5/15/19 4:18 PM
12/9/09

I couldn’t find a good clip

5/15/19 4:21 PM
7/10/15

The episode is on hulu

5/15/19 4:24 PM
1/22/05
He did well but almost fucked it up by talking too much.
5/15/19 7:35 PM
8/20/03
5/15/19 7:38 PM
8/20/03
5/15/19 8:56 PM
7/15/04

5/15/19 10:13 PM
6/27/18

Rener is such a car salesman. That product is goofy and I can't see it moving big units.

But he is much more successful than me, on his own terms, so who am I to judge.

5/15/19 11:05 PM
11/9/17
TequilaYuen - 

Rener is such a car salesman. That product is goofy and I can't see it moving big units.

His father taught him well how to be a snake oil salesman and he was . born into wealth so there is that!
5/15/19 11:09 PM
12/17/06

Dude has presence.

5/15/19 11:20 PM
1/1/01
not the worst product I have ever seen, but not something I would ever buy either.
5/15/19 11:21 PM
11/8/09
Altofsky -

Dude has presence.

I think you mean Renergy...

5/15/19 11:46 PM
8/31/15

Dude was on my flight to la on Sunday. Paced up and down the isle with a baby strapped to his chest for like 2 hrs. Don't know why I'm sharing this but here it is

5/16/19 12:35 AM
1/3/11

Dude I can see that selling

5/16/19 12:38 AM
4/17/17
PelosiesPanties - 
TequilaYuen - 

His father taught him well how to be a snake oil salesman and he was . born into wealth so there is that!

You guys are turning it into something so negative. I admire his willing to grind and sell. That's work beyond his natural charisma. I cant do it. Never could. I stayed away from all jobs that required it throughout my life. So I respect that.
5/16/19 1:21 AM
5/14/06
Reebot -

The episode is on hulu

What season?

5/16/19 1:30 AM
5/14/06

Ah it’s the most recent one from season ten on Hulu

5/16/19 1:32 AM
5/14/06

No matter what you think of him, he’s a very charismatic guy, and his pitch very entertaining.

5/16/19 1:48 AM
3/12/16
2JupitersTooMany -

No matter what you think of him, he’s a very charismatic guy, and his pitch very entertaining.

I agree.

5/16/19 1:56 AM
5/14/06

I thought it was hilariously in character that he quickly handed out a black belt.

5/16/19 2:15 AM
10/5/17

There is something I don't like about him. Reckon he has a big secret. Something off putting. 

5/16/19 2:27 AM
8/6/06

It was called the "Hero Hoodie" a few months ago.

Edited: 5/16/19 4:37 AM
6/27/18
sassen -

There is something I don't like about him. Reckon he has a big secret. Something off putting. 

Not really a secret, but not freely discussed. Rener and his brother Ryron pushed their own father Rorion OUT of the Gracie business.

Rorion started the Gracie Academy in Torrance in 1989. The first Brazilian jiu-jitsu school in North America. As his sons grew and progressed in the art, he was happy to have them take on instructor roles.

This went on for many years. Rener and Ryron - especially Rener - took more and more initiative with the business. The Gracie University website, the combatives curriculum, the online blue belt instruction program, the intense merchandising - that was all Rener.

Still, Rener wanted more: He wanted control of the business. Why stay under his dad's thumb when he was the one really doing all the work and running the show?

A couple years ago, Rener and Ryron made their move: They opened a new location under the name of Gracie University. They took all Gracie Academy's clientele with them. They started a new merchandise line divorced from the name of Gracie Academy.

They gave their father Rorion a choice: He could come with them in a salaried figurehead position. Or he could continue with the Gracie Academy name alone.

Rorion is a prideful man. He didn't want to be under his sons. He took the latter option.

Gracie Academy's original location closed its doors a few months after Gracie University opened.

So now Gracie University is thriving. Rener and Ryron have taken control of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, with no involvement from the father.

And Rorion goes his separate way. How does he feel about it? You won't find any pictures of his adult sons on his social media.

5/16/19 6:42 AM
1/1/01
TequilaYuen -
sassen -

Not really a secret, but not freely discussed. Rener and his brother Ryron pushed their own father Rorion OUT of the Gracie business.

Rorion started the Gracie Academy in Torrance in 1989. The first Brazilian jiu-jitsu school in North America. As his sons grew and progressed in the art, he was happy to have them take on instructor roles.

This went on for many years. Rener and Ryron - especially Rener - took more and more initiative with the business. The Gracie University website, the combatives curriculum, the online blue belt instruction program, the intense merchandising - that was all Rener.

Still, Rener wanted more: He wanted control of the business. Why stay under his dad's thumb when he was the one really doing all the work and running the show?

A couple years ago, Rener and Ryron made their move: They opened a new location under the name of Gracie University. They took all Gracie Academy's clientele with them. They started a new merchandise line divorced from the name of Gracie Academy.

They gave their father Rorion a choice: He could come with them in a salaried figurehead position. Or he could continue with the Gracie Academy name alone.

Rorion is a prideful man. He didn't want to be under his sons. He took the latter option.

Gracie Academy's original location closed its doors a few months after Gracie University opened.

So now Gracie University is thriving. Rener and Ryron have taken control of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, with no involvement from the father.

And Rorion goes his separate way. How does he feel about it? You won't find any pictures of his adult sons on his social media.

Source?

Seems like a somewhat reasonable thing to do by the brothers.

5/16/19 8:01 AM
1/9/11
TequilaYuen -
sassen -

Rorion is prideful, but he should be proud. They took what he taught them and made something more from it, and gave him an opportunity to keep the same level of involvement as before (minimal), spend time with his sons and yet not have to worry about the money. 

Sometimes dad's are so fucking dumb. 

Rener has always been a freak of nature. Inspirational dude that exudes positivity.