UnderGround Forums People s****ing on B schaub

5/22/19 10:27 AM
9/1/13

I enjoy his podcasts and I think that is his niche. But I do have to say that as a person I think he would be HIGHLY unlikeable. For one he tells very embellished stories every other episode, he's also told stories where he's very rude to strangers and that's just off putting to me and also he comes off as very arrogant and his "discreet" humble brags are nausiating. I doesn't have a lot of redeeming qualities, but I will say that he is a talented podcaster. You can't take that away from the guy. 

5/22/19 1:39 PM
6/2/04
xchrisbx24 - 

I enjoy his podcasts and I think that is his niche. But I do have to say that as a person I think he would be HIGHLY unlikeable. For one he tells very embellished stories every other episode, he's also told stories where he's very rude to strangers and that's just off putting to me and also he comes off as very arrogant and his "discreet" humble brags are nausiating. I doesn't have a lot of redeeming qualities, but I will say that he is a talented podcaster. You can't take that away from the guy. 

My issues with him is that he's full of shit 90% of the time, and it doesn't seem like it's part of an act. He talks on his podcast like he's just bullshitting with his friends, but he's talking shit about guys, and making shit up, and telling millions of people.

For example...the Nate Diaz thing. He went on the podcast talking about how Nate came at him all pissed because Brendan told him to "use his words" and Nate thought he was making fun of his lisp...then the video came out and none of that happened. They were arguing over how the Conor vs. Floyd fight went, and when Nate was saying Conor only won the rounds Floyd let him win, Schaub said something like "Conor tee'd off on you though" as he was walking away. He completely changed the story when talking on the podcast.

Same thing happened with Yves Edwards. They had a disagreement, and he went on a podcast saying that Yves apologized to him when they were texting, then Yves posted the text messages and they were wildly different.

Dude is just full of shit all the time.
5/22/19 1:45 PM
9/27/15
xchrisbx24 - 

I honestly don't even think he's a talented podcaster..occasionally, I will listen to a short clip of him trashing Dana or Usada but beyond that, I don't think he has much to say in terms of originality nor is he funny..he lacks wit and has a hard time pronouncing many words do I'm blown away by his success as a podcaster..Chael Sonnen and Rogan both have very interesting viewpoints and much to offer but Schaub just doesn't ..

5/22/19 1:48 PM
9/27/15
Rickmassmma - 
xchrisbx24 - 

My issues with him is that he's full of shit 90% of the time, and it doesn't seem like it's part of an act. He talks on his podcast like he's just bullshitting with his friends, but he's talking shit about guys, and making shit up, and telling millions of people.

For example...the Nate Diaz thing. He went on the podcast talking about how Nate came at him all pissed because Brendan told him to "use his words" and Nate thought he was making fun of his lisp...then the video came out and none of that happened. They were arguing over how the Conor vs. Floyd fight went, and when Nate was saying Conor only won the rounds Floyd let him win, Schaub said something like "Conor tee'd off on you though" as he was walking away. He completely changed the story when talking on the podcast.

Same thing happened with Yves Edwards. They had a disagreement, and he went on a podcast saying that Yves apologized to him when they were texting, then Yves posted the text messages and they were wildly different.

Interesting ..this definitely takes him down another notch for me
5/22/19 2:02 PM
5/4/16

I’ll try to make this insightful as much as I can from a comedian who lives in LA’ perspective. Obviously I can’t speak for everyone, but I’m speaking for a lot of us.

So, first things first, nobody is upset that he’s doing comedy. Anyone can do it. If you want to try it and become successful doing it, then more power to you.

As far as the “special” goes. It was awful. We all knew it was going to be. Sure, his fan base approves of it because they’re fans of his. I get that and I respect that but as far as it appealing to the masses, not even close. When you take the stage, a seasoned veteran gets straight in to his jokes. Schaub waited around and was talking about how he wants to cry based on the crowds reaction BEFORE he even told a joke. A really bad case of pandering. 

He shouldn’t have released it. He should still be developing his craft. He’s far from a “headliner” right now and it shows. He caught got up in trying to take a short cut and it was exposed on national tv. Could he be better later? Of course. That comes with more reps on stage. I hope he continues and doesn’t let this knock him down. Hopefully it humbled him and he sees how what he and showtime did was slap a lot of hard working polished comedians in the face.

