UnderGround Forums People s****ing on B schaub

5/28/19 1:22 AM
10/9/10
sgotwalks -
MasterofMartialArts -
Captain Canuck -
SubConscience - 

Listen to his MMA podcast. He has loads of insightful things to say in an entertaining manner. I get he might not be for everyone but listen to something you prefer instead of shitting on the guy. 

He was a top ten HW in the UFC and understand the biz side better than most. 

He is no more insightful than a lot of in depth MMA fans here.

Stop trying to make this guy something he is not.

OK but nobody gives a shit about in depth posters on the UG in real life. 

You could also say that about the media in general, TV and radio are filled to the brim with morons. 

Nobody is making him something he’s not. He is what he is. He’s a former UFC fighter, podcaster, and stand up comedian. 

There are times where he says dumb shit or goes on a rant, but as a whole I find his podcast material insightful and entertaining. 

Everyone has a preference, so I don’t see why people have to push their opinions onto others. If you don’t like him, who cares. Just don’t listen. 

Solid post.

:)

5/28/19 1:47 AM
6/2/14

I have literally never laughed at anything Joe Rogan has said while he was actually trying to be a comedian.

I do not find Schaub funny, but have laughed occasionally at some things he says.  

That special was terrible and they should both stop.

If you need a rundown of Joe's most recent podcasts, here you go:

Have guest talk.

Joe no understand.

Joe say have podcast.

Joe say how he does stand-up.

Joe say how everyone should have podcast.

5/28/19 6:25 AM
3/17/14
Richard Cranium -

On the latest JRE with Joe and Schaub at the beginning it kinda sounded like Joe was trying to go easy on him and be nice.  Telling him to stay away from comments online and his stand-up will only improve and how he’s only been doing stand-up for 3 years, etc.  Hell Joe even told him that it was normal to not feel good about a special right after it comes out and that he’s never really liked any of his.  When, in fact, he’s said many times to many people he was very happy with how his specials have turned out, especially his last one.  To me it just sounded like Joe was worried about hurting his feelings once again.  

lol he was basically saying, look it was bad but dont let that stop you. keep improving. we all know it sucked but keep at it. 

5/28/19 6:35 AM
1/1/01
dignan -

I have literally never laughed at anything Joe Rogan has said while he was actually trying to be a comedian.

I do not find Schaub funny, but have laughed occasionally at some things he says.  

That special was terrible and they should both stop.

If you need a rundown of Joe's most recent podcasts, here you go:

Have guest talk.

Joe no understand.

Joe say have podcast.

Joe say how he does stand-up.

Joe say how everyone should have podcast.

Rogan has a aliens conspiracy style woman in his podcast the other week and as usual he was asking her about AI. She said something like AI could even replace podcasts and Joe immediately got shook and responded that AI couldn’t make spontaneous funny responses like he can. The lady, who hadn’t laughed at any of his jokes, sort of nervously moved on as I recall.

5/28/19 7:49 AM
7/22/15

Me and my girlfriend checked out his comedy show the other night she thought the start was pretty corny but we watched it,  I didn't laugh that much and she thought he was pretty boring, since I followed his career and wanted to like it but it was pretty bad.

But I'll see how his next show goes.

5/28/19 9:21 AM
9/17/11

Seriously, the only reason to even come to the UG anymore is to shit on Schaub....

5/28/19 9:29 AM
6/20/14

He laughs at trolls and haters on the internet with his millions in the bank and a brand new Ferrari. 

5/28/19 9:47 AM
9/17/11
TwoCheekSneak -

He laughs at trolls and haters on the internet with his millions in the bank and a brand new Ferrari. 

Since when does rich equate to respected!? A lot of people with money are some of the most sad, insecure and fucked-up people I have ever met. Just because you don't think someone is funny and talented doesn't mean you're a "hater". If people want to be in the public eye and receive all the shine and accolades, they should expect and be willing to receive all the disdain and shade as well. Schaub is hacky douche is just as valid as Schaub is awesome and so funny. Get it!?! That's the way life works. You don't get a trophy for participating.

5/28/19 10:02 AM
6/20/14
SomeoneToDoYourDirtyWork -
TwoCheekSneak -

Since when does rich equate to respected!? A lot of people with money are some of the most sad, insecure and fucked-up people I have ever met. Just because you don't think someone is funny and talented doesn't mean you're a "hater". If people want to be in the public eye and receive all the shine and accolades, they should expect and be willing to receive all the disdain and shade as well. Schaub is hacky douche is just as valid as Schaub is awesome and so funny. Get it!?! That's the way life works. You don't get a trophy for participating.

Lol you sound really bitter.

5/28/19 10:11 AM
9/2/10
TwoCheekSneak -

Hey Brendan.

5/28/19 12:06 PM
5/9/06
D241 -

One thing I've noticed in comedy, is it seems like the more successful one gets at comedy, the more political they get. 

I absolutely HATE it when politcs are brought into comedy.  Even when it's a view I agree with them on, I don't feel it has any business in stand up.  People are here to laugh and be entertained, not hear your political views and how you formed them.

