UnderGround Forums Ratings are in.Holy crap at the #s.Reyes is a star

Edited: 30 days ago
12/7/18

http://www.showbuzzdaily.com/articles/showbuzzdailys-top-150-friday-cable-originals-network-finals-10-18-2019.html

Reyes the first legit LHW attraction since Ortiz and Liddell? To do these numbers on a Friday on ESPN2 is bananas. 805k average while peaking at 1million during the Reyes vs Weidman fight. 

Sure, you can attribute the numbers to Weidman (Weidman was always a star) But that just means that 1 million people saw Reyes perform like a stud, show charisma after the fight, then call out the so called champion for a title shot. Everything seems to be lining up perfectly for Reyes.

Reyes is quickly becoming a star. Hes a counter puncher with probably the cleanest boxing at LHW. Mexican stud. He checks all the boxes and has all the momentum going into a title fight now. For once the LHW title picture is actually exciting thanks to Reyes. Reyes would be taking big numbers with him into dethroning Jones. The young hungry undefeated lion with the Mexican and American fanbase. Its out with the old, in with the new. Seems like we have ourselves a story:) This is what the UFC should've been doing from the start. Building big fights or fighters on cable espn, to as many viewers as possible, and then taking the super fights on PPV. No paywalls on anything. Paywalls only limit availability and alienate fans.

Congrats to Reyes, the young champion. I think these numbers pretty much solidly his title shot now. He is on the war path to dethroning Jones. Reyes is a terrible match up for Jones. He can do what Santos did. He can do what Gus did 1st time. he can put it together. Hes the same size. Iron will. Jones likes to "out-hustle" but you are not out-hustling a Mexican. He has the KO power which Gus never had. He possesses a legit countering threat which Jones has never faced in his life before. Jones has never faced anyone like Reyes, ever. Reyes is gonna beat the fuck out of Jones lol. Jones's time is finally coming to an end (hallelujah). Out with the old, in with the new

30 days ago
12/7/18

Just click the link and it has all the info 

30 days ago
8/19/03

You know, given the current status of the LHW top 5, it's not out of the question that he could get the shot.  I would imagine Santos is still injured, as well as Smith.  Unless they can close a DC-Jones III fight, Which doesn't seem likely,  this matchup could happen if Jones is willing to fight again soon.

I say why not.

30 days ago
12/7/18
WaltJ -

You know, given the current status of the LHW top 5, it's not out of the question that he could get the shot.  I would imagine Santos is still injured, as well as Smith.  Unless they can close a DC-Jones III fight, Which doesn't seem likely,  this matchup could happen if Jones is willing to fight again soon.

I say why not.

Personally I would still like to see Reyes pick up a little more experience. Just to absolutely make sure that hes going to be 100% ready. Reyes is the chosen one. You dont want to rush this one, if theres even a 5% chance hes not ready. But hey, who knows. There have been many times when a young fighter rose above the occasion. Reyes improves every fight. I always said Reyes was the one to beat Jones:)

30 days ago
1/1/01
ConorWinsTheRematch - 
WaltJ -

I say why not.

Personally I would still like to see Reyes pick up a little more experience. Just to absolutely make sure that hes going to be 100% ready. Reyes is the chosen one. You dont want to rush this one, if theres even a 5% chance hes not ready. But hey, who knows. There have been many times when a young fighter rose above the occasion. Reyes improves every fight. I always said Reyes was the one to beat Jones:)

This. Reyes has been talked about for some time as potentially the next big thing at LHW, short of Johnny Walker's explosive entry into the mix. However, his last two fights don't necessarily give me confidence that he's the man to be competitive with Jones, much less dethrone him.

A split-decision win against Volkan and KOing Weidman (who is anything from a top contender these days) doesn't exactly spell guaranteed title-fight status. Who do you think he should fight next?

The ideal situation would be to keep him and Walker on two separate tracks, so they never have to face each other until one is a champ or until they've both had a shot at the champ.
30 days ago
5/11/08

Thats a massive number for ESPN2. They basically did the same rating as the college football game on regular ESPN, which they got bumped for.

12/7/18
Liyon -
ConorWinsTheRematch - 
WaltJ -

I say why not.

This. Reyes has been talked about for some time as potentially the next big thing at LHW, short of Johnny Walker's explosive entry into the mix. However, his last two fights don't necessarily give me confidence that he's the man to be competitive with Jones, much less dethrone him.

A split-decision win against Volkan and KOing Weidman (who is anything from a top contender these days) doesn't exactly spell guaranteed title-fight status. Who do you think he should fight next?

The ideal situation would be to keep him and Walker on two separate tracks, so they never have to face each other until one is a champ or until they've both had a shot at the champ.

You know nothing about fighting. Youve made that abundantly clear through your posting history. I dont sugarcoat it. That's just the truth. Reyes last 2 fights have only further reaffirmed that hes going to beat the shit out of Jones. The Footwork. The boxing. The countering. The kicking. The sound fundamentals. Jones just lost to a kneeless journeyman MW, yet people want to give Reyes shit for clearly beating the best version of Volakn ever 2-1? What a joke. Theres such biases being exposed. Youre looking at it all wrong anyway. The Volkan was a great learning experience to have. Reyes made huge improvements after that fight, in order, to be able to do what he did to Weidman. And hes still improving. Let me drop some proper perspective for people like you. Jones had fought NO ONE in his first 12 fights. Jones in his first 2 years in the UFC was already losing rounds to Gusmao and Stephen Bonnar. Beating Volkan 2-1 sure does shit all over Jones beating Bonnar 2-1. People seem to judge Reyes more harshly though for some reason, even though Reyes has been showcasing far superior skills on his way up against far superior competition (LHW has always been shit and always will be shit but Reyes is still facing way better fighters on his way up then Jones was). Reyes is the real deal. Hes going to smash the fuck out of Jones. 

