UnderGround Forums Pros Pick Conor vs Dustin!

Edited: 1/18/21 9:52 AM
1/1/01

Carlos Condit, Matt Brown, Calvin Kattar & Javier Mendez...

Cub Swanson, Rob Font, Gavin Tucker & Marvin Vettori...

Derek Brunson, Anthony Smith, Chris Leben & Michael Chiesa...

1/18/21 9:57 AM
1/1/01

I will make my prediction like this.....

I think it’s going to come down to who shows up. Conor is a badass and starts strong. Looked aggressive and sharp against Cerrone. That being said, Dustin is an animal and has stayed active continually improving with 13 high profile fights since the last time they fought. I would like to see this fight go to a 2nd or even 3rd round and would lean towards Dustin there. If it’s early on, I will have to go with Conor. 

What you all think?

1/18/21 10:22 AM
1/1/01

ttt

1/18/21 10:44 AM
9/5/11

Terrible....

Disproportionate picks for Dustin because (as a few admit) they like him and he’s a “good guy”.

It’s willfull, mass delusion..

Chris Leben saying Conor’s greatest attribute is luck?!? And the host (you Mike) admitting you want to count the guy out?

Just watch his tape and remove your emotions.

Not a hard fight to pick...

1/18/21 10:46 AM
5/7/09

To me it's if Dustin can take his shots at 155.  Dustin is going to get hit.  He's not going to blitz Conor to the point where he can't land.  So if the first time Conor cracks him, he wobbles...  not a good sign for Dustin.  If he takes it & keeps coming, fights on.  He couldn't take it at 145, so we shall see.

1/18/21 10:54 AM
5/7/09

Dustin is a volume puncher.  Meaning he throws a lot to put guys away means lots of opportunities to counter.  Diaz is a volume puncher too & got put on his butt a few times.  But Diaz's chin is known for being pretty damn solid.  Dustin's chin has seemed a lot better at 155 but I'd still have to side with another Conor win.

Edited: 1/18/21 11:53 AM
1/1/01
Malvert the Janitor -

Terrible....

Disproportionate picks for Dustin because (as a few admit) they like him and he’s a “good guy”.

Chris Leben saying Conor’s greatest attribute is luck?!? And the host (you Mike) admitting you want to count the guy out?

Hey bud I don’t understand your point? I can’t help what Leben said and I am not counting anyone out. I think Conor is a strong starter and can take it early and Dustin has a shot later on. Fighting is more mental than physical so normally I would count out Conor being so rich and successful and out of competition, but he always proves that is not the case and he shows up every time as a serious threat. This is just my opinion and being a host has nothing to do with it. I am no expert. I have had 15 UFC fights and shared a card with Conor a that’s the only  experience I bring in. Everything else is watching and guessing just like anyone else.

Edited: 1/18/21 12:01 PM
9/5/11
Mike Swick -
Malvert the Janitor -

Terrible....

Hey bud I don’t understand your point? I can’t help what Leben said and I am not counting anyone out. I think Conor is a strong starter and can take it early and Dustin has a shot later on. Fighting is more mental than physical so normally I would count out Conor being so rich and successful and out of competition, but he always proves that is not the case and he shows up every time as a serious threat. This is just my opinion and being a host has nothing to do with it. I am no expert. I have had 15 UFC fights and shared a card with Conor a that’s the only  experience I bring in. Everything else is watching and guessing just like anyone else.

It’s all in plain English. Not sure what’s hard to understand. And I’m commenting on your podcast, not your fighting career. No need to crowbar that in. Well, apparently some need, but that’s on you bud. 

1/18/21 12:00 PM
11/2/09
Mike Swick -

I will make my prediction like this.....

I think it’s going to come down to who shows up. Conor is a badass and starts strong. Looked aggressive and sharp against Cerrone. That being said, Dustin is an animal and has stayed active continually improving with 13 high profile fights since the last time they fought. I would like to see this fight go to a 2nd or even 3rd round and would lean towards Dustin there. If it’s early on, I will have to go with Conor. 

What you all think?

+1 Quick fight winner Conor after that Dustin will take over

1/18/21 12:11 PM
8/18/13
Mike Swick -
Malvert the Janitor -

Terrible....

Malvert is the regular Conor nuthugger here. If Conor loses he’ll disappear for six months again  

1/18/21 12:34 PM
11/25/10
Mike Swick -
Malvert the Janitor -

Terrible....

This is spot on.

I'm even more concerned about Conor's gas tank now that he seemingly turned into a body builder lately LOL.  Cardio in the deep waters will always be his achilles heel.  The diamond has a real shot if he can make it that far.

1/18/21 12:37 PM
5/11/10

Dustin always squares up his feet when he starts swinging and Conor doesn't swing. Dustin will get knocked down when he opens up repeatedly.

