UnderGround Forums Prince Naseem Career Recap

25 days ago
1/25/14

Fan film by me. 

Going over some of his biggest wins and where his opponents where in the rankings. 

There’s a great focus on the Barrera fight these days which is essentially the poster fight for a cocky D-bag getting his comeuppance. 

Nevertheless he had many great fights, the war with Kelley, the war with Sanchez and some big wins against Tom Johnston, Bungu and a few others. 

His style was also pretty interesting, a genuine knockout artist. 

He gets a lot of flack for never beating someone in the P4P top 10 at the time of their fight but Roy Jones only has one win over a P4P top 10 opponent at the time of the fight and everybody loves his unorthodox style. 

25 days ago
1/24/16

My favourite boxer of all times. Crazy highlight reel 

25 days ago
1/8/04
Nas is the man.
25 days ago
1/10/13

Later

25 days ago
12/27/12

There's a documentary about him, Called Naseem the Dream or something like that. Amazing story.

25 days ago
1/25/14
benwah -

There's a documentary about him, Called Naseem the Dream or something like that. Amazing story.

I don't think I've seen that what is the focus of it?

I remember seeing one about his early life that ends with his win over Steve Robinson and then there's also a documentary "the little prince" I think made in the build up to the Barrera fight, Sky also recently released one called "When Naz hit New York" focusing on the Kelley fight. 

I don't think I've seen that one though unless you are talking about the first one I mentioned, I can't remember what that's called. 

24 days ago
12/24/10

Overrated Bum - The guy fought opponents way past their prime and  excluding those opponents fought cab drivers. He ran into MAB and got his shit pushed in by a real fighter. Nas had KO power and a gimmick. Technically he was awful . 

24 days ago
1/25/14
phatcat -

Overrated Bum - The guy fought opponents way past their prime and  excluding those opponents fought cab drivers. He ran into MAB and got his shit pushed in by a real fighter. Nas had KO power and a gimmick. Technically he was awful . 

Sounds like you've met him. 

Kelley was 30 when he fought Hamed, prime age for a some fighters. 

Hopkins didn't become ranked P4P no. 1 until he  was in his late 30's. 

Kelley's chin in the Hamed fight was no worse than it was against Alejandro Gonzalez five years earlier. 

Tom Johnston was 32 when he fought Hamed, that's really not that old. 

24 days ago
12/24/10
Stuart___ -
phatcat -

Kelley's chin in the Hamed fight was no worse than it was against Alejandro Gonzalez five years earlier. 

The flushing flash was past his prime and stilldropped  Nas several times if memory serves me correct. fFlash was far from an elite fighter

24 days ago
2/14/11

Nas was phenomenal to watch. 

24 days ago
11/14/06
benwah - 

There is a documentary about Kassim Ouma called Kassim the Dream which is indeed an amazing story, but has nothing to do with Prince Naseem Hamed.
24 days ago
6/11/06
If you can't appreciate the him you are not a fight fan!
24 days ago
9/24/12

He had this weird claim that Eubanks stole the flip over the top ring ropes from him. Even though Eubanks is years older and has documented proof of him doing it first. 

23 days ago
1/25/14
phatcat -
Stuart___ -
phatcat -

The flushing flash was past his prime and stilldropped  Nas several times if memory serves me correct. fFlash was far from an elite fighter

I don't think he was that for off being elite, he was in the P4P top 10 a couple of years before fighting Hamed, he still only had one loss on his record going in. 

For me if you make the P4P top 10 at any point in your career that qualifies you as elite. 

23 days ago
6/20/13

There is a new Prince in town

23 days ago
7/24/16

Will watch later.

Huge fan of Nas and boxing from the 90's in general. It's a shame so many people view the Barrera fight as him getting "exposed". I guarantee the majority of those people didn't see his fight with Kevin Kelley.

23 days ago
12/24/10
Stuart___ -
phatcat -
Stuart___ -
phatcat -

I don't think he was that for off being elite, he was in the P4P top 10 a couple of years before fighting Hamed, he still only had one loss on his record going in. 

For me if you make the P4P top 10 at any point in your career that qualifies you as elite. 

Fair enough-  Kelly was a very good boxer but tell me this. If you strike up a conversation about great fighters who is bringing his name up? Now MAB, Morales, Marquez, PacMan etc those were elite fighters.

23 days ago
9/13/06

imagine how much power he must have behind this added weight. I feel bad for anybody that starts a fight with him unknowingly.
22 days ago
1/25/14
phatcat -
Stuart___ -
phatcat -
Stuart___ -
phatcat -

Fair enough-  Kelly was a very good boxer but tell me this. If you strike up a conversation about great fighters who is bringing his name up? Now MAB, Morales, Marquez, PacMan etc those were elite fighters.

No one really brings up his name as an all time great but he was a decent enough fighter to qualify Hamed as a legitimate talent imo. 

22 days ago
8/17/11

Watch this later

22 days ago
4/27/16

excellent video. Thanks.

22 days ago
11/8/11

I enjoyed it but it ends too abruptly. You could have added an outro or something to close it out properly.

Edited: 22 days ago
3/5/11

Shame Nas decided partying was more of a priority than training

21 days ago
1/25/14
Eisenberg -

I enjoyed it but it ends too abruptly. You could have added an outro or something to close it out properly.

Thanks for the feedback, DM me if you have an example of a youtube video with a good ending, I couldn't really think of how to finish it.