UnderGround Forums Petition to sue Elias for slander

29 days ago
12/29/18

His article calling Chael a racist is not laughable, as most of elias’ articles are. Typically his writing is sjw regurgitation. However, his article on Chael’s retirement and accusations that chael is a racist, is more than click bait. It’s 100% false.

Chael is too busy enjoying the good life, so he probably won’t even see that dumpster fire of an article. So, someone needs to take on the yolk and get Elias fired/sued and laughed out if the mma community for good.

Signed

29 days ago
7/7/10

Sjw will sjw 

29 days ago
4/22/07

I didn't see the article.  What did he say? 

29 days ago
12/29/18
ShanTheMan -

I didn't see the article.  What did he say? 

After announcing his retirement in the ring immediately following his loss to Lyoto Machida on Friday in New York, Chael Sonnen was thanked by former referee and now interviewer John McCarthy.

“Thank you for the way you’ve handled yourself,” McCarthy said.

Given Sonnen’s legacy of bigotry, slander, felonious behavior, pathological lying and repeated performance-enhancing drug use, gratitude for his professional conduct seems entirely misplaced. Sadly, sycophancy is common in the days following Sonnen’s retirement announcement.

At best, lickspittles confuse their own presumably positive interpersonal interactions with Sonnen for being the totality of his professional life, as if what a public figure does and says when the most ears and eyes are on them is not significant. At worst, the obsequious refuse to care about Sonnen’s sometimes coded but often quite explicit hate speech.

While taking a look back at some of Sonnen’s racist lowlights, let’s intentionally leave out the often classy and respectful manner in which he spoke of white opponents like Michael Bisping and Brian Stann. Sonnen usually had little bad to say about such opponents and instead focused his ugly rhetoric on either black athletes and/or those hailing from the Global South, leaning on stereotypes and tropes of supposed intelligence, criminality and sophistication.

Sonnen called Jon Jones “boy.” Sonnen called Portuguese – the language of Luís de Camões, Clarice Lispector, and José Saramago – a “half-step up from pig Latin,” while taunting Brazilian opponents.

Sonnen, who himself would go on to be convicted of felony money laundering and avoided jail time by snitching on others, told Brazilian opponent Anderson Silva – who is black – to “go join a gang,” because he wears baggy pants.

Sonnen mocked Silva for doing “little jigs,” and through Twitter told Silva’s manager Ed Soares, who is also Brazilian, to "pray to whatever Demon effigy you prance and dance in front of with your piglet tribe of savages that I decide not to CRUCIFY you."

After Sonnen said that cyclist Lance Armstrong had given himself cancer by using performance-enhancing drugs, the fighter went on Jim Rome’s show, denied having made the baseless allegation, and then blamed it on a fictitious Latino person that he created in his mind.

“Jim, that doesn’t sound anything like me,” he said after hearing the recorded clip of his Armstrong allegation.

“It sounds like a guy with a Hispanic accent.”

Creating a positive myth about his own intellectual pursuits and childhood while concocting a dehumanizing one for Silva, Sonnen said, "When I was a little kid, I'd go outside with my friends and we'd talk about the latest technology, in medicine, gaming and American ingenuity.

"Anderson and the Brazilian kids were sitting outside playing in the mud."

Sonnen said of fighting in Brazil, “Those guys and their blow darts don’t scare me.”

My colleague Kevin Iole has reminded the world of Sonnen’s prolific and unapologetic performance-enhancing drug use. Sonnen has also used his roles as a broadcaster to make fun of domestic violence and female victims of domestic violence, as well as used the airwaves to lie about his drug use.

He has lied about his drug use at state athletic commission hearings and claimed he’d received at least implicit permission to use banned drugs and treatments from other state regulators, namely former Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer, to excuse some of his positive test results. Kizer subsequently said he’d never had such conversations with Sonnen or any conversations with Sonnen at all.

