also cool to see this thread on the home page...Kirik you should’ve given author props to BJ Penn Forever on the link though

1 day ago
11/20/09

Another amazing thread. 

Totally opened my eyes to Pitbull.  I thought he was a decent, top level fighter, but I was underrating him. 

I was more into Bellator a few years ago, and it was when Pitbull lost to unknown Daniel Straus where I kind of overlooked Pitbull. 

Since then I really haven't paid attention but I don't care where you fight, I care WHO you fight and he has had a very successful career thus far with some quality wins. 

I'll watch his next fight.