5/18/19 2:54 PM
3/16/15
TequilaYuen - 
UltimateKeyboardWarrior - 
yusul - 
Ruprecht - 
yusul - 

sounds 70/30 kids fault. 

rorion didn't seem that interested in teaching in the last 10 and the kids were doing most of the teaching. if they offered a large amount and he could act like a figurehead or at least have an input as to what goes into the product, it's reasonable, like a retirement settlement. 

however, the sons shouldn't have set up shop nearby and stolen all the family students.  at least i think royce didn't set up nearby nor rickson when they left. 

Rorion hasn't taught the group classes in at least 20 years. Caique and Royce were teaching the intermediate classes and purple belts were teaching the beginners. The school lost a lot of students when Caique moved down the street.

i remember that, but my point in case would be rorion is not caique's father or brother.

Agreed.

You don't push your father out.  

Especially when he was the guy that gave you everything that you have.

(And I am not a fan of Rorion).

The argument could be made that Rorion is on the outside looking in by his own choice. That he could have had his own office at Gracie University... if he had been willing to accept that he was no longer in charge. Pride is not always a good thing.

But on the same hand, it says something about Rener that he was unable to come to terms with Rorion. Rener's business ambitions were more important to him than his relationship with his father. Being a part of the business wasn't enough - He wanted ownership, and he was willing to put his dad out of the picture to get it,

I have a grudging respect for such drive. Yet I also believe there has got to be more to your decision-making than money.

I will re-post what I wrote before:

5/18/19 3:01 PM
8/30/09
Here's a link to Rener's full Shark Tank segment

https://vimeo.com/336256857
30 days ago
6/27/18

30 days ago
1/1/01
TequilaYuen -
UltimateKeyboardWarrior - 
yusul - 
Ruprecht - 
yusul - 

sounds 70/30 kids fault. 

rorion didn't seem that interested in teaching in the last 10 and the kids were doing most of the teaching. if they offered a large amount and he could act like a figurehead or at least have an input as to what goes into the product, it's reasonable, like a retirement settlement. 

however, the sons shouldn't have set up shop nearby and stolen all the family students.  at least i think royce didn't set up nearby nor rickson when they left. 

Rorion hasn't taught the group classes in at least 20 years. Caique and Royce were teaching the intermediate classes and purple belts were teaching the beginners. The school lost a lot of students when Caique moved down the street.

i remember that, but my point in case would be rorion is not caique's father or brother.

Agreed.

The argument could be made that Rorion is on the outside looking in by his own choice. That he could have had his own office at Gracie University... if he had been willing to accept that he was no longer in charge. Pride is not always a good thing.

But on the same hand, it says something about Rener that he was unable to come to terms with Rorion. Rener's business ambitions were more important to him than his relationship with his father. Being a part of the business wasn't enough - He wanted ownership, and he was willing to put his dad out of the picture to get it,

I have a grudging respect for such drive. Yet I also believe there has got to be more to your decision-making than money.

accurate assessment. i wouldn't be surprised if his own kids turned on him in the future. 

30 days ago
5/8/15

Got damn Lori Greiner is a prime milf

30 days ago
10/1/03

Lori just paid $250k straight up for private’s is what’s going on. (Pun and no pun intended) It wouldn’t of even mattered what he was selling... good grief these genetically gifted mulekes.

She couldn’t even legitimately threaten to remove her offer because she kept thinking about their first business meeting over a nice dinner and wine.

Hope Lori gets her wish.  ????

28 days ago
2/5/13

Regarding them pushing their dad out - I’ve seen this in several family businesses it’s pretty common when the old man hangs on.  You can’t really hate on them without knowing the details.  I have a similar situation now but the guy isn’t my dad but more of a mentor.  

Founder gets old and isn’t putting in the hours the work or the commitment.  Yes he founded and he deserves some rope but there comes a point.  The problem comes up when the founder does not put a clear plan of succession in place.  When the sons are there every day putting in work, modernizing the place, opening up new revenue streams, etc...but don’t have actual control...and the founder is chilling at home  collecting a bigger check and showing up once a week...they’re hanging on too long at some point it isn’t fair...if the sons don’t have a clearly defined path to ownership it breeds resentment...and the old men need to recognize this...when will they get control - 5 years, 10 years...the sons worry is that the dad/founder is on easy street so why would he ever give up control just keep on collecting the easy money forever ...if you don’t do anything about it they’ll keep this situation until they’re 98 and die 

27 days ago
1/1/01
FCTV808 - 

Lori just paid $250k straight up for private’s is what’s going on. (Pun and no pun intended) It wouldn’t of even mattered what he was selling... good grief these genetically gifted mulekes.

She couldn’t even legitimately threaten to remove her offer because she kept thinking about their first business meeting over a nice dinner and wine.

Hope Lori gets her wish.  ????

Lol. Without a doubt I think that had something major to do with it.
27 days ago
3/5/14

Honesly, that's a decently clever product.  I could actually see that being  usefull for someone who's going to be out and about all day without wanting to have to carry much with them. 

27 days ago
3/5/14

27 days ago
3/5/14

^^^ For anyone interested in how the whole shark tank application and filming system works in reality.  Very interesting to hear how much goes into it before you see the edited couple of minutes that airs on TV.