What sticks with me the most, still, is Sonnen’s unapologetic racism, his lying, and the sporting world’s effective indifference to all of it. He never received widespread criticism for any of it when it happened, repeatedly, and now that he’s retiring again most fans and media members seem intent on further disappearing his sins with a lack of memory.

If one chooses, one can be sentimental and characterize Sonnen’s legacy as one of benign “entertainment.” One can remember him as a “classy” guy, and laud “the way he handled himself,” and one can even create a myth that he did not, in fact, often attempt to discredit opponents who had beaten him, deny “tapping out” even when he was caught on live television doing so, and blame others for his losses to the point of impugning their professional integrity (like referees).

To remember Sonnen’s public character positively, however, requires an erasure of his racism. Anyone who might insist on amnesia in this regard and look back on Sonnen’s career without mentioning his racist slurs — or does not realize that they were racial slurs, or excuses them as merely “promotion” — is doing so from a privileged position.

Anyone who thinks Sonnen’s racist statements were not racist has likely not had those types of insults hurled at them while fearing for their safety. Anyone who excuses such insults because it was merely for “promotion” is simply saying that he or she thinks it is acceptable to make a profit off hate speech.

Reflecting on Sonnen’s career without reflecting on his overt racism is not a privilege everyone has. It is a luxury mixed martial arts, and the world, can’t afford right now.

29 days ago
12/23/08

Kind of a slap in the face as Chael seems like the type of guy that would give Elias the shirt off of his back.

He’d probably even pre-stretch the neckhole beforehand.

29 days ago
4/22/07

Thanks Kav.  He uses Silva as some poor victim, but he treated opponents differently too if you look at history.  

Bacon Neck has written some dumb shit,  but this may take the cake.  

29 days ago
5/15/07
When you can't find anyone to sue personally, try to sue on behalf of others.

'Merica!
29 days ago
9/23/07
Just stretch out his shirt some more.
29 days ago
1/22/05
Some of Chaels comments in the past could absolutely be construed as racist. I mean, most of us know he's not racist and was just playing a pro-wrestling persona to sell fights. He's probably a very chill guy in real life. But his comments are on record, and that makes it impossible to sue for libel.
29 days ago
7/14/16

I've never read his articles before, so I have no history of habit to base this on, but if he has consistantly called out ALL sketchy characteristics of ALL fighters, then I'll let this slide. If he wrote the same kind of articles bashing Jones' character for his many slip-ups, JT Money for his drunken hotel episode, Connor for being Connor, and the Diaz bro's for waking up and even Mayhem for causing Mayhem then it is what it is. A man that makes mistakes in public life should expect to be called on them.

However, if this is a piece of shit who never calls anyone out on their actions and is only doing so to get some shock value on a written piece because Chael is currently in the headlines for retiring, then that's a scumbag move. If he has written other pieces on Chael's past then in it's consistency should be expected. 

With freedom of press comes a need for both sides of every situation, good and bad. It's just pieces of shit trying to make names off of others that become an issue. If he can only get noticed by rehashing old dirt, then Kirik should leash his puppy.

29 days ago
1/1/01
Anti-SJW being a SJW. Love it.
29 days ago
7/8/06

29 days ago
12/29/18
JOB - Some of Chaels comments in the past could absolutely be construed as racist. I mean, most of us know he's not racist and was just playing a pro-wrestling persona to sell fights. He's probably a very chill guy in real life. But his comments are on record, and that makes it impossible to sue for libel.

What overtly racist things has he said? Everything in the article that Elias considers racist, is not racist at all. He’s assigning racist intent because of his own inferiority complex.

Elias is a “never has been” in the mma world and is riding on the coat tails of someone who was successful, by throwing shit and hoping the public is dumb enough for it to stick.

29 days ago
11/20/09
Lurker99 - 

I've never read his articles before, so I have no history of habit to base this on, but if he has consistantly called out ALL sketchy characteristics of ALL fighters, then I'll let this slide. If he wrote the same kind of articles bashing Jones' character for his many slip-ups, JT Money for his drunken hotel episode, Connor for being Connor, and the Diaz bro's for waking up and even Mayhem for causing Mayhem then it is what it is. A man that makes mistakes in public life should expect to be called on them.