As mentioned before, many many times, he’s protected by the LA comedy mafia. Rogan and those boys run the comedy store. I’ve been on shows with all of them and they’re the popular kids in high school. It’s fine though, they all deserve it. When Schaub says the “comedy store” messaged him and said to try standup, it’s a bold face lie. An independent booker who books shows there, Sam Tripoli, hit him up. This is what happens when you use the store, the Improv, and Laugh Factory as your open mics. The crowds there will make you feel better because they’re encouraging. His bit he posted from the Ice House is misleading as well. Many bookers request that you not submit them any sets from the ice house because of the generous crowd. He never had to cut his teeth when he was “coming up.” He’s still in his coming up phase and released a special, was not the smartest idea. Nobody is ready for that at 3 years. In comparison to Rocky III, he just got KO’d by Clubber in the first match. Now it’s time for him to take this L, go back to the drawing board, show a little more respect to this beautiful craft and come back better. Hopefully the same comedians who encouraged him to release this “special” are the same ones helping him cope with the low ratings and hateful social media posts.

5/22/19 2:03 PM
9/1/13
Rickmassmma -
xchrisbx24 - 

I forgot about the Yves Edwards deal, ass well as the beef with Nate. But that goes along with my point of him not being a good person. Makes me think even less of him though. It makes me think he's more of a coward than I though before. 

5/22/19 2:21 PM
2/24/11

Lol @ the lurker accounts shitting on Schaub. 

Either paid posters for the Eskimo goof or worse, cowards using alt accounts . 

5/22/19 2:24 PM
8/3/12
GrindOnLine -

There's also lurker/fake accounts giving him a 10/10 for that performance.

It was shit, plain and simple, the overall score is justified.

Edited: 5/22/19 4:53 PM
12/16/12

Any way to watch this in the UK? Showtime isn’t available here and I’m oh so curious 

5/22/19 5:00 PM
2/24/11
Fern 10th Planet -
GrindOnLine -

There's also lurker/fake accounts giving him a 10/10 for that performance.

It was shit, plain and simple, the overall score is justified.

It's laughable too.

Fair and balanced m8

5/22/19 5:06 PM
8/3/12
Chuckliddellstein -

Any way to watch this in the UK? Showtime isn’t available here and I’m oh so curious 

Link was posted last page, still works

https://hdbest.net/brendan-schaub-youd-be-surprised-tv-movie-2019-22197.html

enjoy?

5/22/19 5:33 PM
4/16/11
Fern 10th Planet -
Chuckliddellstein -

enjoy?

Please let it die already

5/22/19 6:01 PM
8/20/03
FanBoyBro - 

I’ll try to make this insightful as much as I can from a comedian who lives in LA’ perspective. Obviously I can’t speak for everyone, but I’m speaking for a lot of us.

So, first things first, nobody is upset that he’s doing comedy. Anyone can do it. If you want to try it and become successful doing it, then more power to you.

As far as the “special” goes. It was awful. We all knew it was going to be. Sure, his fan base approves of it because they’re fans of his. I get that and I respect that but as far as it appealing to the masses, not even close. When you take the stage, a seasoned veteran gets straight in to his jokes. Schaub waited around and was talking about how he wants to cry based on the crowds reaction BEFORE he even told a joke. A really bad case of pandering. 

He shouldn’t have released it. He should still be developing his craft. He’s far from a “headliner” right now and it shows. He caught got up in trying to take a short cut and it was exposed on national tv. Could he be better later? Of course. That comes with more reps on stage. I hope he continues and doesn’t let this knock him down. Hopefully it humbled him and he sees how what he and showtime did was slap a lot of hard working polished comedians in the face.

