UnderGround Forums People s****ing on B schaub

24 days ago
8/3/12

This guy's comment is pretty bang on

The Unfortunate State of Stand Up

Paul_Kaufman_Linklater20 May 2019

Can we all agree on one thing - LA stand up comedy is extremely overrated. We are now in a time when podcasting has allowed personalities to call themselves comedians, despite not particularly being funny people. There are thousands of people that will pay to see Schaub do stand up, and it's only because of the podcast world where people just like to see personalities talk live. While Schaub will get hate for this special, it isn't just him. Joe Rogan is one of the most popular comedians in America, yet many would agree that despite have a great podcast, he isn't actually funny. On podcasts and social media, Chris D'elia is one of the funniest people in the world. His stand-up is just okay, and yet he is selling out theaters regularly. Kevin Hart and all of his cliched, hack material has somehow become the worlds richest comic. Strange times.

Stand up comedy is one of the hardest things to get right, and very few people are able to do it well. Schaub does not deserve any more hate than the plethora of other Netflix and HBO specials that are just as unwatchable. At least he has an excuse that he is only three years in.

If you are new to stand up comedy and don't want to waste time scouring through hours of undeserved specials to find funny material, I would recommend checking out Doug Stanhope, Colin Quinn, Louis CK, Patrice O'Neal, Dom Irerra, Dylan Moran and even Ricky Gervais. While others like Bill Burr and Dave Chapelle are not my personal cup of tea, I can at least see why they are so popular.

23 days ago
10/24/03

I saw Brendan in Calgary doing stand up, It was quite a bit better than I was expecting! He's a pretty good story teller. Good luck to him for real, he's not afraid to huslte and I admire that 

Edited: 23 days ago
1/16/19

Lots of white nights in this thread. I know Rogan shits on people that shit on others and that resonates with his listeners , but It was bad. when you do something that has viewers and it was bad than people are allowed to state their opinion. The fact that he got a showtime special so early is ridiculous and it shows in this "special"

23 days ago
1/1/01

I thought this thread was going to be about his clothes. Dude does wear some weird shit and tight ass woman pants. 

23 days ago
8/3/11
BJTT-Frank Rizzo -

I thought this thread was going to be about his clothes. Dude does wear some weird shit and tight ass woman pants. 

I've seen worse

23 days ago
7/16/15
touch -
BJTT-Frank Rizzo -

I've seen worse

What did I just see

23 days ago
12/24/10
touch -
BJTT-Frank Rizzo -

I've seen worse

WTF?

23 days ago
1/23/14
phatcat - 
touch -
BJTT-Frank Rizzo -

I've seen worse

WTF?

Well I guess we know where he's trying to draw fans from. teh UG.
23 days ago
1/21/18
IronWill -
touch -
D241 -
touch - 
D241 -

Thank you for the link.  I watch stand up comedies 4-5 times a week.  I'd go so far as to say if there's one thing I'm more passionate about than mma, is comedy.  So that being said, of course I want an mma fighter to be good at comedy.  I want to laugh and be entertained at any new comedy.  Sadly, I couldn't make it far into this stand up.  Very bland.

Stand up I watched last night is Michael Che.  Seen it a few times but it has good replay value, very funny.  Night before that was Dimitri Martin.  Very undrerrated.  Schaub isn't half as funny as those guys.

Do you consider Joe Rogan to be funny?

Yes.  Fan of his comedy.

One of my favorites is Anthony Jeselnik.  He too has a recent Netflix stand up special and while it's good, I like Caligula better.  Very dark humor.

Disappointed in your answer. Joe is a great guy but I'm not a fan of his comedy at all

So you went out of your way to bring someone up,  whom you dislike, to ask if he liked them? just to disagree with him?

What I'm getting at is, can you ask your wife about Joe's hog for me? Curious 

oh fuck off, no one cared that he watched michael che and spends 4-5 hours a week watching standup you god damn shit filled vagina

23 days ago
1/18/04
I think Rogan is funny and have watched all or most of his specials.
23 days ago
12/26/18
touch -
BJTT-Frank Rizzo -

I've seen worse

Is this real? And why do you have it saved on your hard drive. Lolol

23 days ago
4/16/11
touch -
BJTT-Frank Rizzo -

I've seen worse

Nope. No no no no. Nope. Nope. I need a Xanax and a stripclub now. Female. Ahvusssly

23 days ago
12/26/18
WWBRD -
touch -
BJTT-Frank Rizzo -

I've seen worse

Nope. No no no no. Nope. Nope. I need a Xanax and a stripclub now. Female. Ahvusssly

Lmao, I want to know what this is from. 

23 days ago
11/20/09

One thing I've noticed in comedy, is it seems like the more successful one gets at comedy, the more political they get. 