However, if this is a piece of shit who never calls anyone out on their actions and is only doing so to get some shock value on a written piece because Chael is currently in the headlines for retiring, then that's a scumbag move. If he has written other pieces on Chael's past then in it's consistency should be expected. 

With freedom of press comes a need for both sides of every situation, good and bad. It's just pieces of shit trying to make names off of others that become an issue. If he can only get noticed by rehashing old dirt, then Kirik should leash his puppy.

I have seen tons of people give him shit but the things I saw them give him shit for, was never on this level.  I was a fan and supporter of Elias Capeda but this article, does seem out of character for Elias.  Very poor taste.  

Blame yahoo as well for paying people like Kevin Iole and Elias Capeda money to trash fighters who have given us entertainment.

Elias, if you read this, I have been a long time fan and supporter of you and have come to your defense numerous times, but I absolutely will not support this article and think an apology would make a huge difference but I highly doubt you will.

29 days ago
1/13/10

Those damn Southern Jew Wrestlers strike again. 

29 days ago
9/5/11

Wow. That’s some serious trash. 

It’s so over the top it’s almost parody....only he’s serious. Unabashedly and obliviously serious. 

Wow. 

29 days ago
10/28/16
JOB - Some of Chaels comments in the past could absolutely be construed as racist. I mean, most of us know he's not racist and was just playing a pro-wrestling persona to sell fights. He's probably a very chill guy in real life. But his comments are on record, and that makes it impossible to sue for libel.

where was all this shit talking about chael from the neck of rolls before today?
29 days ago
1/1/01
Chael is and always has been a first rate ass in public. It is his shtick. I am sure many do not appreciate his sense of humor, I am one of them.

He may indeed be a great guy, but you would never know it by listening to him run his mouth over the years.

Is there even anyone who has actually accomplished something in this sport that Chael hasn't trashed verbally?

Lets not forget the fact that he is a convicted felon, that alone is reason enough to not rabidly defend him like OP.

Suing people now for saying something you disagree with, that involves you exactly none at all....my God this pussification.
29 days ago
8/8/18

Really, you want to sue him for pointing out things Chael has done that would be considered bigotry? 

Nowhere in what you posted did he call him "racist" I really like Chael but he has said and done some fucked up shit in the past. You should yourself for being a trannies dildo. 

29 days ago
11/20/09
Dryfly - Chael is and always has been a first rate ass in public. It is his shtick. I am sure many do not appreciate his sense of humor, I am one of them.

He may indeed be a great guy, but you would never know it by listening to him run his mouth over the years.

Is there even anyone who has actually accomplished something in this sport that Chael hasn't trashed verbally?

Lets not forget the fact that he is a convicted felon, that alone is reason enough to not rabidly defend him like OP.

Suing people now for saying something you disagree with, that involves you exactly none at all....my God this pussification.

Ironic.   Your last line yet you're offended by a guy you don't know, have never met, who has never said or done anything to you.  

Contine to teach us all what pussification is lol

29 days ago
12/29/18

doesn’t call him racist?
29 days ago
3/24/15

Signed. Fuck that stupid cuck loser Elias. I would step into the cage on Chael’s behalf just to get a chance to slap the bacon grease out of his pores 

29 days ago
9/26/10

i haven't read any of his stuff in several years. Not only is he a poor writer, but he constantly goes for the low hanging click-bait topics. 

29 days ago
2/13/16
Hocky -

Kind of a slap in the face as Chael seems like the type of guy that would give Elias the shirt off of his back.

He’d probably even pre-stretch the neckhole beforehand.

LOL!

Fuck that wanna be hack writer.  Chaels the man.  Always played a character that you should’ve hated but rooted for him anyway.

29 days ago
8/6/06

Elias is a dumb piece of shit. It's that simple.