As mentioned before, many many times, he’s protected by the LA comedy mafia. Rogan and those boys run the comedy store. I’ve been on shows with all of them and they’re the popular kids in high school. It’s fine though, they all deserve it. When Schaub says the “comedy store” messaged him and said to try standup, it’s a bold face lie. An independent booker who books shows there, Sam Tripoli, hit him up. This is what happens when you use the store, the Improv, and Laugh Factory as your open mics. The crowds there will make you feel better because they’re encouraging. His bit he posted from the Ice House is misleading as well. Many bookers request that you not submit them any sets from the ice house because of the generous crowd. He never had to cut his teeth when he was “coming up.” He’s still in his coming up phase and released a special, was not the smartest idea. Nobody is ready for that at 3 years. In comparison to Rocky III, he just got KO’d by Clubber in the first match. Now it’s time for him to take this L, go back to the drawing board, show a little more respect to this beautiful craft and come back better. Hopefully the same comedians who encouraged him to release this “special” are the same ones helping him cope with the low ratings and hateful social media posts.

I'd like to hear your opinion of his actual material and if he wrote it himself.

5/22/19 6:04 PM
8/19/13
ons ear -
xchrisbx24 - 

I honestly don't even think he's a talented podcaster..occasionally, I will listen to a short clip of him trashing Dana or Usada but beyond that, I don't think he has much to say in terms of originality nor is he funny..he lacks wit and has a hard time pronouncing many words do I'm blown away by his success as a podcaster..Chael Sonnen and Rogan both have very interesting viewpoints and much to offer but Schaub just doesn't ..

Chael is great, but his podcast somewhere along the line turned into 20 minute shows with the same amount of ads as his hour plus shows used to. I couldn't do it anymore and I do miss his analysis but that is too obnoxious.

5/22/19 6:16 PM
12/16/12
Fern 10th Planet -
Chuckliddellstein -

enjoy?

Thanks man! 

I really wanted to like that, it didn’t turn out that way. I made it 20 minutes and that was more than enough, has he always been so camp or that just for the act?

The IMDB comments are a hell of a lot funnier 

5/22/19 6:50 PM
11/15/04
TequilaYuen -
Jamie nove - 
sgotwalks -

Actually, he has a nice little fighter podcast going, he has fighters for guests, and he has been a top ten contender while fighting in the UFC.........his input has some value, and the dude is pretty fucking insightful if you listen to his show. What are you looking for?

Yeah I don't get why he gets so much hate. The people on the tfatk Reddit are so obsessed with hating him it's sad

Same with the Joe Rogan reddit forum.

It's pathological. Those people obsessively listen to the Joe Rogan podcast and follow his every move on social media, just so they can hate on him and say how much he sucks.

I remember Joe went on vacation or something and there were no podcasts for a couple weeks, the Joe Rogan reddit had people melting down, demanding new content... so they could shit on it.

Maybe the demographic of reddit users has something to do with it. That forum seems full of borderline personalities and aspergers cases.

Maybe those haters were just constipated and needed help?

5/22/19 8:55 PM
5/4/16
Captain Canuck -
FanBoyBro - 

I'd like to hear your opinion of his actual material and if he wrote it himself.

I would certainly hope he wrote it himself. I’m sure, like all of us, he pitched concepts off some of his fellow comedian friends and got their input or maybe a different tag. As far as overall material goes though, it sounded like a comic three years into the game, so I’ll give him that. Any comedian three years in who released a special would be eating a bag of shit if they released a special. The main problem is the crew he runs with, he tries to be on their level. I started in 2009 and I came up with a bunch of comics hitting the open mics, doing the shitty rooms for bar tabs, doing the road gigs and losing money when you combine the gas and the hotels..motels..who am I kidding? I’m still close with those comics, we’re all still grinding it out and still paying our dues. Schaub comes in and runs with the top dogs. He already has put himself above the grind. He’s like Charlie with his golden ticket. He’s protected though, I can say this stuff behind a silly name on the UG, no way in hell would I say this on twitter. I’m just like many other comics and know there would be a huge punishment getting blackballed by the guys he’s friends with. I’ll tell you who I respect the most seeing this is Lee Syatt, Joey Diaz’s cohost from his podcast. He’s doing comedy now and he’s out doing the mics, he’s doing the road, he’s paying his dues and isn’t getting handed all the benefits like Schaub. Sure he gets on shows with Joey here and there, but he earns that with his hard work. But like I said earlier, there’s not an issue with him doing comedy but my issue is the material that people thought somehow was ready for a showtime special. He’s being set up for failure because he isn’t ready for the level he thinks he is yet. 

