UnderGround Forums RIP Jimmy Thunder

4 days ago
12/15/00

Died after brain surgery...sucks, I really enjoyed watching him on Tuesday Night Fights.

4 days ago
1/22/05

Aw shit man, he wasn't that old either. I remember his fights, he had some serious power. 

4 days ago
6/3/08

For real? Damn. 

Edited: 4 days ago
1/1/01

Yep he was a staple on Tuesday Night Fights.  He and Chris Byrd we the featured heavyweights but Thunder definitely had the more crowd friendly style.  He was a good puncher. Lots of great memories watching him. After training as an amateur boxer each Tuesday we would hang out and watch TNF every week on a small, shitty box tv in the back. If you were really lucky you got to sit on a sweat soaked, broken couch. I'm sad to hear this. 

4 days ago
6/11/06

RIP - Very entertaining fighter with true 1 punch ko power 

4 days ago
7/2/15

I still remember his one punch KO of Crawford Grimsley. Official time was 12 seconds of the first round but that's only because the referee for some reason insisted on giving it a full ten count while the dude was laying there fighting the invisible man. 

Fun bit of trivia, he was the cousin of former K-1 fighter Ray Sefo. 

RIP. 

4 days ago
12/1/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I12nhrhpB9w

4 days ago
12/1/10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y6kog5RJKY

no way that was 12 seconds.

4 days ago
1/1/01
buddie - 

Yep he was a staple on Tuesday Night Fights.  He and Chris Byrd we the featured heavyweights but Thunder definitely had the more crowd friendly style.  He was a good puncher. Lots of great memories watching him. After training as an amateur boxer each Tuesday we would hang out and watch TNF every week on a small, shitty box tv in the back. If you were really lucky you got to sit on a sweat soaked, broken couch. I'm sad to hear this. 

Me too, this exactly.

4 days ago
2/16/04

RIP

3 days ago
11/10/19

Man destroyed Ray Sefo in a 6 sec KO!

He and Tua where scary dudes!

3 days ago
1/1/01
ryanJ -

Died after brain surgery...sucks, I really enjoyed watching him on Tuesday Night Fights.

I remember him from those times. My cousin and I would watch those. It seems like such a long time ago. He used to punch very hard and was entertaining to watch. I think I remember a short haired, young Lenox Lewis on Tuesday Night Fights. 

3 days ago
1/1/01
IamHe -

Man destroyed Ray Sefo in a 6 sec KO!

He and Tua where scary dudes!

Wut?

3 days ago
11/10/19
MarcusAurelioFan -

How much does he make off BJ PENN DOT COM?

An associate of his that helped him run the Bj Penn.com website has told me before they have cleared 90k a month out of that website before Facebook put the clamp on journalism.

now they probably pull in 40-50 a month

dont kill the messenger I heard that from one of the managers on the Bjpenn.com site

3 days ago
1/1/01
IamHe - 

Sefo tried boxing and and James one punched him just like the above video

Was this an amateur fight?  Ray's only loss in pro boxing was getting SMASHED by Chester Hughes.

3 days ago
12/1/10
Samoa - 
IamHe - 

Sefo tried boxing and and James one punched him just like the above video

Was this an amateur fight?  Ray's only loss in pro boxing was getting SMASHED by Chester Hughes.

also interested in this.

as said above they were cousins not that has stopped any islanders from fighting each other.

3 days ago
11/10/19

Vuys...i think i made a mistake! Miacopa!

I might have been a different boxer.

My bad

3 days ago
1/1/01
IamHe - 

Vuys...i think i made a mistake! Miacopa!

I might have been a different boxer.

My bad

FUCK!  Hahahaha.  I was hoping that you were right.  No worries at all.  Have a great weekend.