I'm eating dinner watching Wanda Sykes latest stand up.  She's someone who has been a solid stand up comedian for many years.  Her latest special is so political and so many times I found myself out loud sarcastically saying "That's hilarious" after she says something about Trump or black people being mistreated.  I might agree with her on a lot of shit, but can she at least talk about something else that's funny?

Jim Jeffries is the same way.  Used to be hella funny. Got some success and now he's a political activist.  Very funny-not.

Agree. I know he’s not really a stand up comedian, but I used to really enjoy Jimmy Kimmel. Now I find his monologues unwatchable. Too much unfunny political bs. 

5/29/19 5:34 PM
11/20/09

I don't get people shitting on Rogan's comedy.

Touch, have you seen "Triggered"?

Image result for joe rogan triggered

I just re-watched it reluctantly as I truly feared I would now be put off by his comedy, but nope, it was arguably his best stand up.

His opener I thought was great and it was solid throughout.  Close wasn't weak but probably could have been better but overall, very solid stand up.

5/29/19 10:53 PM
4/16/11
D241 -

I just re-watched it reluctantly as I truly feared I would now be put off by his comedy, but nope, it was arguably his best stand up.

His opener I thought was great and it was solid throughout.  Close wasn't weak but probably could have been better but overall, very solid stand up.

I like most of Rogan’s stuff. Some of it is just yelling and milking a joke a little too long but he’s funny. Schaub on the other hand, he’ll get there if he ever does in about another 15 yrs. he sells out clubs and if you look at his audience it’s mostly dudes 18-30 so there’s no shortage of those dummies. If he ever gives up tfatk it’s a wrap though. That’s where probably 75-90% of his fans come from. Idk about buying Ferrari’s and rolexes and $500 shoes and shit. That kind of money won’t last forever. 

5/30/19 2:31 AM
8/3/11
D241 -

I didn't, my man. But I remember reading the UG reviews and they were not much more encouraging than the ones for the Schaub's work. 

Edited: 5/30/19 6:18 AM
1/1/01

I begrudgingly turned on the latest Rogan with Schaub as a guest to hear them discuss the special. Brendon is clearly hurting from all of the negative reactions. Despite everything, I started feeling bad for him. Then he started bragging about his new Ferrari and his $22,000 watch.

Also of note was Joe calling out Schaub and other car owners on wanting exclusive cars that other people can’t get, then Schaub calling out Rogan for doing the same with his cars, and Joe defending himself by stating that his motivation is different, he likes his custom cars because nobody else can have them, they are unique !!!??? 

5/30/19 7:24 AM
5/9/06
Jump Kick - 

I begrudgingly turned on the latest Rogan with Schaub as a guest to hear them discuss the special. Brendon is clearly hurting from all of the negative reactions. Despite everything, I started feeling bad for him. Then he started bragging about his new Ferrari and his $22,000 watch.

Also of note was Joe calling out Schaub and other car owners on wanting exclusive cars that other people can’t get, then Schaub calling out Rogan for doing the same with his cars, and Joe defending himself by stating that his motivation is different, he likes his custom cars because nobody else can have them, they are unique !!!??? 

Do you remember when in that podcast they discuss the special?  I heard some very brief comments at the very beggining, but then I turned it off.  Was there more later on?

5/30/19 8:30 AM
8/20/03

5/30/19 8:53 AM
9/1/13
Jump Kick -

That podcast episode was a prime example of how out of touch those two are getting. There was a point that they were literally just bragging about all the expensive stuff they owned and then Rogan says "I'm not materialistic this watch is only like $50 or something" then Schaub says, "that watch was AT LEAST $300!" then Rogan responds "Ok maybe like $300, I don't know and I don't care!" Could they sound any more out of touch?I feel like Rogan hass probably made so much money that he kind of deserves to be out of touch. But, I feel like Schaub buys a lot of expensive shit and brags about it so he can try to keep up with Rogan.

5/30/19 3:38 PM
8/3/11

Most polarizing reviews in IMDB history?

1/10

That was comedy?

kushvilleclothing30 May 2019

I've been seeing all the bad reviews and thought it can't be that bad. I just finished watching and You'd Be Surprised how bad it was. Stay in your lane B!

5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote. 

10/10

Great comedy special

cghorashi30 May 2019

Very funny comedy special very entertaining brendan has a way about him to make regular stories very funny also appreciate his humility when he talks about his mma losses and makes the negative funny and into a positive. Exceeded expectations considering it's his first special

0 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote. 

10/10

Great special

cghorashi30 May 2019

Truly enjoyed brendan's comedy special for his first one I think it exceeded expectations. Takes a lot of humility for him to talk about his loss to travis brown way he did also to make the negative experience into comedy is talent in my opinion and truly made me laugh. Also he has a way about telling regular stories and making then funny. Would reccomend this comedy special not only to comedy fans but fight fans as well.

0 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote. 

1/10

Paying for reviews isn't funny

samuelitorico30 May 2019

And neither is this absolute travesty of a "comedy" special. Lost whatever lingering respect I had for Brendan and frankly the people around him like Callen and Rogan who help him with this garbage career. Go back to fighting. You're not using your brain anyway.

5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote. 

