UnderGround Forums Rashad JRE scoring- Who would really win?

12 days ago
1/1/01

Who would win a (real) fight to the finish with no rounds?

Rogan said something I agree with that the last two rounds feel more important to who would win if the fight kept going.  For instance, if Jones/Reyes went 5 more rounds it would seem Jones would take it.  

But if we are talking about who would win a fight to the finish, we should also take into account advantage at the end of the rounds.  Dominick was in control of the first round and then Jones gets a break to rest and regroup. So..

-Does Jones weather the storm and end up pressuring Reyes minutes 15-25 or does the fight play out differently?

Without rewatching,

-Does BJ Penn finish Pulver by armbar without round breaks?  I think it was the end of round two so it's possible they never get into that position depending on how plays out between minutes 5 and 6.

-Does Maynard finish Edgar without round breaks in their first and second fights?

-Is this the best rule set to see who the tougher person is?

12 days ago
2/19/18

I thought all these idiots wanted MMA to be seen as a real sport not a street fight to the death

12 days ago
2/4/15

Each round should be treated as an isolated fight, not this fairytale bullshit Rogan is spewing

12 days ago
3/20/12

Jones sounded like he was crying in beginning of post fight video

I don't think he was as fresh as many think...he just has a good poker face and was pouring it on to win the last rounds...seemed exhausted and beaten up

12 days ago
1/1/01

I agree Rambo.  That's what impressed me the most about Jones.  It started to look like Mayweather against Connor the way he stalked Reyes down sapping his energy.  That was a veteran move but required huge balls to do while tired and damaged.

12 days ago
3/20/12
Danzis - 

I agree Rambo.  That's what impressed me the most about Jones.  It started to look like Mayweather against Connor the way he stalked Reyes down sapping his energy.  That was a veteran move but required huge balls to do while tired and damaged.

He is composed as hell in there.
He got hurt and rocked in a couple rounds and regained his body language enough to convince some folks he won those rounds.

He is a lot of things but certainly not a pussy or without heart...Jones has Big Balls

12 days ago
5/12/12

Jones stalked that man for 25 minutes. Jones is growing on me by the pico.

12 days ago
11/28/03

one thing about reyes, his corner told him hehad thefight won, to just keep his hands up (not get finished)

i think thats a big part of why jj won that round

12 days ago
7/16/13

I think Reyes would still take it under "fight to the death" rules. They're assuming 5th round Jones appears after 25 minutes and Reyes fades, but there wouldn't be any breaks between rounds under that rule set and I think Dom could do enough inside of 10-15 with no breaks to save Jones 

12 days ago
11/16/09
Danzis -

Rogan said something I agree with that the last two rounds feel more important to who would win if the fight kept going.  For instance, if Jones/Reyes went 5 more rounds it would seem Jones would take it.  

But if we are talking about who would win a fight to the finish, we should also take into account advantage at the end of the rounds.  Dominick was in control of the first round and then Jones gets a break to rest and regroup. So..

-Does Jones weather the storm and end up pressuring Reyes minutes 15-25 or does the fight play out differently?

Without rewatching,

-Does BJ Penn finish Pulver by armbar without round breaks?  I think it was the end of round two so it's possible they never get into that position depending on how plays out between minutes 5 and 6.

-Does Maynard finish Edgar without round breaks in their first and second fights?

Reyes and Jones, they fought under the rules that exist, not some imaginary rules. Had the rules been weighted to favor the last 2 rounds over the first 3, people would fight differently. 

Joe made a dumb argument about "if the fight went 5 more rounds". Reyes fought to win a 5 round fight, not a 10 round fight.

12 days ago
6/27/02

No rounds, judge the whole fight. I know it'll never happen but that's the way to go. 

12 days ago
3/20/12
Osbot - 
Danzis -

Without rewatching,

Reyes and Jones, they fought under the rules that exist, not some imaginary rules. Had the rules been weighted to favor the last 2 rounds over the first 3, people would fight differently. 

Joe made a dumb argument about "if the fight went 5 more rounds". Reyes fought to win a 5 round fight, not a 10 round fight.

yep
they both know it could go 25
both fought to go 25, even though reyes poured it on early he still had plenty for 25

Using no time limit as any part of a discussion of a 25 minute fight is some serious mental gymnastics

Rogan is so off regarding certain topics and fighters

11 days ago
6/14/12
Rambo John J -
Osbot - 
Danzis -

Without rewatching,

yep
they both know it could go 25
both fought to go 25, even though reyes poured it on early he still had plenty for 25

Using no time limit as any part of a discussion of a 25 minute fight is some serious mental gymnastics

Rogan is so off regarding certain topics and fighters

Wait, so joe rogan has problems with rational and logical thinking ?

The guy that used to hunt big foots for sci fi ? Nahhh....

11 days ago
4/11/10

25 minutes straight

no rounds

11 days ago
7/11/12

Sorry but Rogan saying this just shows how dumb he can be.

11 days ago
6/16/07

No rounds, to the finish.  Diaz wins.