UnderGround Forums Pettis is Suing USADA

6 days ago
12/9/13
GrindOnLine -
Morpheus1976 -

the whole procedure is setup so WADA/USADA has no responsebility during the drugs test, cause if they touch the bottle and the athlete test positive, the blame it on the collection company, in this case USADA.

Pettis doesn't stand a chance suing USADA over this, cause he signed the WADA code, including a waiver, you can't sue USADA and the UFC over drug testing

USADA are responsible for the equipment the force the fighters to use. They are 100% liable. 

no fucking way, it isn't their equipment. Suing will set back Pettis in lawyer costs

6 days ago
1/26/08
Morpheus1976 -
GrindOnLine -
Morpheus1976 -

the whole procedure is setup so WADA/USADA has no responsebility during the drugs test, cause if they touch the bottle and the athlete test positive, the blame it on the collection company, in this case USADA.

Pettis doesn't stand a chance suing USADA over this, cause he signed the WADA code, including a waiver, you can't sue USADA and the UFC over drug testing

USADA are responsible for the equipment the force the fighters to use. They are 100% liable. 

no fucking way, it isn't their equipment. Suing will set back Pettis in lawyer costs

100% it's their equipment, just because they didn't mfg the bottle does not mean they dont have to take responsibility if they require a fighter to use it and fighter cuts themselves. 

6 days ago
11/10/18
Morpheus1976 -

You can sue anyone for anything you want. Waivers usually don’t mean much. 

6 days ago
2/14/11

This is hugely embarrassing in my opinion. I bet the old skool fighters cringe at stuff like this. Imagine Tank Abbots coach trying to get a fight called off over a paper cut?!

Anthony ‘Petty’ Pettis 

6 days ago
3/24/15

If he needed stitches or gets an infection I think his case is furthered. I think there will be some kind of settlement 

6 days ago
2/24/11
Outlaw’d by Lytle -

This is hugely embarrassing in my opinion. I bet the old skool fighters cringe at stuff like this. Imagine Tank Abbots coach trying to get a fight called off over a paper cut?!

Anthony ‘Petty’ Pettis 

Get a fight called off? Where does it say that mate? 

He wants USADA to compensate him financially. Why shouldn't he?

6 days ago
10/8/08
fuck usada all bc gsp wanted them and now he's retired
6 days ago
10/8/07
GrindOnLine -
Outlaw’d by Lytle -

Anthony ‘Petty’ Pettis 

Try reading the article then. His coach was begging him to pull out of the Diaz fight.

6 days ago
10/27/18

Damn people are hard on Pettis.  I feel like the alignment of hard work, health, and a million other variable that it takes to be champ is often unsustainable. It’s crazy the heat fighters get for making it all the way to the top and then not staying there until retirement. 

5 days ago
8/23/02
Outlaw’d by Lytle - 

Anthony ‘Petty’ Pettis 

Embarrassing? USADA wakes you up at 6am randomly, you have to let them know your whereabouts at all times. They are able to literally show up in your life unannounced at any point and you have to submit a sample. Yes, I know this is part of 'the job' but at some point this gets a little ridiculous.

How many fighters had their fights canceled only to later be cleared. USADA didn't they cover the loss in wages or damage to their reputations.

USADA has completely gone out of their lane as a third party administrator of testing and become somewhat tyrannical in their administration of penalties.

A wise man once said, "Fuck um". And I couldn't agree more.
5 days ago
12/9/13
If it ain't Dutch, it ain't much -
Morpheus1976 -
GrindOnLine -
Morpheus1976 -

100% it's their equipment, just because they didn't mfg the bottle does not mean they dont have to take responsibility if they require a fighter to use it and fighter cuts themselves. 

nope, maybe Pettis can sue the manufacturer, but thats it, its poring money down the drain

5 days ago
12/9/13
Eskimo -
Morpheus1976 -

You can sue anyone for anything you want. Waivers usually don’t mean much. 

tell that to Mark Hunt who lost his lawsuit on all points and lost money to his lawyer.

5 days ago
11/29/11

Fuck em 

4 days ago
2/24/11
Morpheus1976 -
Morpheus1976 -
GrindOnLine -
Morpheus1976 -

nope, maybe Pettis can sue the manufacturer, but thats it, its poring money down the drain

E.g.