1/10

Super skeptical hippo eyes

codydowns30 May 2019

I pay money for showtime and I expect to receive a quality product when I dedicate an hour of time to watch TV. This was Bush league comedy, and we need to not treat comedians with kid gloves. Do not offer a special to someone who is not ready for one. I've list all respect for showtime. Send the kid back to the form league. Not the kid though B, the fighter.

6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote. 

1/10

Dicey diceyyy B

jokertmnt30 May 2019

Honestly couldn't watch the whole of it 'cause of how bad it was, but hey I was promised a discount on some nice ol' snake oil to "leave the kind of review Brendan deserves" so, here...

7 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote. 

1/10

I was certainly hoping for something better

ronaldbrown-5234730 May 2019

I honestly tried liking it, but it's not good. Seems like there are several stolen jokes/premises and that's just not okay with stand up comedy.

Joe Rogan is notorious for calling out joke thieves and I hope he calls on Schaub to do better and stop stealing.

It's obvious his celebrity got his the special and honestly it's not worth the hour watch. The only bright spot was the opening movie. But you can watch that for free on YouTube.

Schaub is also bribing people with discounts on pure spectrum CBD, a company he co owns, to give 10 star reviews now. So please if you see a 10 know it was bought. So unfortunate.

I wasnt surprised

6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote. 

10/10

Ufc fighter, podcaster, comedian

brianvalenzuela-2194330 May 2019

Love seeing schaub grow as a person. Always evolving and getting better. Great stand up and even my girlfriend enjoyed it

0 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote. 

1/10

Positive reviews are paid for - don't be fooled

jonnysa30 May 2019

For the uninformed, Brendan's sponsor offered discounts in return for positive reviews. This is the measure of the man.

The comedy special is dreadful and unfunny. Furthermore he only got it in the first place by riding others coat-tails and climbing the greasy pole. You can't buy your way to being funny. Stop trying and accept that you're a sub par comedian.

10/10

BDE

jasonmoretti30 May 2019

I truly enjoyed the special. Ive been following schaub since his ultimate fighter days. Its cool to see how he has progressed to this. Im excited to see how he improves in the future!

0 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote. 

1/10

Pathetic attempt at comedy and buying reviews

tyler-5103630 May 2019

This is the worst "comedy" special I've ever seen. It's an embarrassment to Brendan, his friends that encouraged him and Showtime for putting it on their network. Do not waste your time with this garbage.

Maybe the worst part of it all is the fact that Brendan is trying to buy false reviews by giving a 50% discount for his CBD company if a positive review is left. If it wasn't for the reviews that he bought, the overall rating would be much lower, and therefore much more accurate.

9/10

I think you'd be surprised

joerodriguezsac30 May 2019

I think you'd be surprised by how Schaub didn't stick to the usual boring commentary comedy. He did things his way as he poured out his heart with the last personal story. A lot of chuckles and several hard laugh moments. Schaub brings his Fighter&TheKid skills out.

0 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote. 

1/10

It's an accomplishment to be this unfunny

ericeherr30 May 2019

Schaub does not have the brains, the wit, or the experience necessary to be funny for a full set, but you'd think even an amateur might bumble into a laugh line or two.

Not Brendan. This is stunningly bad. Schaub's dudebro approach to "comedy" mostly involves yelling into the mic to let you know How Hugely Crazy And Funny This Story I'm Telling You Is!!!!

Like, whoa! I mean, unbelievable!

He's like an annoying guy at the bar who's had too much drink and now believes he's charming and charismatic.

5/30/19 3:48 PM
8/3/12

"Go back to fighting. You're not using your brain anyway."

Savage

5/30/19 3:55 PM
8/1/07
I haven't seen it yet but damn some of you guys are cold.
5/30/19 4:07 PM
5/14/06

I know this isn’t popular, but I just watched the special, and although I wasn’t laughing crying and I didn’t feel like I was watching Louis CK, I thought he had a pretty likable presence. But bear in mind I’ve never heard him on any podcast, and this was my first real exposure to his personality, and I went in expecting absolute cringe. 

5/30/19 4:11 PM
5/14/06

I agree that a lot of the material wasn’t good. Basically “I’m gay” in forty different variations, but I could see him dabbling with acting, assuming someone else is writing the script. Definitely not rooting against him. 

5/30/19 4:29 PM
12/18/15
xchrisbx24 -
Jump Kick -

That podcast episode was a prime example of how out of touch those two are getting. There was a point that they were literally just bragging about all the expensive stuff they owned and then Rogan says "I'm not materialistic this watch is only like $50 or something" then Schaub says, "that watch was AT LEAST $300!" then Rogan responds "Ok maybe like $300, I don't know and I don't care!" Could they sound any more out of touch?I feel like Rogan hass probably made so much money that he kind of deserves to be out of touch. But, I feel like Schaub buys a lot of expensive shit and brags about it so he can try to keep up with Rogan.

I lasted 10 minutes of that podcast, absolute shit from two cockheads.

5/30/19 4:45 PM
3/4/14

Felt like Schaubs special was more like he was forced to perform for a Saudi prince in order to avoid jail time in the Middle East. Dude was so nervous.