I absolutely HATE it when politcs are brought into comedy.  Even when it's a view I agree with them on, I don't feel it has any business in stand up.  People are here to laugh and be entertained, not hear your political views and how you formed them.

I'm eating dinner watching Wanda Sykes latest stand up.  She's someone who has been a solid stand up comedian for many years.  Her latest special is so political and so many times I found myself out loud sarcastically saying "That's hilarious" after she says something about Trump or black people being mistreated.  I might agree with her on a lot of shit, but can she at least talk about something else that's funny?

Jim Jeffries is the same way.  Used to be hella funny. Got some success and now he's a political activist.  Very funny-not.

23 days ago
5/6/09
D241 -

One thing I've noticed in comedy, is it seems like the more successful one gets at comedy, the more political they get. 

I absolutely HATE it when politcs are brought into comedy.  Even when it's a view I agree with them on, I don't feel it has any business in stand up.  People are here to laugh and be entertained, not hear your political views and how you formed them.

I'm eating dinner watching Wanda Sykes latest stand up.  She's someone who has been a solid stand up comedian for many years.  Her latest special is so political and so many times I found myself out loud sarcastically saying "That's hilarious" after she says something about Trump or black people being mistreated.  I might agree with her on a lot of shit, but can she at least talk about something else that's funny?

Jim Jeffries is the same way.  Used to be hella funny. Got some success and now he's a political activist.  Very funny-not.

Agree with all of this!

I saw Theo Von in Melbourne Friday night and his support act was amazing. He was a Jewish guy with curly hair from L.A, would anybody know his name?

23 days ago
12/26/18
touch -
BJTT-Frank Rizzo -

I've seen worse

Answer us you fucker. Lol, I just noticed he does the 'dick in the mouth and cups the nuts' while dancing. 

I can't stop laughing

23 days ago
4/16/11
VoodooChicken -
WWBRD -
touch -
BJTT-Frank Rizzo -

I've seen worse

Lmao, I want to know what this is from. 

I just want it and this thread to go away. I’m glad this clip exists though. For the rest of the web. He’s fat, gay, and looks like he smells like ramen noodles and speed stick 

Edited: 23 days ago
1/21/18
D241 -

Right. A good instance is George Carlin. He could get political but usually framed it around the types of people he hated which often bleeded into the left as well as the right. But realistically he was largely talking about hating republicans, but due to his cynical nature just seemed par for the course.

But when your general stand up comedian's act either is, or takes a turn for the 100% political its such a blatant grab for attention. as if only they can get 100% of liberal netflix viewers on there side they will have a shot at the bigtime. or sustaining there stardom past its expiration date.

The problem here is liberals are terrible comedy fans lately. They are reverting back to an 80's tipper gore mentality, so a lot of leftist comedians go out there ready to tear shit up are greeted with the same contempt that liberal rock and rollers were with censorship in the 80s.

23 days ago
1/21/18
Mr Muay Thai -
D241 -

Agree with all of this!

I saw Theo Von in Melbourne Friday night and his support act was amazing. He was a Jewish guy with curly hair from L.A, would anybody know his name?

Ive heard Theo on a few podcasts with Joey Diaz I believe.

23 days ago
8/3/11
D241 -

This person makes fun of Trump? Color me shocked! I bet she has some killer jokes about Putin too 

22 days ago
8/3/11

New review from imdb

Joe needs to have another talk with his boy. I would literally rather get choked out by a chimpanzee inside of a sensory deprivation tank while on dmt than watch this show. I mean at least I would be unconscious and not suffering through this massive cringe fest.

22 days ago
12/29/10
VoodooChicken -

Can you believe how much pressure he must of felt to not fuck up? He is still new to this and already has a special. No matter what friendships or whatever you think, he is owning shit. Once he gets more comfortable you will see him change a bit but for his limited experience in stand-up he is doing very well for himself. 

Why hate on a guy trying to provide for his family anyway he can?

I agree. I dont care much for him but i dont hate on what he is doing. 

22 days ago
3/4/12

On the latest JRE with Joe and Schaub at the beginning it kinda sounded like Joe was trying to go easy on him and be nice.  Telling him to stay away from comments online and his stand-up will only improve and how he’s only been doing stand-up for 3 years, etc.  Hell Joe even told him that it was normal to not feel good about a special right after it comes out and that he’s never really liked any of his.  When, in fact, he’s said many times to many people he was very happy with how his specials have turned out, especially his last one.  To me it just sounded like Joe was worried about hurting his feelings once again.  

22 days ago
9/15/15

It's a pretty regular occurrence for artists to hate/ overly critical of the stuff they just released. You have to remember they've heard that same riff/ joke a few thousand times by the time it gets recorded. If they're a perfectionist then it's a million times worse. 

22 days ago
5/22/05
D241 -

Politics has been part of comedy since at least the Romans