I build chairs.

Your restaurant buy my chairs.

Your employees do not maintain the chair to standard.

Customer sits on chair, chair breaks, customer falls and breaks his angus. 

Customer will sue your pants off and break your angus.

You can try and sue me and you could win if you can prove my chairs have a history of breaking but since you have been buying my chairs since the beginning and that's the first instance of a break, my lawyer will break your angus too. 

4 days ago
2/24/11
The Destroyer88 -
GrindOnLine -
Outlaw’d by Lytle -

Anthony ‘Petty’ Pettis 

Try reading the article then. His coach was begging him to pull out of the Diaz fight.

So the coach asked him to pull out. Where does it say Pettis tried to get the fight called off though? 

4 days ago
12/9/13
one08 -
Outlaw’d by Lytle - 

Anthony ‘Petty’ Pettis 

Embarrassing? USADA wakes you up at 6am randomly, you have to let them know your whereabouts at all times. They are able to literally show up in your life unannounced at any point and you have to submit a sample. Yes, I know this is part of 'the job' but at some point this gets a little ridiculous.

How many fighters had their fights canceled only to later be cleared. USADA didn't they cover the loss in wages or damage to their reputations.

USADA has completely gone out of their lane as a third party administrator of testing and become somewhat tyrannical in their administration of penalties.

A wise man once said, "Fuck um". And I couldn't agree more.

but, the UFC hired them to do a job. The blame is more on the UFC

4 days ago
12/9/13
GrindOnLine -
Morpheus1976 -
Morpheus1976 -
GrindOnLine -
Morpheus1976 -

E.g.

I build chairs.

You can try and sue me and you could win if you can prove my chairs have a history of breaking but since you have been buying my chairs since the beginning and that's the first instance of a break, my lawyer will break your angus too. 

not a relevant situation, USADA aren't even allowed to touch the boxes were the collection containers are packed in. its all on the athlete to open them en fill them, etc

4 days ago
2/14/11
GrindOnLine -
The Destroyer88 -
GrindOnLine -
Outlaw’d by Lytle -

Anthony ‘Petty’ Pettis 

So the coach asked him to pull out. Where does it say Pettis tried to get the fight called off though? 

Where did I say Pettis tried to get the fight called off?

Edited: 3 days ago
2/24/11
Morpheus1976 -
GrindOnLine -
Morpheus1976 -
Morpheus1976 -
GrindOnLine -
Morpheus1976 -

E.g.

I build chairs.

not a relevant situation, USADA aren't even allowed to touch the boxes were the collection containers are packed in. its all on the athlete to open them en fill them, etc

They don't "touch" them but they do transport them so yes, it is relevant. 

3 days ago
2/24/11
Outlaw’d by Lytle -
GrindOnLine -
The Destroyer88 -
GrindOnLine -
Outlaw’d by Lytle -

Anthony ‘Petty’ Pettis 

You implied it when you posted "Anthony ‘Petty’ Pettis "

3 days ago
5/5/13

3 days ago
7/8/16
Erik Apple -

Good. Fuck them

I’m with Apple! Fuck USADA

3 days ago
8/10/05
Outlaw’d by Lytle - 

Anthony ‘Petty’ Pettis 

You really don't think a fighter getting a cut and needing stitches hours before a fight due to negligence is a big deal? I'm sure Pettis had nothing better to do.

And Duke Roufus was fighting in a ring before Tank Abbot ever even stepped into a cage.
2 days ago
2/14/11
GrindOnLine -
Outlaw’d by Lytle -
GrindOnLine -
The Destroyer88 -
GrindOnLine -
Outlaw’d by Lytle -

Anthony ‘Petty’ Pettis 

No I didn't 

2 days ago
2/24/11
Outlaw’d by Lytle -
GrindOnLine -
Outlaw’d by Lytle -
GrindOnLine -
The Destroyer88 -
GrindOnLine -
Outlaw’d by Lytle -

Anthony ‘Petty’ Pettis 

No I didn't 

That's the message you conveyed. Next time choose your words better.