12/7/18
pbody -

Thats a massive number for ESPN2. They basically did the same rating as the college football game on regular ESPN, which they got bumped for.

Reyes the first real LHW draw since Ortiz and Liddell? And hopefully the UFC takes the hint and starts putting all the cards on cable ESPN

30 days ago
10/12/19
ConorWinsTheRematch -
WaltJ -

I say why not.

I said Reyes would be champ one day first ok buddy?

Now that's cleared up I am surprised by those numbers and looking forward to his next fight, that should not be Jones, I predict a Smith or blachowiz fight first. 

12/7/18
Rangi -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
WaltJ -

I say why not.

Now that's cleared up I am surprised by those numbers and looking forward to his next fight, that should not be Jones, I predict a Smith or blachowiz fight first. 

I based my assertion on actually knowing fighting and analyzing his fights. Someone else mentioned it in another thread, but Reyes vs Santos (imo for the interim title) sounds nice. that would be great if Reyes doesn't get the shot

30 days ago
1/1/01
ConorWinsTheRematch - 
Rangi -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
WaltJ -

I say why not.

I based my assertion on actually knowing fighting and analyzing his fights. Someone else mentioned it in another thread, but Reyes vs Santos (imo for the interim title) sounds nice. that would be great if Reyes doesn't get the shot

So is Reyes ready or is he 5% not ready?!?!?
30 days ago
10/12/19
ConorWinsTheRematch -
Rangi -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
WaltJ -

I say why not.

Ah so your saying none of us are on your analytic level are you?

It seems to me you think way to highly of yourself and with a screen name like that I have very reasonable doubt about your intelligence. 

12/7/18
Rangi -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
Rangi -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
WaltJ -

I say why not.

It seems to me you think way to highly of yourself and with a screen name like that I have very reasonable doubt about your intelligence. 

Clearly. That much is evident. I have a reason. Confidence comes from experience. Knowledge is gained over a life time. Knowledge acquires. you don'tjust stumble into wisdom. I dont mind sharing some of my insight, and the education that follows is a great thing. 

30 days ago
6/14/12
ConorWinsTheRematch -
Rangi -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
Rangi -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
WaltJ -

I say why not.

Clearly. That much is evident. I have a reason. Confidence comes from experience. Knowledge is gained over a life time. Knowledge acquires. you don'tjust stumble into wisdom. I dont mind sharing some of my insight, and the education that follows is a great thing. 

dunning kruger x autism x ocd.

tells 20 year member he doesnt know anything about fighting because knowledge is acquired over time. 

20 + years of observational subject analysis and study through discussion notwithstanding of course...

cognitive dissonance is a bitch OP.

30 days ago
5/28/19

Numbers not good enough for Jones --

Jones does not want to fight Reyes right now until he puts up more, better numbers

30 days ago
11/30/11

No one is ready, Jones is GOAT

30 days ago
9/10/10

Cause its on espn2 which everyone has

30 days ago
5/30/15
ConorWinsTheRematch -
Rangi -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
Rangi -
ConorWinsTheRematch -
WaltJ -

I say why not.

You're embarrassing yourself. Again. 

30 days ago
9/20/19

I’d attribute the ratings to Yair/Stevens 2. There was so much buzz after the eye poke fight. I think it was more likely Mexican fans were tuning in for Yair first, Reyes 2nd. 

29 days ago
9/27/15
Bizarre that Reyes/Weidman drew a big number..Weidman was never really a draw even when champion I don't think and Reyes? No one knows who the fuck he is outside Mma forums

I'm delighted by the good numbers and hope Mma picks up again
29 days ago
12/7/14

this is an important thread.  CWTR has been calling this for months now and now it's coming to fruition.  Jones won't make it through 2020 with the belt.

29 days ago
7/19/13

I like Reyes. Based on the rankings he should get next crack at Jones, and then Walker can face the winner of that. Rakic can get next after that. I hope they don’t make these guys eliminate each other on the way up. Fresh meat for the champion is always exciting. Tired of the same old matchups with Gus and DC. Time to bring in the deadly giants that have risen from the ashes. Jones has never faced men this dangerous who equal his size. 

29 days ago
7/19/13
Boom Boom Mancino -

this is an important thread.  CWTR has been calling this for months now and now it's coming to fruition.  Jones won't make it through 2020 with the belt.

Unless he runs away from the division and postpones the inevitable. That seems to be the strategy apparently. To run off to HW and avoid passing the torch altogether. He knows his time is up. He won’t make it through Reyes, Walker, Rakic, and Santos 2 without losing. There’s no way. If he did fight all of them and beat them all, he becomes the all time indisputable GOAT with no one coming close for decades. He won’t take that risk and jeopardize the aura he currently carries. It’s too risky..

29 days ago
1/24/16

Whats up with the paragraphs OP?

Edited: 29 days ago
4/24/14

Santos was as big a problem mostly (and predictably) because of his experienced and powerful kicking game; all kinds of range problems for Jones. Reyes doesn't pose that particular problem which is crucial to beat him. Without long limbs and good kicks, it will be a repeat of Jones/Gus 2. However, he has the needed size and pretty crisp boxing. I wonder about his TDD.

I think Jones' next fight is the one that will tell us clearly if his decline has started. I think it's possible.