5/22/19 9:11 PM
8/20/03
FanBoyBro - 
Captain Canuck -
FanBoyBro - 

I would certainly hope he wrote it himself. I’m sure, like all of us, he pitched concepts off some of his fellow comedian friends and got their input or maybe a different tag. As far as overall material goes though, it sounded like a comic three years into the game, so I’ll give him that. Any comedian three years in who released a special would be eating a bag of shit if they released a special. The main problem is the crew he runs with, he tries to be on their level. I started in 2009 and I came up with a bunch of comics hitting the open mics, doing the shitty rooms for bar tabs, doing the road gigs and losing money when you combine the gas and the hotels..motels..who am I kidding? I’m still close with those comics, we’re all still grinding it out and still paying our dues. Schaub comes in and runs with the top dogs. He already has put himself above the grind. He’s like Charlie with his golden ticket. He’s protected though, I can say this stuff behind a silly name on the UG, no way in hell would I say this on twitter. I’m just like many other comics and know there would be a huge punishment getting blackballed by the guys he’s friends with. I’ll tell you who I respect the most seeing this is Lee Syatt, Joey Diaz’s cohost from his podcast. He’s doing comedy now and he’s out doing the mics, he’s doing the road, he’s paying his dues and isn’t getting handed all the benefits like Schaub. Sure he gets on shows with Joey here and there, but he earns that with his hard work. But like I said earlier, there’s not an issue with him doing comedy but my issue is the material that people thought somehow was ready for a showtime special. He’s being set up for failure because he isn’t ready for the level he thinks he is yet. 

Thank you.

I appreciate your opinion.

I spent 5 years working in the Yuk Yuk's chain in Canada in the early 90's.

Not as a comic but as Staff and I watched comics night after night, both pros, up and comers, open mics and more.

Schaub was not ready for a special and his material shows it.

5/22/19 9:39 PM
11/20/09

I have something positive to say about his stand up.

It's inspiring.  I have no comedic experience but after watching 2 minutes of his netflix special, I feel I might be capabale of being a comedian.

5/22/19 9:52 PM
11/28/03
D241 - 

I have something positive to say about his stand up.

It's inspiring.  I have no comedic experience but after watching 2 minutes of his netflix special, I feel I might be capabale of being a comedian.

what u said there is funnier than his whole act

5/22/19 10:08 PM
8/3/12
FanBoyBro -
Captain Canuck -
FanBoyBro - 

Are there quite a few comics who talk shit about him to each other behind his back?  Obviously no one in his "crew" but I have to imagine lots of others do.

5/22/19 11:04 PM
6/28/12

I started watching, got 8 minutes in. The funniest part was the intro. 

Also why would he fuck up the Union shoes he has on ??

5/25/19 4:06 AM
1/1/01

I’m watching the special right now, 20 minutes in and I’m sorry to say I haven’t found one thing he’s said remotely funny. I’m not a hater, I really had no expectations and I’ve never heard his podcast or know anything about him other than his mma fights. I’m kinda sad to say I didn’t find him funny at all, I was hoping to like it!

5/25/19 4:14 AM
8/3/11
bradu -

I’m watching the special right now, 20 minutes in and I’m sorry to say I haven’t found one thing he’s said remotely funny. I’m not a hater, I really had no expectations and I’ve never heard his podcast or know anything about him other than his mma fights. I’m kinda sad to say I didn’t find him funny at all, I was hoping to like it!

You know it's bad when they have to edit a fake laugh track in.

5/25/19 4:26 AM
8/13/14
VoodooChicken -

Can you believe how much pressure he must of felt to not fuck up? He is still new to this and already has a special. No matter what friendships or whatever you think, he is owning shit. Once he gets more comfortable you will see him change a bit but for his limited experience in stand-up he is doing very well for himself. 

Why hate on a guy trying to provide for his family anyway he can?

He shouldnt have gotten a special in the first place, bad move on his part, bad move by the platform, just a fail on all sides.