UnderGround Forums Perry post fight

12 days ago
8/2/11

Anyone else think Perry came off really well in the post fight presser? Combine that with a smart fight and I'm pretty impressed with him for the first time

12 days ago
1/8/14

agreed.what appeared to be a obviously retarded move only having his gf corner him now occurs to me it might possibly have been a crafty marketing strategy & a calculated risk leaning into his Florida man persona and drawing our interest.

either way it worked.

12 days ago
7/5/13

He doesn’t even know how to pay taxes. 

12 days ago
7/29/02

yeah, he gained a new fan with that fight but specially the post-fight interview

sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, a full camp and he probably wouldn't be able to pay off his debts, move. etc.

12 days ago
11/14/02
Dana, create an escrow impound account for Perry to cover his taxes please.
12 days ago
8/2/11
SOO72 - Dana, create an escrow impound account for Perry to cover his taxes please.

Or get him an accountant

12 days ago
8/29/05
ThatsHowIRoll -
SOO72 - Dana, create an escrow impound account for Perry to cover his taxes please.

Or get him an accountant

My exact text to my brother tonight was “somebody get this man a financial advisor”...very refreshing to just hear the honesty from him...always enjoyed watching him fight but thought there was a very high probability of a war machine-type scenario...hope the guy makes good decisions and sticks around for a while, I’m an even bigger fan after tonight!

12 days ago
12/7/10

i agree with all the good vibes for Mike Perry, but somehow I have the nagging feeling that 3-4 years down the line we will have the headline MIKE PERRY FACING $400K IRS PENALTY FOR IMPROPER FILING OF TAXES!

12 days ago
7/10/12
ThatsHowIRoll -

Anyone else think Perry came off really well in the post fight presser? Combine that with a smart fight and I'm pretty impressed with him for the first time

With only his gf in his corner I wouldn’t expect anything less!

12 days ago
3/14/02

Yes. New fan here. Dude has made personal mistakes but he comes across as a genuine bro. And - he can fight!

12 days ago
8/2/11
Obiewon -
ThatsHowIRoll -

Or get him an accountant

My exact text to my brother tonight was “somebody get this man a financial advisor”...very refreshing to just hear the honesty from him...always enjoyed watching him fight but thought there was a very high probability of a war machine-type scenario...hope the guy makes good decisions and sticks around for a while, I’m an even bigger fan after tonight!

Surely the UFC provides these guys a level of financial advice or support.

That said I bet a few choose to ignore it.

Lastly on a side note- why do so many high profile Americans get in trouble with taxes? In Australia the government withholds our taxes as a percentage of our earnings and we sort it all out at the end of the year.

Is it just because these guys are contractors or sole trader type arrangements that they are getting paid gross and have to offset tax themselves? 

10 days ago
2/2/05

God i hope he finds a team and a real coach he can respect. 

we need more people like mike perry and by that I mean genuine people. Real people are refreshing. 

for sure at LEAST visit your nearest h and r block though. Like right away!

10 days ago
11/19/19
ThatsHowIRoll -

No, he came off as an idiot.

10 days ago
8/2/11
ScreenName22 -
ThatsHowIRoll -

No, he came off as an idiot.

Where did you learn to steal oxygen