UnderGround Forums People don't understand Anderson

12 days ago
1/1/01

Andrson came back after the leg break not because he needed to for the money but because he is a warrior. He beat Diaz. He beat Bisping in the 4th. Did not go his way. Whatever. He took the DC fight on short notice to show his skills, he did that, beat Brunson, took this Adesanya fight to challenge himself and show his skills again, did it again. Anderson is not scared about his legacy like GSP, he is just a great martial artist happy to show his skills despite being past his prime physically. Hespect.

Edited: 12 days ago
8/20/15

Not so sure he won the Brunson fight. Anderson for some reason let's people punch him too much and never lands as much in return. 

He did not fight in the 3rd round. He has glorified sparring sessions here lately as opposed to MMA fights.

12 days ago
12/2/11

Well said.. I love watching him fight. And he's looking way better in his older years than most legends. Silva is the king 

12 days ago
10/11/11

Silva is a true Martial artist and fuck anyone who says different.

12 days ago
11/9/15

Yeah, just truly loves martial arts. He had fun in there tonight.

12 days ago
3/8/15

I will miss spider when he gone. Tonight reminded me of when I first fell in love with the sports. 

12 days ago
1/1/01
Robert Thomas - 

Not so sure he won the Brunson fight. Anderson for some reason let's people punch him too much and never lands as much in return. 

He did not fight in the 3rd round. He has glorified sparring sessions here lately as opposed to MMA fights.

He;s just not able to pull the trigger as he used to, finding the right counter/range/timing/etc. I think he did extremely well in the state he is in today.
12 days ago
1/1/01
DEADLEAGUE - 

I will miss spider when he gone. Tonight reminded me of when I first fell in love with the sports. 

Yeah I def think the mantle was passed tonight in terms of getting to see the flamboyant, creative, technical striking of both these guys.
12 days ago
7/2/15

What tonight showed me is that Israel would have had no chance against the Silva that faced Leben

12 days ago
3/19/04
Morganti -

He’s been busted for PEDs.

12 days ago
11/20/09

I agree with everything in the op but that being said, fresh off UFC 234, both Anderson and Israel I thought put on rather sub par performances.  Too much feinting and backword stepping, not enough engauging.   You can make a statement, or you can make a definitive statement.  Nothing much positive to be remembered about this UFC.

12 days ago
1/24/17
nasthefad -

What tonight showed me is that Israel would have had no chance against the Silva that faced Leben

Yep

12 days ago
6/17/16

Eh, nobody Anderstand a Underson, ees normal.

12 days ago
7/22/15

Did Anderson ever rock or hurt Adesanya?

12 days ago
11/23/13
Unkind Zuffa -

Yes

12 days ago
11/9/15

This isn't competitive fighting for Anderson, it's art. He seemed happy just to be in there against a skilled opponent and showcasing the skills he acquired over a lifetime of studying martial arts. The loss didn't even phase him.

12 days ago
1/1/01
mix headroom - 

This isn't competitive fighting for Anderson, it's art. He seemed happy just to be in there against a skilled opponent and showcasing the skills he acquired over a lifetime of studying martial arts. The loss didn't even phase him.

Yep. He knows he is 43. He was showing his art and what he can still do vs the young lions with his lifetime of skills despite limited physical ability.

I'd love to read a Jack Slack breakdown of Anderson's techniques tonight.

12 days ago
10/28/16
Canooke - 
Morganti -

so has royce wats ur point?
12 days ago
4/20/08
Unkind Zuffa -

Like 4 or 5 times. Andy got rocked maybe once or twice. He even let Bender tee off on him with his hands down multiple times, and Bender did not faze him. Bender did accumulate a lot of damage, but he also ran a lot. 

12 days ago
3/19/04
starboy -
Canooke - 
Morganti -

It wasn’t good when Royce did it either.

12 days ago
11/9/15
Canooke -
starboy -
Canooke - 
Morganti -

And it's not good when 90% of the fighters we grew up watching did it. I don't think one can look back on Silva's career and say, "that's because he juiced."

12 days ago
5/30/15
Davy -

Well said.. I love watching him fight. And he's looking way better in his older years than most legends. Silva is the king 

12 days ago
5/30/15
BJ Penn Forever -
mix headroom - 

Yep. He knows he is 43. He was showing his art and what he can still do vs the young lions with his lifetime of skills despite limited physical ability.

I'd love to read a Jack Slack breakdown of Anderson's techniques tonight.

I like you guys. 

Edited: 12 days ago
10/31/05

He reminds me a lot of RJJ before that poor guy went completely nuts. Still in great shape, still more skilled to beat the entire UG into the living death... and still with some sort of otherworldly talent that isn't "trained". He lost a fight tonight, made a youngster look like a star, but always left a seed of doubt that AS could have destroyed him if he felt like it.

If he can keep taking fights like this, keep getting paid, take little damage and serve as a measuring stick for the youth, I support it. Silva tonight would have made Kelvin his bitch.

12 days ago
3/19/04
mix headroom -
Canooke -
starboy -
Canooke - 
Morganti -

And it's not good when 90% of the fighters we grew up watching did it. I don't think one can look back on Silva's career and say, "that's because he juiced."

He said he’s a true martial artist. I said he juiced/cheated. I didn’t speculate as to what impact it had on his successful career.