Just a prediction but who knows. 

1/18/21 12:44 PM
1/1/01

Thanks Mike! Great videos.

Also: I propose a ban on all conor mcgregor fight predictions:

No more "If the fight ends in the early rounds I favor Conor, if it goes late I favor his opponent."

That's the wishy-washy take that literally everyone gives on every Conor fight ever! It's so obvious it's not even a prediction.

If we are predicting fights, predict: put a stake in the ground: Who wins?

I say Conor wins the fight.

Conor when he's on is a different animal from most fighters. In his last fight he was just scary - timing, creativity, ferociousness, power. It was all there. His team is saying Conor is at the best they've seen him now, and of course they usually say that. However, Conor really DOES come off like he's super dialed in, confident and disciplines (unlike, say, pre-Khabib fight Conor). He looks like he's in the zone, so I'm going with Conor.

1/18/21 12:45 PM
1/1/01
Dreville79 -
Mike Swick -
Malvert the Janitor -

Terrible....

Malvert is the regular Conor nuthugger here. If Conor loses he’ll disappear for six months again  

lol I am starting to catch on...

1/18/21 12:46 PM
1/1/01
prof -

No more "If the fight ends in the early rounds I favor Conor, if it goes late I favor his opponent."

That's the wishy-washy take that literally everyone gives on every Conor fight ever! It's so obvious it's not even a prediction.

Conor when he's on is a different animal from most fighters. In his last fight he was just scary - timing, creativity, ferociousness, power. It was all there. His team is saying Conor is at the best they've seen him now, and of course they usually say that. However, Conor really DOES come off like he's super dialed in, confident and disciplines (unlike, say, pre-Khabib fight Conor). He looks like he's in the zone, so I'm going with Conor.

Thanks! I will do what I can... these are so fun though! ;)

1/18/21 12:48 PM
9/5/11
Mike Swick -
Dreville79 -
Mike Swick -
Malvert the Janitor -

Terrible....

Nice try. Disagree all you want but the only trolls are in Mike’s post.

Keep spamming your podcast and folks will keep commenting. Sorry your feelings got hurt. Hope you get over it real quick. 

1/18/21 12:55 PM
1/1/01

Conor snipes him in an early exchange. Brawling with Conor is not the way to go. He forces it and then uses his accuracy to KO Dustin 

1/18/21 12:58 PM
9/5/11
keiths -

Conor snipes him in an early exchange. Brawling with Conor is not the way to go. He forces it and then uses his accuracy to KO Dustin 

Even Mike’s head coach can see that. It’s all the envious fighters who can’t give credit where it’s due.

Javier knows. That’s why he’s in charge. 

Wonder how pathetic the ass kissing would look if Conor agreed to go on Mike’s podcast? Worse than Josh Thompson’s ass kissing the other day? Is that possible???

1/18/21 12:59 PM
12/26/19
Malvert the Janitor -
Mike Swick -
Dreville79 -
Mike Swick -
Malvert the Janitor -

Terrible....

Keep spamming your podcast and folks will keep commenting. Sorry your feelings got hurt. Hope you get over it real quick. 

So you didn't disappear like a coward for over a year after talking a brick of shit, the last time Conor lost?

Lol, everyone knows how you are no need to sit here and lie about it little girl.

1/18/21 1:01 PM
12/26/19

Malvert gets so emotional when Conor is involved. And apparently is a grown man. What strange, mentally ill, slightly homoerotic behavior.

1/18/21 1:04 PM
9/5/11
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
Malvert the Janitor -
Mike Swick -
Dreville79 -
Mike Swick -
Malvert the Janitor -

Terrible....

So you didn't disappear like a coward for over a year after talking a brick of shit, the last time Conor lost?

Lol, everyone knows how you are no need to sit here and lie about it little girl.

Never left for over a year....show me proof and I’ll leave forever. 

How many screen names is this for you now? 

1/18/21 1:04 PM
11/25/10
prof -

LOL good point.

I predict Conor damn near makes his prediction (KO in 60sec or less), but it takes little longer.  TKO in late in the first rd.

1/18/21 1:07 PM
12/26/19
Malvert the Janitor -
KhabibWinsTheRematch -
Malvert the Janitor -
Mike Swick -
Dreville79 -
Mike Swick -
Malvert the Janitor -

Terrible....

Never left for over a year....show me proof and I’ll leave forever. 

How many screen names is this for you now? 

We all know what kind of pussy you are when Conor losses, nobody needs to prove that. We all already know. Haha

1/18/21 1:23 PM
8/14/12

Smart money is Conor is too much for Dustin early. If Dustin can clinch up and make it dirty for the first 2 rounds we might see that gassed slouching flat foot Conor we have seen before that turns into a punching bag. But I see this as like a 20% chance 

1/18/21 2:06 PM
1/1/01

lol